PHS

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
noshowjoe

PHS

Postby noshowjoe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Congratulations to PHS on a 2nd place finish.
I think it will be closer next year great job.

GRECO

Re: PHS

Postby GRECO » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 pm

I agree with no show
Good job PHS as this year had its challenges but like noshow says.. it will be better next year!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Very good performance this year; I look for PHS to be in the thick of it couple years from now! South will win it next year than PHS will be there

DSBX21

Postby DSBX21 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:49 am

Three more in a row before anybody even comes close

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 am

noshowjoe wrote:Congratulations to PHS on a 2nd place finish.
I think it will be closer next year great job.

Doubt it.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 am

GRECO wrote:I agree with no show
Good job PHS as this year had its challenges but like noshow says.. it will be better next year!

Don't think so.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 am

vortexfan wrote:Very good performance this year; I look for PHS to be in the thick of it couple years from now! South will win it next year than PHS will be there

Nope.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 am

DSBX21 wrote:Three more in a row before anybody even comes close

May want to change your name to DSBX22 now...

SingleLegTrump

Postby SingleLegTrump » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 am

I mean I know we've had the argument that it's just for second place (see: H. Clinton) but the big reds worked hard all season and I'm sure out of season to earn that second place. I don't know coach Way or the rest of the staff but I'm sure they are extremely satisfied with their runner up finish to a south team that just had more depth and superior training. Tradition seems to be big at PHS and finishing in the top two is certainly a nice tradition. I'm not sure the coaching staff would disillusion themselves with attempting to get first next year as it seems the p south juggernaut is continuing its rampage, but I have faith that with the proper strength training and technique instruction, the big reds will have their eyes set on that silver medal with an unquenchable thirst!

So that said mat maid, maybe realize it isn't all about winning and some teams are content with finishing to the best of their ability if first place is unachievable.
Make Wrestlers Tough Again

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:45 am

SingleLegTrump wrote:I mean I know we've had the argument that it's just for second place (see: H. Clinton) but the big reds worked hard all season and I'm sure out of season to earn that second place. I don't know coach Way or the rest of the staff but I'm sure they are extremely satisfied with their runner up finish to a south team that just had more depth and superior training. Tradition seems to be big at PHS and finishing in the top two is certainly a nice tradition. I'm not sure the coaching staff would disillusion themselves with attempting to get first next year as it seems the p south juggernaut is continuing its rampage, but I have faith that with the proper strength training and technique instruction, the big reds will have their eyes set on that silver medal with an unquenchable thirst!

So that said mat maid, maybe realize it isn't all about winning and some teams are content with finishing to the best of their ability if first place is unachievable.

Very well put sir. But as a good buddy of mine was told me, "If you're not first, your last" R. Bobby

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 am

What school has the most team titles and individual state champions?

Tiger44001

Postby Tiger44001 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

MaleMatMaid, I do see a closer finish next year in the AAA race for first. Not only with PHS, but UHS as well. Both programs are returning a lot of fire power, but unknown is the JV class that didn't quite crack the starting line up for each squad or those that did get a chance to get some time on the Varsity side and held their own. I know at UHS, there were at least 2 that spent time up on Varsity, and they have a 3rd that could more than hold his own also, but due to a log jam stayed JV. Things should be interesting next year, and quite literally for the next couple. Now if MaleMatMaid still thinks that PSHS will still be that much more further ahead then, let's see how they do against St Edward' again. Or may I suggest Ohio's AAA runner ups, Elyria High School. Shouldn't be too hard to get something arranged with them.

Fan 1977

Postby Fan 1977 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm

mscoach90 wrote:What school has the most team titles and individual state champions?

South and PHS are actually tied with 21 Team Titles.

PHS has the lead in Individual State Champions with 154. I did a quick count and came up with 57 of those coming before South became a school. So, in the last 50 years- PHS 97 South 86.

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Tiger what does wrestling Elyria or St Ed have to do with pHS or South getting better the next few years. At least they wrestle them. Just so you know it is not easy getting on their schedules !

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Fan 1977 wrote:
mscoach90 wrote:What school has the most team titles and individual state champions?

South and PHS are actually tied with 21 Team Titles.

PHS has the lead in Individual State Champions with 154. I did a quick count and came up with 57 of those coming before South became a school. So, in the last 50 years- PHS 97 South 86.

Oh and don't forget in the last 50 years- South 21 PHS 12 in team championships. Nice try though mscoach90 :roll: :lol:

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:47 am

Guys, watch commenting on rumors.
Moderator WV Mat

aaacoach90

Postby aaacoach90 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:25 am

Gator wrote:Guys, watch commenting on rumors.

Its not

mscoach90

Postby mscoach90 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 am

Thanks for the info, I did think PHS had a slight edge, but was not trying anything. What I presume I preform.

Eersfan

Postby Eersfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

MaleMatMaid wrote:
SingleLegTrump wrote:I mean I know we've had the argument that it's just for second place (see: H. Clinton) but the big reds worked hard all season and I'm sure out of season to earn that second place. I don't know coach Way or the rest of the staff but I'm sure they are extremely satisfied with their runner up finish to a south team that just had more depth and superior training. Tradition seems to be big at PHS and finishing in the top two is certainly a nice tradition. I'm not sure the coaching staff would disillusion themselves with attempting to get first next year as it seems the p south juggernaut is continuing its rampage, but I have faith that with the proper strength training and technique instruction, the big reds will have their eyes set on that silver medal with an unquenchable thirst!

Very well put sir. But as a good buddy of mine was told me, "If you're not first, your last" R. Bobby

If anyone wld know about finishing last on the mat it wld be malematmaid. Stats don't lie

DSBX21

Postby DSBX21 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Lol censorship on this site is becoming unreal.

Gator

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:09 pm

DSBX21 wrote:Lol censorship on this site is becoming unreal.

When a moderator is asked to remove comments on here that is sensitive in nature, we do just that. I was asked.
Moderator WV Mat

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Eersfan wrote:
MaleMatMaid wrote:

If anyone wld know about finishing last on the mat it wld be malematmaid. Stats don't lie

Yes, exactly. That's what makes me a credible source ;)

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:13 am

Malematmaid, I would love to see you tell Sammy Henson that his silver medal doesn't matter in the 2000 Olympics because it wasn't gold. Although it's fun catch phrase, it really holds little value.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 am

Bucktail wrote:Malematmaid, I would love to see you tell Sammy Henson that his silver medal doesn't matter in the 2000 Olympics because it wasn't gold. Although it's fun catch phrase, it really holds little value.

I'll be sure to tell him whenever I see him bro

Return to “High School Wrestling”