WV Duals

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

WV Duals

Postby Bearhugger » Sat May 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Preliminary reports indicate that the WV Duals are NOT happening during the 2017 / 2018 season.

If true, then this could be considered a step backwards from a WV State Dual Championship happening in the future.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

coach_williams

Re: WV Duals

Postby coach_williams » Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Any word as to why?

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Sun May 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Used to be a good tournament with a lot of competition. I wonder if it's not happening because so many wv coaches refused to support it.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 am

Heisenberg wrote:Used to be a good tournament with a lot of competition. I wonder if it's not happening because so many wv coaches refused to support it.

I don't know about previous years, but this year WV Duals was the same weekend as National Guard Duals. Being in direct competition with a big meet always will present a challenge for running a smaller meet. Looking at it from the perspective of a coach, if I am choosing between a meet with 30+ teams or a meet with 8 teams, the decision is easy.

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 am

Heisenberg wrote:Used to be a good tournament with a lot of competition. I wonder if it's not happening because so many wv coaches refused to support it.

It seems as though that is the case Mr. Heisenberg.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Mon May 15, 2017 8:39 am

coach_williams wrote:

I don't know about previous years, but this year WV Duals was the same weekend as National Guard Duals. Being in direct competition with a big meet always will present a challenge for running a smaller meet. Looking at it from the perspective of a coach, if I am choosing between a meet with 30+ teams or a meet with 8 teams, the decision is easy.

Yeah, if you're a coach that actually wants competition then you would choose a tournament with the top team or teams in the state. If you sleep with the dogs you'll get fleas. If you wrestle fish you'll never get any better.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon May 15, 2017 1:09 pm

I hate to hear this and hope it gets resolved. However if teams are looking for a Dual Meet tournament the Park Duals is always looking for teams to add.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 pm

This is sad used to be one of the best tournaments to witness! What the heck happened?

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 am

How about the middle school portion of the tourney?

Return to “High School Wrestling”