Very early buts lets get some chatter started...

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach_williams

Re: Very early buts lets get some chatter started...

Postby coach_williams » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:51 pm

I have nothing bad to say about them either. To each his own. I just wish people would stop assuming that a kid that doesn't play football or basketball is playing a sport that has no benefit.

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:15 pm

CoachWilliams I agree with you an ZZ 100%. Hope I didn't sound like I was correcting anyone. I completely agree with you guys on this.

Jbee

Postby Jbee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:10 pm

I would bet that there are more wrestlers that further their career in college than in football or basketball. in the last number of years wrestlers continueing their career has increased tremendously. as far as football and basketball goes girls basketball has more scholarships offered than male football and basketball combined in WV......all football coaches should be recruiting wrestlers in their school. Leverage and foot work. WVU has recruited a number of wrestlers for defensive line. a number of their nose guards have been accomplished high school wrestlers. one even wrestled HWT a few years ago after his football eligibility had ended.
Lifes tough....Wear a Helmet!

mscoach6

Postby mscoach6 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:19 pm

vortexfan wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:
noshowjoe wrote:I dont think AAA is drying up.
If you wrestle all classes together i think AAA walkes away with 10 of 14 state titles

I received a text from my friend Truesouthfaninbulgaria. He said if you take South out of the equation, the AA walks away with most of the titles.

At a glance, I would have to agree. In this case, we have circled right back to South being the big fish in a pond that is drying up.

Why is the pond drying up?

Don't see how the pond is drying. Since South only won 5 of 14 titles last year, three of which by seniors. Even with Braxton and Humphrey's that's 4 for this coming year. Considering every champ from the rest of the classes will be returning.

Assault Rifle

Postby Assault Rifle » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 am

Who are everyone's preseason favorites to be at the top of the podium this year? Let's start out with the lower weight classes.....106, 113, 120, 126, and 132.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:49 am

Assault Rifle wrote:Who are everyone's preseason favorites to be at the top of the podium this year? Let's start out with the lower weight classes.....106, 113, 120, 126, and 132.

Those are probably some of the toughest classes to predict because so many kids move around in those weights. I can't even predict who will be in those weight classes on our team right now, much less who will win them for the entire state.

Assault Rifle

Postby Assault Rifle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 am

Ok, there has to be some early favorites in different weight classes so lets get some early predictions started. Most of us in the wrestling community know where most kids are going to wrestle. With that said....who do you like to win it all this year?

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Assault Rifle wrote:Who are everyone's preseason favorites to be at the top of the podium this year? Let's start out with the lower weight classes.....106, 113, 120, 126, and 132.

Casucio,Laya,Whorton(Brock),Whorton(Blake),Flint

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:20 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:

Are these the new weight class projections for these "Five from the Bee Hive"?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:

Are these the new weight class projections for these "Five from the Bee Hive"?

East Fairmont Bees...................Bee Hive Five
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”