New wrestling coach coming?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gator

New wrestling coach coming?

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 am

Moderator WV Mat

aaacoach28

Re: New wrestling coach coming?

Postby aaacoach28 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

Donna Dixon would be a great choice. She has won a State Championship for South.

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 pm

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am

I think Steve Rader would make a good head coach.

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 pm

noshowjoe wrote:I think Steve Rader would make a good head coach.

They're all the same anyway.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:34 pm

aaacoach28 wrote:Donna Dixon would be a great choice. She has won a State Championship for South.

I sure hope the PHS staff doesn't act like the South staff did when the head coach opening occurred few years ago. That was not right how it all went down!

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 am

vortexfan wrote:
aaacoach28 wrote:Donna Dixon would be a great choice. She has won a State Championship for South.

I sure hope the PHS staff doesn't act like the South staff did when the head coach opening occurred few years ago. That was not right how it all went down!

Care to elaborate?

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:12 pm

MaleMatMaid wrote:
vortexfan wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Don't want to see the drama start again about this; but South has a good wrestling tradition and some tried to downgrade one of their own in that process, it was uncalled for and there is a lot of talent that feeds that school, just think it's gotten to be more like a travel pee wee team with some of the ones making sure they keep control of things, when the programs tradition is where it's at, some of the early years of Souths success was set long before many of the ones that downgraded one of their own back when the head coach opening position was available. It was orchestrated but South will be successful due to the feeder programs and tradition! Lots of luck to them and their present coach!

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:10 am

At the time i thought they picked the wrong coach but it worked out.
I think they got the right coach now though.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:27 pm

[quote="noshowjoe"]At the time i thought they picked the wrong coach but it worked out.
I think they got the right coach now though.[/quote
Last edited by vortexfan on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm

noshowjoe wrote:At the time i thought they picked the wrong coach but it worked out.
I think they got the right coach now though.

Hard to debate a lot of talent feeds the school and very successful program. How many assistant coaches? Looks like an entire team of coaches standing behind the team.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Lol They do have a team of assistant coaches, but thats a good thing.

fan234

Postby fan234 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 am

Bring back Schenny. :lol:

wrestle1

Postby wrestle1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 am

Let me get this straight, how many coaches does South have ? Is there a rule on how many you are allowed ?

wrestle1

Postby wrestle1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:17 pm

I just read this from the Ohio forum Yappi.

{Think about this. The school I follow the closest, St. Edward, has had three head coaches in the programs history. It is kinda a running joke how many assistant coaches St. Edward has currently and it obviously a huge benefit when wrestlers get one on one attention from a coach during practice. This was a practice that started under previous head coach, Howard Fergeson. Coach Fergeson is often and correctly accredited with building the St. Edward program into the powerhouse that it is today. When Coach Fergeson passed away unexpectedly and the head coach position opened up, it seemed like a very desirable position, really a lot of similarities to Lasalle's position currently. They had a very talented roster returning, more talent on the way, and excellent assistant coaches in place who had no intention of leaving providing stability}

So does having more coaches help ? It appears that one of the most successful programs {St Eds } in HS history have quite a few coaches. I have heard that South has 4 D1 coaches and at least 2 DII coaches on their staff. Do you think there is a relationship to there success or those kids just came there knowing everything they know and those guys just stand there and take credit. What other WV team has that kind of talent for coaches ?

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:01 pm

wrestle1 wrote:I just read this from the Ohio forum Yappi.

{Think about this. The school I follow the closest, St. Edward, has had three head coaches in the programs history. It is kinda a running joke how many assistant coaches St. Edward has currently and it obviously a huge benefit when wrestlers get one on one attention from a coach during practice. This was a practice that started under previous head coach, Howard Fergeson. Coach Fergeson is often and correctly accredited with building the St. Edward program into the powerhouse that it is today. When Coach Fergeson passed away unexpectedly and the head coach position opened up, it seemed like a very desirable position, really a lot of similarities to Lasalle's position currently. They had a very talented roster returning, more talent on the way, and excellent assistant coaches in place who had no intention of leaving providing stability}

So does having more coaches help ? It appears that one of the most successful programs {St Eds } in HS history have quite a few coaches. I have heard that South has 4 D1 coaches and at least 2 DII coaches on their staff. Do you think there is a relationship to there success or those kids just came there knowing everything they know and those guys just stand there and take credit. What other WV team has that kind of talent for coaches ?

South has a tremendous feeder programs; plus some talented transfers, not to take away from coaches but about anyone could coach that team last year, this year and next year and win the team state championship with the talent there. Many of the back ups (JVs) and several waking the halls at South could make some noise! Lots of luck to them.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:26 am

vortexfan wrote:

South has a tremendous feeder programs; plus some talented transfers, not to take away from coaches but about anyone could coach that team last year, this year and next year and win the team state championship with the talent there. Many of the back ups (JVs) and several waking the halls at South could make some noise! Lots of luck to them.

The more talented the team the more issues a coach has to deal with. Some good some bad. I don't think it is as simple as some would lead us to believe. Maybe tench will post his opinion on inherited talent and then delete it again when he realizes that some of his friends have inherited a lot of talent and failed to produce titles.

Every school has guys walking the halls who don't wrestle or play another sport that they would appear to be made for. There have always been distractions. In my day it was girls muscle cars or trucks jobs and beer. Now the list is even bigger. Happens here too.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:32 am

Back to topic of Parkersburg high coach. Anyone named? What are the people there saying? One thing they could do is wait until the last minute to name the coach and that way the team could practice legally all fall.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Hearing it's one of Souths assistants

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Seems like a solid choice to me....has more titles then the current staff.

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 pm

vortexfan wrote:

I'm curious about your "talented transfer" comment.....please elaborate......I can think of two transfers in the last 8-10 years that South has had. With more talent comes bigger ego's & issues.....but what do i know about ego's? :D :lol:

Return to “High School Wrestling”