Parkersburg South All Americans

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aaacoach28

Parkersburg South All Americans

Postby aaacoach28 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Help me on this but is this the first time a wrestling team will have 5 all Americans on it??

csmith11

Re: Parkersburg South All Americans

Postby csmith11 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Souths 05 team had 6 according to their all-American board in the room.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:33 pm

aaacoach28 wrote:Help me on this but is this the first time a wrestling team will have 5 all Americans on it??

Last season, Independence had at least five All Americans. Noah Adams, Jacob Hart, Alex Hart, Tucker Lawson (middle school) and Bowdy Boyce (middle school).
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

South83

Postby South83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Not sure about the different ways a wrestler can earn all-american status. I have always understood that earning all-american status in Fargo carries more weight. Anyone want to clarify?

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 pm

South83 wrote:Not sure about the different ways a wrestler can earn all-american status. I have always understood that earning all-american status in Fargo carries more weight. Anyone want to clarify?

Good point South 83 be nice to know! If you were part of the South 83 team that was one of the best!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 pm

vortexfan wrote:
South83 wrote:Not sure about the different ways a wrestler can earn all-american status. I have always understood that earning all-american status in Fargo carries more weight. Anyone want to clarify?

Good point South 83 be nice to know! If you were part of the South 83 team that was one of the best!

Under the direction of Coach Oldham he was a legend!

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:11 am

I can't clarify. Many different opinions on what is an all American.
One of the south people mentioned an all American board in their room. I don't remember which one said it and I am too lazy to look back. What teams have an all American recognition and how does one get that honor?

I would say place at
Fargo
Nhsca
Flonationals
Super 32
Uww Cadet world team trials
Uww Junior world team trials

None of these are in season tournaments so how do you get all American in season? Ironman? Beast? Reno was tough years ago but I don't think it gets the national attendance anymore.
Asics used to name an all American team not sure if they still do that? Would that count? Flo, intermat, theopenmat, Amatuer wrestling news all do rankings. Does that count? What place do you need to be ranked to be all American?
panther coach will tell us about a Milton kid who didn't have the parental support to go to big tournaments but would have beat anyone in wv past present and future.
Dr Welker will tell us that traveling to national tournaments is foolish just go to Pennsylvania to compete and train and state results are more important anyway. I don't think he recognizes all Americans at the high school and below levels.
CoachWilliams will tell us that only the wealthy get totravel and the money should be redistributed. All American should be a reflection of the fact that we are all equal and all get a trophy? Kidding. Williams may be the man to ask about how different schools honor all American, he has lived in many districts.
Last edited by ZZChooseTop on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm

A wrestler needs to finish in the top eight of the governing national tounament
to be a all-american.

IndyHart

Postby IndyHart » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:35 pm

ZZ, I would add the UWW Cadet Nationals/World Team Trials in Akron to your list. They recognize top eight as All Americans in freestyle and Greco.

Blastdouble2

Postby Blastdouble2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Middle school AA doesn't count

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Blastdouble2 wrote:Middle school AA doesn't count

Sure it does.

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:37 am

The All-American status is a great achievement but every coach, dad or wrestler knows when they win a tourney or place high there are always those certain wrestlers that didn't show up that woulda knocked everyone down a spot. They didn't attend but they're still out there somewhere. Enjoy your accomplishments but realize...little johnnys granny don't have her 90th birthday every Sunday. Little Johnny Asswhipper will be there next week. Train hard always!!! The order isn't etched in granite.

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:59 am

Maybe so diamond but little Timmy Asskicker's 90 year old Granny would never have her birthday party on a Sunday because the weekends are for wrestling tournaments.

Blastdouble2

Postby Blastdouble2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:28 am

Bearhugger, if that is the case then South has 2 national champions, a national finalist, 3 2 time all-Americans, a 3 time all american, and a one time all American. If middle school counts. In my opinion, it doesn't.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Blastdouble2 wrote:Bearhugger, if that is the case then South has 2 national champions, a national finalist, 3 2 time all-Americans, a 3 time all american, and a one time all American. If middle school counts. In my opinion, it doesn't.

I have no problem with recognizing what any wrestler, from any school, has accomplished at any point in time.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Blastdouble2 wrote:Bearhugger, if that is the case then South has 2 national champions, a national finalist, 3 2 time all-Americans, a 3 time all american, and a one time all American. If middle school counts. In my opinion, it doesn't.

10 all Americans and 12+ on the football team? Impressive. Care to give us names and tournaments? I believe you but I tried to do some research and piece it together but all I keep getting is a 14 time national champion from Warren who they hope will be a state qualifier this year. Didn't make sense to me but I am a little slow when I am on vacation.

Return to “High School Wrestling”