AAA FOOTBALL ROSTERS

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

AAA FOOTBALL ROSTERS

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:28 am

The high school football rosters are posted on WVSSAC. It's interesting to see lots of wrestlers playing football this year. Big Red 182 pounder Tyler Moler is starting at running back. He had close to 250 yards rushing against Saint Albans. South has more than a dozen wrestlers playing football. I listened to the game and heard Drew Dunbar, Zane Hinzman, Dalton Fullerton and Kaleb Richards names called out several times. Twenty six of the 29 AAA rosters are posted. The only ones not posted are George Wahington, Jefferson and of course Huntington. They actually are posted, but with last years rosters. It seems like Huntington is all most always one of the last teams to post their rosters in wretling and football. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ZZChooseTop

Re: AAA FOOTBALL ROSTERS

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:09 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:The high school football rosters are posted on WVSSAC. It's interesting to see lots of wrestlers playing football this year. Big Red 182 pounder Tyler Moler is starting at running back. He had close to 250 yards rushing against Saint Albans. South has more than a dozen wrestlers playing football. I listened to the game and heard Drew Dunbar, Zane Hinzman, Dalton Fullerton and Kaleb Richards names called out several times. Twenty six of the 29 AAA rosters are posted. The only ones not posted are George Wahington, Jefferson and of course Huntington. They actually are posted, but with last years rosters. It seems like Huntington is all most always one of the last teams to post their rosters in wretling and football. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

South has more than 12 wrestlers on their football team? That's impressive. The influx of wrestlers made an impact on indys team last year. Point has been blessed with inherited talent in both sports for a while now. I think in a and aa we have more multi sport athletes out of necessity. I am in favor of the middle and upper weights playing football but it worries me that the 106 will get hurt and we will lose him for wrestling.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Other than the four wrestlers mentioned above playing football for South this year are last year JV wrestlers; Wyatt Linder and Bradley Hayten. Freshmen who places 1st in Wood County last year; Gavin Quiocho, Brayden Kimes, Myson Anderson and Noah Buckalew, along with 4th place finisher Devin Gaines. Nate Santiago who started a few varsity matches in 2015/16 didn't wrestler last year but may wrestle this year is also playing football. two others that didn't wrestle wrestle last year but could this year are Dalen King and Marshal Mcphearson. They are both Sophmores this year so the last time they wrestled was in the 8th grade. McPhearson was Wood County Champion at HWT and King was 2nd at 155. So that's a total of 14 kids playing football. That's the most wrestlers iv'e EVER seen playing football!

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:00 pm

K

Bucktail

Postby Bucktail » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:51 am

I saw South vs. university this weekend, (University asst. football coach) and I will tell you South could use a couple of their upper weights on the line, just like University could use some their line on the mats.

Current UHS wrestlers on the team include Jace Stockett, Owen Zeiders, Max Robertson, Hayden Starcher, Will Miller, & Liam Scardina-Fowler.

When scrimmaging Preston, it was noticeable that Blake Miller, i think their 195, was back from his injury and played exceptionally well.

Jeremy Zeiders

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Some other wrestlers that placed last year placing football include; Cutlip-Buck,5th-126, Fischer-CM, 4th-182, Wood-JM, 4th-120, Durrah-JM, 6th-182, Haynes-Rip, 4th-220, Swisher-Hamp, 3rd-195, Dryer-Wash, 6th-126, Bradbury-Wash, 4th-170, Swafford-WW, 4th-285, Loew-WP, 2nd-195 and Wood-WP, 3rd-220.

timamos

Postby timamos » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Bucktail wrote:I saw South vs. university this weekend, (University asst. football coach) and I will tell you South could use a couple of their upper weights on the line, just like University could use some their line on the mats.

Current UHS wrestlers on the team include Jace Stockett, Owen Zeiders, Max Robertson, Hayden Starcher, Will Miller, & Liam Scardina-Fowler.

When scrimmaging Preston, it was noticeable that Blake Miller, i think their 195, was back from his injury and played exceptionally well.

Jeremy Zeiders

Coach Zeiders, you have mail. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Bucktail wrote:I saw South vs. university this weekend, (University asst. football coach) and I will tell you South could use a couple of their upper weights on the line, just like University could use some their line on the mats.

Jeremy Zeiders

Miller had a good showing at NHSCA in 2016. I was watching for him last season but of course he was injured. It is good to know he is back.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Return to “High School Wrestling”