Region 4

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
vortexfan

Re: Region 4

Postby vortexfan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm

greencrush wrote:OR, we could go to an all class state tournament, with 32 man brackets. Same number of wrestlers qualify, same number of matches take place at the state tournament, so on so forth. Just up the number of place winners to 8 ( I guess this would actually at 16 matches to the tournament, so more revenue). Nobody wants to do it because they are scared of making it too competitive.

Not a bad idea!

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:18 pm

greencrush wrote:OR, we could go to an all class state tournament, with 32 man brackets. Same number of wrestlers qualify, same number of matches take place at the state tournament, so on so forth. Just up the number of place winners to 8 ( I guess this would actually at 16 matches to the tournament, so more revenue). Nobody wants to do it because they are scared of making it too competitive.

Please don’t make the state tournament any longer than it is now! Last year we had 5 days of it, thanks to the WVSSAC!
Moderator WV Mat

greencrush

Postby greencrush » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Gator wrote:

Please don’t make the state tournament any longer than it is now! Last year we had 5 days of it, thanks to the WVSSAC!

Fine, so only place the top 6. Boom. Same number of wrestlers. Same number of matches. Placing is more prestigious. Wrestlers get better. WV gets better.
sentenceseller

Gator

Postby Gator » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 pm

greencrush wrote:
Gator wrote:

Fine, so only place the top 6. Boom. Same number of wrestlers. Same number of matches. Placing is more prestigious. Wrestlers get better. WV gets better.

I wouldn't be against an all class state tournament. Just run it in 3 days. Start early on Thursday and cut some of the down time. As it is right now, it could be ran in 2 days easily.
Moderator WV Mat

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Whatever it takes to have the best wrestlers at the states!

Return to “High School Wrestling”