Super 32 Winning % by School

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Super 32 Winning % by School

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 pm

When you add up all the wins and all of the losses of each Super 32 wrestler by school, you have the following percentages:

South 72%

Oak Glen 71.43%

East Fairmont 66.67%

Musselman 60%

Washington, Nitro, Frankfort 50%

St. Albans, John Marshall, Huntington, Parkersburg, Greenbrier East and Independence 33.33%

University 20%

Point Pleasant and Wheeling Park 0%
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Whizzer

Re: Super 32 Winning % by School

Postby Whizzer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Wow, who actually cares. What is the point of this?

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm

I found it interesting.

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Why isn't that interesting? I believe Oak Glen had 1 wrestler in attendance. These pecentages have no analytical value, nor do they show any trend in terms of team strength. So I am curious what, in your opinion, is "interesting" about these percentages.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 pm

I simply did the math and reported the findings to initiate conversation. Mission accomplished.

I am fully aware that a school such as Wheeling Park more than likely has many of its top returning wrestlers tied up in football. It is also a long drive. On the other hand, Parkersburg South also has a few wrestlers tied up with football. Returning AA champions Independence has their whole team tied up in football, soccer or cross-country.

Ten schools only had one wrestler at Super 32, not just Oak Glen.

I did check the %s against last season's team standings before posting this topic. South was #1 last year and they are #1 in these %s. Other than that, I didn't see anything worth adding. However, these are this year's wrestlers and the state tournament (or tournamentS) have not taken place yet.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Double post delete
Last edited by ZZChooseTop on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:47 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
WP1992 wrote:Why isn't that interesting? I believe Oak Glen had 1 wrestler in attendance. These pecentages have no analytical value, nor do they show any trend in terms of team strength. So I am curious what, in your opinion, is "interesting" about these percentages.

I didn't think it was interesting in a confrontational way thought it was interesting who sent wrestlers and which wrestlers won matches. but since your feathers are ruffled and you mentioned oak glen then among other things I found it interesting that one wrestler from oak glen outscored your entire team. I get that not everyone from your team came but who from your team would have racked up enough wins to offset oak glens single wrestlers wins?

are you saying that wheeling park is a better team than south oak glen east fairmont Indy parkersburg musselman huntington university Washington? If bearhuggers statistics are meaningless for team strength then which teams with higher win percentages than your team would you say your team is stronger than in an individual tournament?

Don't get me wrong I am not anti wheeling park i am glad that so many wv kids are going to this tournament. So I don't think bear Hugger's statistics were disrespectful to the kids who went. It takes guts to step out there against the nations best with no excuses. It takes a parent who puts the best interest of the child ahead of his or her own ego. Unless they are playing football and have a game that weekend this tournament eliminates the "he's too young" or "he would go but he's busy playing a spring or summer sport". If all 35 of the wv kids went 0-2 but gave a solid effort and learned something in the process I would say good for them and try it again next year. Don't be so serious wp1992 saying something is interesting doesn't make it negative to your team or individual kids

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:
WP1992 wrote:Why isn't that interesting? I believe Oak Glen had 1 wrestler in attendance. These pecentages have no analytical value, nor do they show any trend in terms of team strength. So I am curious what, in your opinion, is "interesting" about these percentages.

I didn't think it was interesting in a confrontational way thought it was interesting who sent wrestlers and which wrestlers won matches. but since your feathers are ruffled and you mentioned oak glen then among other things I found it interesting that one wrestler from oak glen outscored your entire team. I get that not everyone from your team came but who from your team would have racked up enough wins to offset oak glens single wrestlers wins?

are you saying that wheeling park is a better team than south oak glen east fairmont Indy parkersburg musselman huntington university Washington? If bearhuggers statistics are meaningless for team strength then which teams with higher win percentages than your team would you say your team is stronger than in an individual tournament?

Don't get me wrong I am not anti wheeling park i am glad that so many wv kids are going to this tournament. So I don't think bear Hugger's statistics were disrespectful to the kids who went. It takes guts to step out there against the nations best with no excuses. It takes a parent who puts the best interest of the child ahead of his or her own ego. Unless they are playing football and have a game that weekend this tournament eliminates the "he's too young" or "he would go but he's busy playing a spring or summer sport". If all 35 of the wv kids went 0-2 but gave a solid effort and learned something in the process I would say good for them and try it again next year. Don't be so serious wp1992 saying something is interesting doesn't make it negative to your team or individual kids

Again, I simply did the math and reported the findings. On another note, every year at the state tournament, there is one wrestler who scores more points alone in regard to another team that brought 6 to 14 wrestlers.

Return to “High School Wrestling”