Anybody Know A Good Android Scorekeping Software/App?

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
coach_williams

Anybody Know A Good Android Scorekeping Software/App?

Postby coach_williams » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 pm

I know there are a couple of good scoring apps for iOS, but does anybody have any advice on good options for Android devices?

J.W.

Re: Anybody Know A Good Android Scorekeping Software/App?

Postby J.W. » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Pay the 50.00 to trackwrestling for the season stats program and it will keep your scores and more stats than you even desire to track, and pretty easy to use.

Then it works on any system, IOS, Windows or Android. Only downfall is if you lose connectivity, but you can input stats from book after the fact and it records all the same way.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:06 am

Yeah connectivity is a big part of the problem. I want to use my Android tablet, which has no cellular connectivity. I would have to use my phone for a hotspot, which would be OK except 90% of school turn into a deadzone once you enter the gym. What I was hoping for was an Android app like Takedown for iOS where I can just keep score and store the data on my tablet. Looks like I am buying an iPad :roll:

I find it surprising that no one has come up with an app for Android considering Android devices are 87% of the market share compared to iOS.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm

coach_williams wrote:Yeah connectivity is a big part of the problem. I want to use my Android tablet, which has no cellular connectivity. I would have to use my phone for a hotspot, which would be OK except 90% of school turn into a deadzone once you enter the gym. What I was hoping for was an Android app like Takedown for iOS where I can just keep score and store the data on my tablet. Looks like I am buying an iPad :roll:

I find it surprising that no one has come up with an app for Android considering Android devices are 87% of the market share compared to iOS.

Invent that, market it and share the wealth with everyone

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
coach_williams wrote:Yeah connectivity is a big part of the problem. I want to use my Android tablet, which has no cellular connectivity. I would have to use my phone for a hotspot, which would be OK except 90% of school turn into a deadzone once you enter the gym. What I was hoping for was an Android app like Takedown for iOS where I can just keep score and store the data on my tablet. Looks like I am buying an iPad :roll:

Invent that, market it and share the wealth with everyone

Better yet, share the wealth only with Braxton County's wrestling team. They have good participation. I would like to see them enter the WSAZ.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Coach_DeBee_RMU

Postby Coach_DeBee_RMU » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:25 am

I know a few schools are starting to use MatBoss. The school has to pay $549 for it though, but I think it's only a one time purchase. On this app, you can score the match as you video, Upload an unlimited amount of wrestlers and an unlimited amount of video. It's great, very comprehensive, and is a great way to keep score of matches. It's just very very expensive. I'm working on developing an app myself that just does statistics and includes a riding time/blood time/injury time clocks since an app like this doesn't exist.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah I took a serious look at MatBoss until I saw the price. I am also not sure I have enough memory storage on may tablet for an entire days worth of match videos.

Coach_DeBee_RMU

Postby Coach_DeBee_RMU » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:28 pm

coach_williams wrote:Yeah I took a serious look at MatBoss until I saw the price. I am also not sure I have enough memory storage on may tablet for an entire days worth of match videos.

I think MatBoss actually stores it into a cloud memory service online instead, rather than taking up that memory space. I could be wrong though.

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Have you tried LevelChanger.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:29 am

noshowjoe wrote:Have you tried LevelChanger.

Yeah, but it is for iOS only, not Android. That is why I figure I am going to end up buying an iPad, because I like LevelChanger, but it won't work on Android devices.

Return to “High School Wrestling”