Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
drphil
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby drphil » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Howdy all!

When I took the SSAC course last fall I thought I read that middle school wrestlers could not wrestle for club teams during the season. Was speaking to someone the other day that suggested otherwise. Anyone have the word on this? Was going to call the SSAC but figured I’d get a quick answer here.

Phil C

Mwright
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby Mwright » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Wrestling is exempt from that rule....
Look up non school participation in the ssac handbook you will find the rule

mscoach4
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby mscoach4 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 pm

I believe the only stipulation is that the wrestler must have the permission of the school principal.

James
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby James » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:41 am

mscoach4 wrote:I believe the only stipulation is that the wrestler must have the permission of the school principal.

And they can not wrestle an open on any day their team is wrestling elsewhere.

drphil
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby drphil » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you folks! We haven’t had much our first season back and want some of these kids to get mat time. Looking forward to Clay Co next weeeked.

abettnman
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 am

Re: Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby abettnman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:51 am

drphil wrote:Thank you folks! We haven’t had much our first season back and want some of these kids to get mat time. Looking forward to Clay Co next weeeked.


If middle school wrestlers wrestlein an open tournament during the season THEY HAVE TO WRESTLE AS INDEPENDENT...Also has to be either on a Sunday, or when their team does not have a scheduled practice, or a scheduled meet ir tournament.

Mwright
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Middle school wrestlers - open tournaments

Postby Mwright » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 am

abettnman wrote:
drphil wrote:Thank you folks! We haven’t had much our first season back and want some of these kids to get mat time. Looking forward to Clay Co next weeeked.


If middle school wrestlers wrestlein an open tournament during the season THEY HAVE TO WRESTLE AS INDEPENDENT...Also has to be either on a Sunday, or when their team does not have a scheduled practice, or a scheduled meet ir tournament.




The wrestler can miss practice just not a scheduled team match long as the principal gives approval.....


Return to “Middle School Wrestling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest