Jr. LKC roster due Tuesday, and other info

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
brentsams

Jr. LKC roster due Tuesday, and other info

Postby brentsams » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Coaches,
Please forward your Jr. LKC Rosters to me by end of day Tuesday. Please include weight class, first name, last name, and starter/reserve. Record to date and/or last years record/accomplishments is optional, but helpful for seeding.

Seed meeting is 6:30 Thursday evening at Roane County High School. Later in the week, I or Coach Williams will forward info of what door to enter.
We will be wrestling to eight places, medals to top four. Two outstanding wrestlers selected (lower weights 78-116, upper weights 123-285). Traveling trophy to championship team (Clay County, please bring to seed meeting). Exhibition matches for early eliminated wrestlers, so every one should get 3 to 5 matches.
We will be discussing a new format (championship finals by itself on one mat or with 3rd and 5th place consolation on 3 mats as in years past.)

Next year's tournament (Dec. 19th, 2020) is scheduled for Williamstown. We need to discuss where 2021 tournament will be (3rd weekend of December and need to lay out three mats). Hosts to date have been: Jan 2014 Pkbg ELITE Center; Dec. 2014 Ohio Valley University; 2015 Calhoun County; 2016 Doddridge County; 2017 Ritchie County; 2018 Braxton County; and 2019 Roane County.
Ravenswood and Wirt County have attended every tournament and they will have first right of refusal. Tyler Consolidated has attended every tournament but one and they will have third choice. Pleasants County has fourth choice, then Clay County. If you would like to host, please check that your gym is available for Dec. 18th 2021.

Wahama just recently joined the LKC and they will be attending this years LKC and Jr. LKC tournaments.
Rumor has South Harrison returning to the LKC soon.
I have not heard from Calhoun County or Webster County.
I heard that Walton does not have a team this year and that Gilmer County could not find a coach.
If I am in error, please correct me as soon as possible so we can include all eligible schools.

Weigh-ins are scheduled for 8:00 Saturday, 9:30 (roughly) scratch meeting, 10:00 wrestling. Tournament has traditionally taken a little over 6 hours to complete. We should finish up sometime after 4 o'clock.

If I have all rosters by deadline, I should be able to send out entries by weight class so you can do some pre-seeding before the meeting.

Thanks
Brent Sams
304-482-1950 cell
brentsams@yahoo.com

Schedule Options:
Schedule Option A.pdf
Option 1
(63.47 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Schedule Option B.pdf
Option 2
(63.52 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”