MS WSAZ

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
J.W.

MS WSAZ

Postby J.W. » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Out of 120 Place Winners last season, only 29 placers from last year return (If Central York PA and Gallia Academy OH return).

(2) Champions
(4) Runner-Ups
(3) Third Placers
(4) Fourth Placers
(3) Fifth Placers
(3) Sixth Placers
(5) Seventh Placers
(5) Eighth Placers

Only one team has more than two returning placers --- Point Pleasant with 5, Seven others tied with 2. Very 8th grader heavy when it comes to taking home hardware from this event.

That was my useless information for the day!

Work harder

Re: MS WSAZ

Postby Work harder » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:01 am

From my understanding, the wsaz intends to fill each bracket entirely. I've also been told that each wrestler is required to be affiliated with a school program. Yet i've seen the past wrestlers listed as "independent". Is there anyway for private club wrestlers to enter, not school affiliated?(though they're in middle school grades)? I know a few interested, just wondering? Thanks.

uknowme

Re: MS WSAZ

Postby uknowme » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Work harder wrote:From my understanding, the wsaz intends to fill each bracket entirely. I've also been told that each wrestler is required to be affiliated with a school program. Yet i've seen the past wrestlers listed as "independent". Is there anyway for private club wrestlers to enter, not school affiliated?(though they're in middle school grades)? I know a few interested, just wondering? Thanks.

I'm not sure that is possible where the WSAZ's is a WVSSAC sanction event. Pretty sure all wrestlers must be part of a school sponsored wrestling team. I have not seen any wrestlers at the WSAZ listed as independent for as long as I can remember.

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”