Middle Score Wrestling Results ???!?!?!

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
uknowme

Middle Score Wrestling Results ???!?!?!

Postby uknowme » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 am

As I scroll through wvmat, it amazes me the lack of middle schools wrestling results. Sure, go to that page and you will see a lot of results. However, most of them are from the Clash that was held this past weekend. I am talking about earlier tournaments at the beginning of the season, like the Charleston Inv., Falcon Inv. Buckhannon Upshur, Man, etc. I mean people hosted this events right, so where are the results????? A lot of time and effort went into each event, so lets put a little time posting the results. The kids wrestling deserve the credit THEY EARNED. Don't be lazy and run a tournament and then say the heck with the results. As mentioned, I understand that tournaments take A LOT of time and effort. I have been running/helping with tournaments for the last 15 years and not submitting results is pure laziness. Most, if not all programs, have a file, attachment, link, something that can be submitted to Doc through email. THAT EASY!!!!!! If you run a team dual tournament, just post scores instead of complete results. At least we will have something to go by and compare teams with. It drives me crazy that so many tournaments are ran and no results are submitted. And what about duals, tris, and quads????? Those results would be nice as well. I understand that Doc has a life outside of WVMAT, so I am not talking about this weekends or past weeks results. Im talking about tournaments toward the start of the season, and it seems like it is the same ones year after year when you look back through the results. If you think that you are not lazy for not submitting results because you don't have time or it slipped your mind, then don't be LAZY and have someone do it for you!!! The kids wrestling deserve the credit they earned by posting match results.

Panther_coach

Re: Middle Score Wrestling Results ???!?!?!

Postby Panther_coach » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 am

Doc has provided several ways to post these up. We are all tired after an event but for crying out loud - take a few minutes when you have recovered to post them. The coaches poll depends on results as does seeding at later tournaments. No excuse for not keeping records and posting scores. Part of the job description and something the kids deserve. I agree with you 100 percent, uknowme!
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

mscoach23

Postby mscoach23 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Last weekend at Point Pleasant

Point came in first beating Milton 43-40 in a tight dual
West fairmont came in 3rd
Huntington came in 4th

mattman

Postby mattman » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:10 am

I don’t see the big deal in posting scores. I always look when they are posted but I’d presume posting scores to be public isn’t a mandatory rule of the forum. Scores are for parents to scout the opposition and imo isn’t a necessity. Doc has a life but each and every coach does as well. Doc should charge a annual fee of 20$ to view the scores and take the funds from that to pay each tournament or duel meet director to post scores. Then people would complain about the 20$ fee. Wvmat is a FREE site to educate us on our states wrestling progress/history and people still find a way to complain. I’m not surprised

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:38 am

mattman wrote:I don’t see the big deal in posting scores. I always look when they are posted but I’d presume posting scores to be public isn’t a mandatory rule of the forum. Scores are for parents to scout the opposition and imo isn’t a necessity. Doc has a life but each and every coach does as well. Doc should charge a annual fee of 20$ to view the scores and take the funds from that to pay each tournament or duel meet director to post scores. Then people would complain about the 20$ fee. Wvmat is a FREE site to educate us on our states wrestling progress/history and people still find a way to complain. I’m not surprised

How are both of the two highlighted above accomplished without posting scores. :lol: :lol: I have ran wrestling tournaments for several years and parents don't get the results handed to them at the conclusion of the tournament. They come here to get results and check on results from other tournaments. And how are we suppose to educate ourselves on the history of wrestling and the future of wrestling without scores and results. :roll:

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:26 am

I coached for over thirty years and I never had a parent ask for scores. We, as coaches have to try to properly seed tournaments and without results it is a crap shoot at best. Just a win/ loss record is not enough to seed properly. We need to know who the wrestler has been on the mat with and the result. One event, a coach declared his kid was 11-0 and should be seeded first over a kid with one loss. But that 11-0 included 4 forfeits, 1 victory over a JV kid and all the rest were within his home county. The wrestler with one loss was 18-1 with his loss coming to a returning PA state champ. Without scores and opponents ... this would most likely been seeded wrong. It is part of any coach worth their salts job to report scores here and to the local newspapers- part of how we grow the sport. Just .02 from an old guy.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”