OVAC Middle School Tournament?

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach155

OVAC Middle School Tournament?

Postby mscoach155 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:24 pm

I've heard that historically there was a middle school/JR high OVAC wrestling tournament for feeder programs that are in the OVAC. Someone had prior told me this is still held, however, I can't find any information on the ovaec.org website. I am assuming this is no longer being held, or was never held, but any insights would be beneficial.

Thanks!

CoachHughes

Re: OVAC Middle School Tournament?

Postby CoachHughes » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 pm

It is still held. It’s this coming Friday and Saturday at Union Local High School. Participation from some WV OVAC member schools is down this year some due to WSAZ’s being the same weekend but it still should be a very entertaining and challenging tournament.

CoachHughes

Postby CoachHughes » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:37 pm

Also, its information will be available on thewrestlingtourney.com website. Click on the state of Ohio and it will be listed under 2023 meets.

mscoach155

Postby mscoach155 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:33 pm

Thank you! I don't see it listed on the trackwrestling website for Ohio. Do you have any contact information for the tournament organizer? I think we would like to try to get this added to our schedule next year, especially if it doesn't overlap with WSAZ next year.

CoachHughes

Postby CoachHughes » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:12 am

The tournament director I believe is at this email : zpowell@ulschools.com. Zach Powell from Union Local. He’s done all of the correspondence regarding the tournament the last two years. Hope that helps.

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”