Looking to Help

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
steadman9

Looking to Help

Postby steadman9 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:45 pm

If there any teams in the putnam or cabell county districts that could use someone to help out in any way possible, feel free to contact me at 304-951-7722. I am a marshall student and wrestled and graduated from school here in West Virginia Thanks.

ZZChooseTop

Re: Looking to Help

Postby ZZChooseTop » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I don't mean to discourage you because your post sounds like you are exactly the kind of person scholastic wrestling needs. But between the coaches education provided by the wvssac, the background check, and the state and local licensing or application fees, you are going to spend a couple hundred to jump through the hoops of volunteering. Timeline, if you are not already certified when you started this thread then you will be cutting it close to being legal to help by the end of the season. You may have better luck helping with a youth team.

justawrestlingfan

Postby justawrestlingfan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:58 am

I second what ZZChooseTop said. WVSSAC rules require you to have a background check, attend a coaches class (next one is at Ripley), pay the $250 registration fee...this late in the year your best bet is to help with a youth league and as someone who coached youth wrestling for 6 years I can tell you that youth league coaches are needed.

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:22 pm

The sport also needs help in referees, which is good pocket money for a college student.

justawrestlingfan

Postby justawrestlingfan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:23 pm

brentsams wrote:The sport also needs help in referees, which is good pocket money for a college student.

Agreed. Thing is the requirements to be an official may be more stringent than being a coach
http://www.wvssac.org/officials/officia ... -official/

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”