WSAZ finals predictions

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
Wrestler447

WSAZ finals predictions

Postby Wrestler447 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:22 pm

78: Short, GW vs. Phillips, HUR
84: Donahue, Jackson vs. Smith, Point
90: Raike, Point vs. ?
95: Whorton, EF vs. ?
102: Martin-Best, Jackson vs. White, Point
110: Roberts, Edison vs. Ball, HE
116: Martin, Blenny vs Dawson, Indy
123: Deem, Edison vs Cox, WG
128: Quiocho, Edison vs. Isabelle, JA
135: Patterson, WG vs. Medley, Hayes
145: Warden, Indy vs. Abbas, Point
155: Blair, HE vs. Hill, HUR
171: Wilson, Barb vs. ?
190: Amos, Edison vs. ?
HWT: Boyce, Indy vs. Frazier, WF

Gator

Re: WSAZ finals predictions

Postby Gator » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:48 pm

I would like to see Amos bump up to 285 to challenge Boyce and Frazier.
Moderator WV Mat

Campion

Postby Campion » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Gavin Shamblin Sissonville has looked really good at 171.

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Is Phillips from Hurricane dropping down? He has done 84 all year?

magna145

Postby magna145 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:22 pm

White has wrestled 95 most of the season. He's just wrestled 102 a couple of matches recently. Its unlikely he will wrestle 102 at WSAZs.

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Casuccio from EF will make the podium @ 102. Good luck Geno........Make your hometown proud as you always have.

Refuse-to-lose

Postby Refuse-to-lose » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Whorton and Boyers also very strong contenders for the finally.

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:10 pm

Don't be surprised if Perkins at 123 doesn't challenge as well.

pins4life

Postby pins4life » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:26 pm

isnt dawson at 123 ? i watched him wrestle deem and get a 12-4 win at mt state clash

Ricflairchop

Postby Ricflairchop » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Dawson is 116 he wrestled up to help team out.

Sissonvillecoachb

Postby Sissonvillecoachb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Gavin Shamblin pinned Wilson in the second period today at Hayes!!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:34 am

Sissonvillecoachb wrote:Gavin Shamblin pinned Wilson in the second period today at Hayes!!
is he your 171? If so, then he is a stud for sure.

Sissonvillecoachb

Postby Sissonvillecoachb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Sure is and wrestles up at 190 when he has no one to wrestle at 171.. Undefeated there as well!!

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:52 pm

mscoach64 wrote:Don't be surprised if Perkins at 123 doesn't challenge as well.

Where is Perkins from? Did he move down a weight class? I don't see a Perkins listed in the entry list for 123.

sugarbear

Postby sugarbear » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 pm

East Fairmont has a few contenders for the finals that I'll be rooting for. Good luck boys

Boyers
Whorton
And Cassucio

Dax and Dom.... One match at a times boys... And work your way thru that bracket like a runaway freight train! We are proud of you guys!!!!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:06 pm

uknowme wrote:

Where is Perkins from? Did he move down a weight class? I don't see a Perkins listed in the entry list for 123.
well his team didn't enter the WSAZ. But, he is from Clay MS. His overall record is 26-2 (at 123). I see that Kee from Elkview is seeded fairly high....Perkins did lose to him 9-8 earlier in the year. Perkins is definitely wrestling better now though. He won the Jr LKC tourney, etc. I thought the coach had decided to take them this season, but decided not to last week.

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:24 pm

mscoach64 wrote:
uknowme wrote:

well his team didn't enter the WSAZ. But, he is from Clay MS. His overall record is 26-2 (at 123). I see that Kee from Elkview is seeded fairly high....Perkins did lose to him 9-8 earlier in the year. Perkins is definitely wrestling better now though. He won the Jr LKC tourney, etc. I thought the coach had decided to take them this season, but decided not to last week.

Got ya coach. Sounds like he could have possibly made some noise this coming weekend. Too bad they are not going to attend. I know there are several quality wrestlers throughout this state that also don't have the opportunity to be showcased this weekend due to travel restrictions and other things.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Sissonvillecoachb wrote:Sure is and wrestles up at 190 when he has no one to wrestle at 171.. Undefeated there as well!!

Do they allow a wrestler to double enter wsaz like open tournaments? He might win 171 and 190. Future looking bright in sissonville

Gator

Postby Gator » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:45 am

" Sissonvillecoachb wrote:
Sure is and wrestles up at 190 when he has no one to wrestle at 171.. Undefeated there as well!!

I'm certain that if he bumped up to 190 at the Z's he would encounter some stiff competition at the top.
Moderator WV Mat

Campion

Postby Campion » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:20 am

Shamblin was coached early in his development from my limited abilities. He has done this on his own. I think he has pinned every competitor this year. Never leaves anything up to referee scoring!!

pin2win

Postby pin2win » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 am

Just a question
Last edited by pin2win on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:45 pm

* If you are unable to recognize and or understand parody, stop reading here and go back to the countless threads proclaiming 2015-2016 Parkersburg South as being the best wrestling team ever. If you have a sense of humor and understand that I'm not involved in middle school any more and used the seeding sheet as well as a familiarity of the coaches still there to put together a satire of a crazy WSAZ situation, then you might enjoy this. I wanted to come over and watch high school and middle school, now that I can't see both, I don't know if I can make the trip. If I'm not there, this is what I'm imagining happens:

Here is my WSAZ forecast winter wonderland version 2016, I am a little less familiar with the names this year but I don't need to know no facts to make picks. My fellow prognosticator Fearless Frank told me to not bet against the coalfield last year, I took his advice, bet on all locals, and I darn near went broke, so I am going north with some of my picks this year. No disrespect to southern brethren.

78 Short vs Shelek The northern panhandle makes itself known right off the bat by bringing in little Shelek to shellac the bottom half of the bracket. The northern panhandle has coalfields too but I have to pick the Short straw to win this one. Short by maj decision.

84 Donahue vs Haskins. Yes I know Haskins is a 6 seed but he is my sleeper for the super tough bottom half of the bracket. Donahue made it to the finals last year and finishes the deal this year. Donahue is Jackson's first champ of 2016 by decision.

90 Raike vs Freeman. All point pleasant final. Feather in the cap of the point pleasant coach. I like Raike by a late pin. With Raike being the scorer and Freeman being the non-scorer, bet the house on Raike by pin if the team score is close.

95 White vs Irizarry. Another point pleasant phenom, another title for Mason County. Irizarry wins a close one in the semi finals over a very good Wharton. Being comfortable in chairs for both corners in the 90 finals, the point coaches maintain both corners while the Edison coaches are forced to yell instructions from the side. Fed up, the Edison coaches take over the microphone to deliver instructions. Too little, too late, White by decision in overtime. Edison Coaches go outside to cool down, snowball fight ensues.

102 Best vs Morris. Best is the defending champ while Morris leads a strong group of eastern panhandle wrestlers. Morris and the Warm Springs team arrive via sled dogs Iditarod style. This match will be closer than most expect. Best is again the best by decision.

110 Roberts vs Vaughn. Roberts is defending champ, Vaughn is younger brother of 2x champ. Still stinging from the 95 pound fiasco, the Edison coaches come back into the gym. Roberts wins his second title by decision. Barboursville, Edison, and Point coaches have officially moved the snowball fight indoors.

116 Martin vs Moler. All Wood County matchup which severely ticks off the new youth rasslin adults (see any youth forum thread), They demand a full financial accounting and explanation for seeding from Archer. Archer dips into the Barboursville snowball stash and grazes a few new youth heads with an ice ball or two. With their consistent lack of hair covering, Archer's artillery scrapes some new youth rasslin craniums. Who knew the guy still had an arm like that? After the mats dry, Jackson claims another WSAZ champ when Moler wins by dec.

123 Deem vs Shelek. Big Shelek is going to take revenge for little brothers 78 pound loss. With no coaches in the corner for the Edison wrestler (reloading snowballs in the parking lot and feeding the Warm Springs sled dogs a walking taco), Shelek takes control of the match and wins by major decision. Announcer announces that any more snowballs thrown will result in disqualification from the tournament.

128 Quiocho vs Isabell. The real battle is for the announcer when he tries to pronounce the names. Exciting match, many of us were surprised when Quiocho beat Isabell the first time. Another great one that could go either way but I see Quiocho by a decision.

135 Patterson vs Thomason. Patterson has been untouchable and that trend continues. Thomason has a great tournament and battles through the bottom half of a very good bracket. Patterson by defensive pin. The southern coalfield fans go crazy. Robert L. Bland fans protest by building inappropriate but anatomically correct snow sculptures in the parking lot.

145 Warden vs Abbas. Warden keeps the Coalfield Conference fans warm and gets Indy on top of the podium by maj dec. Still wearing his feathered hat that I gave him in the 90 pound match, the Point coach points to the team race and reminds Indy that a new sheriff is coming to A/AA. Indy's Warden over Point's Abbas by major.

155 Covert vs Blair. Winfield's Covert has a great tournament but can't match up with Blair. Like last year Huntington East once again has a finalist at 155, this time they have a champion. Blair by pin. Winfield and East fans applaud and silently sip their flasks. Those folks came prepared.

171 We've been warned that last year's 6th place finisher at 155 is a beast this year. We've been repeatedly reminded about his prowess and the fact that he has annihilated everyone in the state at 171 and 190. As a result of this dominance there is a petition being passed around the gyms requesting that he be permitted to wrestle multiple weight classes. At first Archer says no, but later after being pelted by another anonymous ice ball, he signs off on a double entry. His biggest test comes against Notre Dame's Jason LaAsmar where he wins by tech fall. Everyone else quickly falls to their back to avoid the sure pain that he brings. Shamblin brings home a title to Sissonville by pin over Barboursville's Wilson.

190 Normally I would project Edison's Amos over Huntington East's Clark to win his third straight WSAZ title but now that Archer has allowed Shamblin to run roughshod, I will take Shamblin when he wins a second title in the same day by forfeit/DQ over Amos in the semi's and Clark in the finals when both were <edited to please the politically correct> too tired to wrestle from carbohydrate over load eating donuts in the Coach's Hospitality Room. (Archer has a cannon for an arm and can throw a heckuva party).

285 The same wvmat forum guy who warned us about Shamblin also warned us about Chapman. Most of the Vegas money had a Frazier vs Boyce final. They clearly forgot about DuPont's Chapman. Like C-8 in the water supply, this Duponter is slick. He slides by Frazier in the semi's and then hits Boyce like a bag of pellets fresh from the extruder in the finals. Chapman by pin.

The bad news, the WSAZ high school got canceled and the WSAZ middle school was moved to Huntington High School. The good news, it is a great recruiting weekend for the Highlanders. Suffering graduation and transfer losses the younger Archer had to reload and what better way than to find a way to show the middle school wrestlers the advantages of attending Huntington High School. Who knew that he had friends in high enough places that they could engineer a winter storm severe enough to shut down the tournament and the eastern half of the United States? Unclaimed wooden plaques are used after the tournament for what is later named the 1st Annual WSAZ Bonfire and Snowball Fight In The Parking Lot.

Good luck and safe travels to all. Hate that mother nature did this to us but it was probably the best decision. If a bus would have wrecked on the way to or from most of us would be heartbroken.
Last edited by ZZChooseTop on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

huntington84

Postby huntington84 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Blair is a force to be reckon with. He could win 155 and 171 by fall :D

Coach2345

Postby Coach2345 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:28 pm

What about the Murphy kid from sissonville? I heard he still hasn't been beat and only has had one match out of the first period? But I heard he's missed the last few tournaments?

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 pm

What wt class is Murphy?

Coach2345

Postby Coach2345 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:37 pm

102, he pinned his way through the elkview invitational.

eastontilt

Postby eastontilt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 pm

ZZ, I wouldn't be so sure of Shelek making it to the finals just yet. He will have a very hard time getting past Freeman. JMO

HolyHighCrotch

Postby HolyHighCrotch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Even a harder time if Wheeling is at OVAC instead of WSAZ. Heard Wheeling may not be in attendance. Anyone confirm or deny?

Wrestlingtough

Postby Wrestlingtough » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 pm

One kid made to the 2nd period with Murphy @ the elkview invitational . The runner-up, a 6th grader from Hamilton Middle School. MURPHY is a stud. But, JM Best is the man at 102lb........period.

Coach2345

Postby Coach2345 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:55 pm

In your opinion how would the Murphy kid match up against John best?

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”