Question regarding rescheduled WSAZ

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
uknowme

Question regarding rescheduled WSAZ

Postby uknowme » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 pm

I have a question regarding the rescheduled WSAZ at Huntington High next weekend? I have never been to Huntington High so I am unfamiliar with the gym size and stuff. How many mats are they going to be able to fit in the gym? This is going to be enough space to accomadate everyone? I mean, its crazy crowded around the mat area in Big Sandy, now I know they won't have High School there, but if every middle school that entered comes then you are looking at A LOT of people in that gym. I know it will still be a first class event and run as smooth as possible with the Huntington crew running it. Just wondering if they gym is capable of holding a huge crowd and what are the rounds gonna be like. Are they still planning on running 64, 32, 16 and consolation on Friday?? I know that all of these questions may not have answers yet since this just happened today. Just trying to plan out next weekend. Hmm guess I had more than one question. Sorry :D

Wrestler447

Re: Question regarding rescheduled WSAZ

Postby Wrestler447 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:08 pm

I don't understand how this would work. It is a decent sized gym that can fit maybe four mats is what I would guess. In my opinion, they should have it Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I don't know if there is a rule against a 3 day tournament or not but that is the only way I think it would run smoothly.

uknowme

Postby uknowme » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:24 pm

I figure they can run four mats, didn't know if they have an aux. gym or not?? I seriously doubt that they could run it Thursday - Saturday. That would mean wrestlers and coaches would have to get out early Thursday and miss Friday. Not to mention school is session on Friday at Huntington High. With schools already missing days this week, you don't want to push getting out early or missing next week if you don't have too.

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:26 pm

Not sure what the plans are but they have two good sized gyms. I remember when Coach Darst used to run the fine Tri State Middle School Championships event at Point Pleasant and there were about 35-40 teams there plus JV's. He used slightly smaller mats in two gyms and another room, maybe a cafeteria. Eight to ten mats if I remember right. We got it done. Hope it all works out for them. I no longer have a dog in the fight but those middle school kids have this as their "unofficial state championship" and work towards it all year. I know every year we won it, it was a huge deal to the kids and their parents. If anyone can pull it off, Coaches Archer can.
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

mscoach64

Postby mscoach64 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:01 am

I'm assuming some teams won't come due to already scheduled events. I wonder if teams who wasn't originally in the tournament could now get in it?

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”