WSAZ finals match order

Registratration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhug

WSAZ finals match order

Postby Bearhug » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Since the state tournament is switching it up this year instead of starting at 106 ( and since WSAZ's is basically middle school sates) how bout they switch it up and start at a random weight class this year.

ZZChooseTop

Re: WSAZ finals match order

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 pm

I like your idea but which version of starting at a random weight class do you want?
Saving the best match for last (sounds like wherever Sissonville's Murphy goes to knock off a defending champion 102 or 110), or
putting the most intriguing match first (Point Pleasant practice partners at 90), or
ranking the matches and putting them in ascending or descending order of competition/interest (that is for someone with a lot more knowledge of this year's group than I have), or
picking a random weight class and then following the order of the weights after that weight (ex: 155, 171, 190, ...), or
just randomly selecting matches (145, 190, 90, 78, 285, 155, 102, ...)?

Which matchup / weight will be the best matchup? Which matchup do you think should be first/last?

I say we do it royal rumble style and have Vince McMa.. er I mean Jim LeMasters stand in the locker room and randomly send out wrestlers regardless of the weight class. This adds excitement for the fans and may help decide the pound for pound debate.

Panther_coach

Postby Panther_coach » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Sounds like a plan to take over yet another federation ....
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (22.62 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
After all is said and done, all was said and done!
I have retired but not expired!

Bearhug

Postby Bearhug » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:33 am

I'm not wanting WSAZ's to turn into middle school wrestle mania I just would like to see the finals start at a different weight class. Look nobody wants to watch 78lbers and obviously nobody wants to watch HWT so id like to see them start somewhere in the middle.

Lloyd Christmas

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am

I agree with bearhug that they should change the finals order. Make it random or draw for the starting point. But to say that no one wants to watch 78 or 285 is wrong. Personally, I like 78 because it is always tough. 285 is always exciting but many fans start on their way out before 285 and that's not fair to the 285.

Campion

Postby Campion » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Anyone who has followed youth and middle school wrestling over the last few years can tell you that 78 lb class is loaded. There will be really strong young wrestlers not even make the podium. Whomever makes it to the finals will have accomplished a lot already and the finals will be worth every wrestling fans attention. Enjoy!!

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:57 pm

The 78lb class was the most competitive class. I believe you had over 7 state champs in it and many more that placed regularly. To say nobody wants to watch is a complete incorrect statement.

WilliamsWV

Postby WilliamsWV » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:22 pm

We watched the finals from 78 to 285 and enjoyed every match. For a person makes a statement of "no one wants to watch" a certain weight class blows my mind. Each weight class has its own level of excitement. Lower weights are usually faster paced and more technique. Where the higher weights are more of strength and power. Gotta love the sport I guess. But ultimately you gotta respect the kids in all weights for the work they put into it.

Return to “Middle School Wrestling”