Ref at St Albans high youth championship

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Wrestlewv

Ref at St Albans high youth championship

Postby Wrestlewv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 pm

So what’s being done about the ref that threw out about 10 people Sunday?? I was at the league each week and there were not any issues until this guy showed up at the championship tournament. I can say for sure he threw out a couple people who were innocent bystanders of an altercation between a couple people. He also ejected other coaches that didn’t seem to be warranted by any means. Someone had too much ego and power tripping I guess. I hope he isn’t back next year or at any other tournaments we go to this year.

Matmanwv

Re: Ref at St Albans high youth championship

Postby Matmanwv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 pm

I hope something is done he was out of control. I was right there when he made one person leave and they didn’t do anything wrong.

abettnman

Postby abettnman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Matmanwv wrote:I hope something is done he was out of control. I was right there when he made one person leave and they didn’t do anything wrong.

Love to know who the ref was ? From the way you are describing I have a good guess. Lol

Matmanwv

Postby Matmanwv » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:35 am

I’m not for sure...<snip> He upset a lot of people especially the kids. Kinda ruined the day for some of them on what was their big day to end the league season. I think <snip> whoever is in charge of the ref should take action.

tmsbrown

Postby tmsbrown » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 am

This is not the proper way to handle this issue - naming names of refs through the protection of a screen name and being anonymous offers no real fix other than stirring drama. The proper way to handle this would be to have a conversation with your coach, who in turn needs to talk with the decision makers within the league concerning which referee board/or specific referees that they will hire in the future and how it will be handled. Nothing to do now other than fix it for the future. We need referees in our sport - plain and simple. Bashing them on a forum board will only make it more difficult to get new recruits for the future.

Tim Brown

wvherd1

Postby wvherd1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 am

I am VP of the league. That referee will not do any more youth league matches. Although some of the ejections were unwarranted. Some were. I went to another youth league match in Huntington today. Totally different environment. No parents on the mats was delightful.

Wrestlewv

Postby Wrestlewv » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Glad to see action taken. That kind of behavior can be very negative to our sport.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”