Jr States Team Scores

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
brentsams

Jr States Team Scores

Postby brentsams » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Team Scores
team scoress.png
team scoress.png (71.39 KiB) Viewed 2236 times

Sorry for the delay. I had a computer crash last night and then I crashed. I think I have everything restored. I will have full results later tonight. - Brent

NightTrain

Re: Jr States Team Scores

Postby NightTrain » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm

I can see more participation across the state with this new award system. Remarkable job from those who organized this

brentsams

Re: Jr States Team Scores

Postby brentsams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 am

NightTrain wrote:I can see more participation across the state with this new award system. Remarkable job from those who organized this

Thanks. Buddy Roberts wanted to bring it back, so give him the credit. I thought we was going to do it next year but he pushed forward for this year. I was hesitant because teams seem to consolidate towards the end of the season or quality wrestlers are switching teams at the end of the year, so the the points are distorted for the heart and soul of the teams. With the late notice on the team awards, I was not aware of any teams abusing their rosters.
We also decided to score like track and swimming. Every team member can score points for his team, not just starters, nor create B and C teams. We hope this will encourage more wrestlers to participate and encourage coaches to recruit more wrestlers. So if a wrestler showed up and won a match, he scored points just like the starter. As one director once said, the more the better.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”