Clarksburg Tourney Start Time

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
J rollins

Clarksburg Tourney Start Time

Postby J rollins » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Do not come to this tourney next year. It is 11:45 and still has not started!! If you are not prepared for 400 plus kids then do not cap it at 600!!

Rustydonovan

Re: Clarksburg Tourney Start Time

Postby Rustydonovan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:09 pm

And to think they wanted to take away iron eagles and superior tourney for base weight qualifier.. that would be that more many kids on top of this.... it’s 2:10 pm and my son has a 16 man bracket and has been there sinse 7am and has not wrestled the first match out of his bracket!! This place is a joke!! Eastern panhandle wrestling and organization is where it’s at!! Never again!! Will do iron eagles next year!!

Rustydonovan

Postby Rustydonovan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:25 am

Was a joke no other explanation needed , son sat from 7:30 am till 3:00 pm before first match!! Several teams walked out and didn’t stay!! But yet wanted one of the biggest regions to come there for a qualifier?? Yea rite!!

3periods

Postby 3periods » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:17 pm

As a long time Wrestling Coach and not just a fan I have experienced thousands of tournaments from youth, high school, college and on all stages to include nationals and what I observed was a organization forced to use a program that is not user friendly. The program was not working from the he start. The reason wrestling started late. Not to mention the 100 or so Wrestlers that had to be moved in the scratch meeting for not making weight not the hosting teams control that's the coaches and parents fault. Since it was a regional qualifier TracWrestling had to be used. Wrestling starts and they are a hour in when program crashes nationwide. Not there fault. What I observed was a team that took a deep breath and moved forward I believe it was Coach Ware who has been around the sport for years that went table to table called the the Wrestlers to the mats had wrote brackets and had wrestling going in a hour. I am assuming he jumped in to help since he's from Grafton. Wrestling was at a stand still for hours across the nation but Clarksburg carried on and continued to move forward. The high state wrestling tournament 2 years ago was at a stand still for hours. In the great sport of wrestling like any sport things happen and as your youth grows I promise this will not be the last time you are waiting for wrestling to start. I observed upset parents not kids they were having fun and that's what it is about. Great Job Clarksburg Wrestling coaches parents and all that helped

wrestlersmomx3

Postby wrestlersmomx3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 pm

If you don't want to come to this tournament next year, that is your choice. I think the ones who put this tournament on deserve a whole lot of praise for being able to take the cards they were dealt and still put on one heck of tournament with great talent from this state and surrounding states. I'm sure no one expected trackwrestling's server to completely crash on a saturday during wrestling season, these folks jumped right in and got things moving the best they could even while being cussed out by coaches and parents (real classy there folks). Table workers being yelled by coaches and parents too. Everyone associated in this stuck it out for the one reason we were all there and that was for the kids. For those who left, you missed out on some great wrestling. Maybe next time this happens somewhere, and it will, instead of cussing people out and demanding your money back, you will jump in and help and show your kids what a wrestling family is supposed to do.

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

The tournament moved forward because there was 12-15k on the line. Track has been around for years. If you host a tournament using track I suggest you get familiar with the software or have someone who knows run it for you. Before the system crashed the start time was 11:45!!! There is no excuse for that! As far as jumping in and helping I did just that by showing up and paying my money. If kids do not make weight at a BASE WEIGHT QUALIFIER then I would send them home instead of holding up the entire tournament for 2 hours.

J rollins

Postby J rollins » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Results?

Return to “Youth Wrestling”