Wvywa requiring coaches card

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Matmanwv

Wvywa requiring coaches card

Postby Matmanwv » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:12 pm

So leave it to the WVYWA to make changes mid season to require coaches cards. This is something that should be implemented before the start of a season to allow ample time for coaches to get these. I know the wvssac card takes time and has to be scheduled for when they are offering classes. I haven’t checked into the USA wrestling card to see how long that takes. I personally already have my wvssac certification and my team does back ground checks already. Just seems like the organization would take into consideration the amount of coaches who will need to get these done and got the word out before season. Many coaches who have been coaching for years and will have no problem passing the background checks could be stopped from coaching their kids due to time restraints this year. Kids are the ones who will suffer.

Matmanwv

Re: Wvywa requiring coaches card

Postby Matmanwv » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:16 pm

And by the way I found this on Facebook not even something official. They always try to slip changes in to their rules.

WIfan

Postby WIfan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:24 am

Any updates for this from members/administrators of the WVYWA? Is this a legitimate new rule/requirement? If so, when was it approved? What’s the next steps?

rora2000

Postby rora2000 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 pm

USA wrestling took like 2 weeks to take classes and get background check.

kvnfarley

Postby kvnfarley » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:44 am

I think this law was past for levels of competition that are traveling without parents and across state lines and country boarders like Pan Am games and such I don’t think it was intended for the local Pop Warner league or neighborhood leagues. There definitely has been a rush into this without any details or planning. The background check that is being used by USA Wrestling is ineffective because it does not use fingerprints at least the WVSSAC uses physical fingerprints and drug testing.

vaportrails14

Postby vaportrails14 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:21 pm

For those that only coach their child i e-mailed wvywa i fit in that part i only coach my child and no other with this being his last year in youth after this year im done coaching wrestling.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”