DIRTY

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Havefun!

DIRTY

Postby Havefun! » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:35 am

I'm not one to normally get on here and post negative comments but, here I am. Wrestling to us is trying to out score or pin your opponent, and it is not about diliberently trying to hurt anyone. Also, I believe that the way a kid acts and wrestles is a 100% reflection on the parent, in this case the parent was the head coach. So you have a dirty parent/coach teaching and coaching his own kid/wrestler to be dirty. My son goes out there and tries his hardest to win,every match,because he works hard every week at practice and he loves the sport. So...congrats on the win. It was not earned in a respectful way, but my son shook both your hands in a respectful way. This is a reflection on how and what he is being taught, for which I am proud.

Wrestlingprodigy40

Re: DIRTY

Postby Wrestlingprodigy40 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:58 am

I am a little lost? Where was this at? And what happened?

justawrestlingfan

Postby justawrestlingfan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:48 am

I consider it to be more of a reflection of the coach. Even if a parent teaches their kid to be dirty the coach has the ability and opportunity to correct it. In your case the parent is the coach, so it won't be corrected until that kid gets older and by then it may be uncorrectable. Look at the bright side, at some point that dirty wrestler will run up against someone who will destroy him with quality technique because his coach/dad focused on dirty wrestling and not technique and he will learn a hard lesson that dirty moves are not effective wrestling.

Havefun!

Postby Havefun! » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Thank you! Very well put. End of story.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”