Regional seeding

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
matcoach90

Regional seeding

Postby matcoach90 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Well, it's Friday night, day and a half from our regional. I see that accumulated points aren't correct as of tonight and some qualifying and member tournaments have not turned in their results or they aren't posted. It will be interesting to see Sunday where some of my wrestlers are seeded. I know, I know... just show up and wrestle, if you are good enough, it doesn't matter. However, it's not fair to the kids who have busted their butts to get a number one seed and deserve it if this process isn't being done right. And no, I'm not one of the new association haters either. I just want to see this done right, and right now it doesn't appear to be that way.

coach_williams

Re: Regional seeding

Postby coach_williams » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:13 pm

I was interested in seeding to so I talked to Travis today and he said the regional tournaments were not required to submit their seeds, just the results, so it is up to the regional folks to post seedings.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:44 am

coach_williams wrote:I was interested in seeding to so I talked to Travis today and he said the regional tournaments were not required to submit their seeds, just the results, so it is up to the regional folks to post seedings.

I'm not so concerned if the seeds are posted or not... Just that the criteria they were going to use to make the seeds for regionals doesn't appear to be complete, or at least recorded. Seeing that all the tournament results haven't even been posted and wrestler's accumulated points aren't correct.

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:05 pm

From what I have seen, regional seeding is almost irrelevant, as 99 percent of the weights classes are round robin or beat 2 out of 3. I am huge believer in the qualifier system and as the organization grows points may become a factor. However, at this time it isn't worth arguing over.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Yeah, doesn't look like it's going to matter... Very few weight classes with more than four kids. Just got a call from another coach who got a look at the entries today. And no one was arguing. Just making observations.

winnellbuddy@aol.com

Postby winnellbuddy@aol.com » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:50 pm

First of I would like to say what a shame that 1 person can change something that has happened for the youth of WV, I used to have the utmost respect for this person and his (money) team and the coaches. I don't understand why someone would want this much power!!! To try and prove a point just maybe they will become politicians!!! and lie about what they can promise you!!! If you want an apology from me guess what it's not going to happen! I have been part of the WV JR STATES for at least 15 years and I have worked my butt off along with other coaches and teams in the WOOD COUNTY REC and I must say I am proud to be part of!!!
SHAME ON YOU!!!
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

baxter841

Postby baxter841 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:41 pm

Is it a little odd that none of the results or seeding for any of the new regionals have been posted? Is it a secret? The results of WV Jr States are up almost as soon as they finish.
Just not sure why we havent seen the region 6 results or any seeding info.

Jsprad

Postby Jsprad » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Because you don't post results from one region. Until all regions are done. Just like they do in high school.

allheart

Postby allheart » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:25 pm

But in high school wrestling all regionals occur on the same weekend. Is that fair to say?

Jsprad

Postby Jsprad » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:31 pm

They are on the same weekend except region 6. Which was done early as a courtesy to the folks of the region so they would be able to participate in both. And able to help with the running of wood county tournament.

Campion

Postby Campion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:26 am

Based on the quality of the website and the inability to get results even from the qualifiers during the season, I would not expect results from the regionals anytime soon. I hate to be negative, but I have had to set my expectations low with this new organization. The one positive, though, is that first year of a new organization is always the toughest. Next year should be much better!

Return to “Youth Wrestling”