Along Time Coming

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jsprad

Along Time Coming

Postby Jsprad » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Just wanted to take a minute to give a huge thank you Vint Eden, Travis Philips, Cabell Midlands head coach and all the unnamed others from the WVYWA that help to make today possible. It was a good day of wrestling. And thanks to all people making it possible in the other regions this weekend for working for the forward progress of WV youth wrestling. Truly looking forward to the state tournament.

justwrestle

Re: Along Time Coming

Postby justwrestle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:29 pm

I Agree. I can't believe how well ran the regionals have been run thus far. Great job guys.

wrestle3

Postby wrestle3 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:11 am

I agree also. Well ran and thank you to everyone who made it a success.

Ovrenegades

Postby Ovrenegades » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Wanted to take a moment and THANK all the people who helped make Region 1 very successful!! Thanks to all who made WVYWA great this weekend!

Wrestlingfan2016

Postby Wrestlingfan2016 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:00 pm

I'm not from Parkersburg. This new group shouldn't run from the competition. I think jealousy got the best of you people. The regional results look like a joke to me. When your kids get to high school the results will show what a mistake you've made. You can't get better if you don't wrestle the best.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Based on what?

Cauliflower Ear

Postby Cauliflower Ear » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Who is running from competition? Who is jealous?
Keep in mind that not everyone participating is involved in meeting some agenda. From what I have seen, Region 6 was given the option to participate in both. They either went or they didn't. A lot of us outside of Region 6 would have loved to have the opportunity to participate in both. It wasn't an option. Most picked the tournament to attend based on where they thought the best competition for their wrestler would be. It is what it is at this point. Stop bashing one tournament or the other. All anyone can do is support the tournament chosen and hope that next year, a truce of some sort can be made.

But especially don't get on here and bash children who have worked hard all year and say they aren't the best. Remember that the majority was forced to make a choice.
Do both tournaments have flaws? Probably. Should all parties work to come to some sort of compromise ? Of course. Did holding two tournaments split up the competition? Yep. Can the majority of us do anything about it ? No.

So smile, cheer your kid on, and be hesitant to call someone's kid less than the best within earshot.

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:30 pm

There are good wrestlers all over this state. Wrestling is changing quickly around this state for the better. There were some very good wrestlers at the Jr States by looking at the brackets. This new league is getting everyone going to open tourneys all over the state every weekend and creating a more competitive group of wrestlers we have never seen before. I've met so many new people this year and learned about their programs and ideas on making wv youth wrestling better. In the last couple years I stayed in the charleston/ Huntington area, this year we traveled the state. Wrestling takes place everywhere in WV not just in Parkersburg. We are headed in the right direction and I'm glad a change was made

gnat

Postby gnat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Kind of strange to me one of the big people involved was able to wrestle in jr state tournament today and didn't have their regional tournament today.

CoachM

Postby CoachM » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Wrestlingfan2016 wrote:I'm not from Parkersburg. This new group shouldn't run from the competition. I think jealousy got the best of you people. The regional results look like a joke to me. When your kids get to high school the results will show what a mistake you've made. You can't get better if you don't wrestle the best.

Fact 1: Those who run WV Jr states were asked, invited and encouraged to be a part of WVYWA from the start. The declined.
Fact 2: For many years those who run Jr States have been asked to use a qualifier of some type to limit the field and make the matches more exciting.
Fact 3: For many years those who run Jr States have been asked to modify their weight classes to make them more aligned with those across the country.
Fact 4(and probably most important): Top 6 placer. Last year 92% of the placing wrestlers did not come from the Wood County Rec League.

Just the facts.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:50 am

Wrestlingfan2016 wrote:I'm not from Parkersburg. This new group shouldn't run from the competition. I think jealousy got the best of you people. The regional results look like a joke to me. When your kids get to high school the results will show what a mistake you've made. You can't get better if you don't wrestle the best.

A) Bashing the regional results in the first year of the organization is a bit weak.
B) Are you suggesting "the best" was at Jr States? From what I can tell this was a down year for wrestling, period.

wvnorth

Postby wvnorth » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:17 am

gnat wrote:Kind of strange to me one of the big people involved was able to wrestle in jr state tournament today and didn't have their regional tournament today.

I'm glad them boys get to do both. Burns me to no end it wasn't available to all.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:07 am

Why?

wvnorth

Postby wvnorth » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:56 pm

RWWS wrote:Why?

Uh, because it wasn't available to all. Just like I wrote.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:13 pm

Should have been zero regions allowed

wvnorth

Postby wvnorth » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:26 pm

RWWS wrote:Should have been zero regions allowed

Not sure what you mean.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:29 pm

I feel that none of the WVYWA regions should have been able to go to both

James

Postby James » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:22 pm

I took my son to Parkersburg for reasons that has no importance now but, if I would have known there would have been only a few in his bracket at his region could he have entered region, made weigh, then forfeited his matches and still took a 4th seed?

gnat

Postby gnat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:46 pm

And this was one of your leaders that was able to do both. I guess he knew what was Best for his wrestler.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Great play on words there. They should have had the regionals on the same day and not sent any kids to Jr States but he may have thought that sending some kids would have been Best. Maybe he shouldn't next year.

James

Postby James » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 pm

gnat wrote:And this was one of your leaders that was able to do both. I guess he knew what was Best for his wrestler.

If you are speaking to me, I am not from region 6 or a leader of the region I am in. I just want my son to be able to wrestle in both as some are.

gnat

Postby gnat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Not speaking of you james. Speaking of those which arranged things they could wrestle in both. Just like the government the leaders always seem to have things go their way.

NJA

Postby NJA » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Mr. Best had nothing to do with when region 6 held the regional that is up to the regional chair. I would suggest if you are in region 6 you contact the regional chair. He is Jason Andrick and his phone number is 304-532-9172.

Cauliflower Ear

Postby Cauliflower Ear » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:48 pm

From what I have been told, Region 6 held their Regional on a different day so that the area could support their local tournament. Seems like a nice gesture on WVYWA's part to gain participation and to allow local teams to keep tradition.

I can understand why that decision was made for that region only . I don't have to like it, but I get it . I wish my son could have wrestled in both, because we hate to miss out on a competitive tournament.

No new program is going to be at its best the first year running. It takes time to work out the bugs.

By now everyone has picked their tournament to support.
Quit beating a dead horse . There was a group that wanted change. If you didn't agree with them, you went to Parkersburg as you always have. Move on.

James

Postby James » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:27 am

Thats a bit much, dont you think? The problem here is not with Andrick or region 6. It is with all the other regions not allowing there wrestlers to do both. Ask any of your wrestlers if they would have done both. Bet they say yes. Further more what little time I have been around Jason he seems to be a pretty good fellow. This is not a place for personal bashing.

WrestlingMom2009

Postby WrestlingMom2009 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:27 am

Of course you would post something like that on a forum behind a login name. Jason Andrick is a very respected coach/wrestling dad... His son unlike many of the kids in WV is doing big things outside of WV. If anyone would know about bringing WV youth wrestling standards up it would be him. Shame on you for being so disrespectful. He has probably the hardest region to deal with... So continue being a keyboard warrior while you are probably doing nothing to help wv youth wrestling. Jason andrick, The Humphreys know you are doing the best you can for region 6 and WVYWA :) :)

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:52 am

Wrestlingdad98 of your 5 previous posts you have called a guy an idiot, criticized Jr States for not doing tournament in one day, stated something about WVYWA for possible low numbers, said ok thanks to someone who did something for you and asked when brackets will be posted for I am assuming Jr States. It looks to me like you are either criticizing or asking for a favor. How about you get in line and contribute to whichever tournament you support. You are either part of the problem or the solution and you are not either. You sit back and criticize others for what you won't do.

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:22 am

Rwws, just a ? Why do we have to get in a line? This is still America, right? unfortunately for those that demand we get in line. What I don't understand, probably never will. What the problem was with the existing Jr state tournament? Is it because of the awards, refs, hospitality room? So far I have read a lot of whining about seating, and weights not aligned with this or that county.
I don't have a kid in the mix now. That being said, I have a different perspective. When my son participated, he wrestled at both state tournaments during that time it was Parkersburg and one in Fairmont/Clarksburg area. Same discussion on mat forum then as now, who is the true champ... Jr States then was the "best" competition, now who knows.

Yes WV needs an official youth Wrestling program. What we need is for parents to get over themselves, accept they can't run everything, accept they are not above the rules, accept the results of the match, don't create another tournament just so you can be on podium. We need to drive the politically correct group straight out of the state, they are trying to destroy 50+ years of tradition. If they would invest as much energy to correcting the 50 year old tournament as they waste on the forum bashing it, if the parents would grow up and work together we all would benefit.

Leave the youth tournament in wood county, traditional things are becoming extinct, please don't add this to list.
Rodney James
HS Wrestling Fan GO SOUTH!!

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:13 am

Rodney I don't believe I told you to do anything. Secondly if you read my post I thought I was pretty clear on what I was saying. The individual was critical of something or asking for something. So if my "get in line" comment was over the top to you my apologies. I want to see WV get better and a change was necessary. For us to progress it needs to be fixed from the bottom up. Sometimes changes are necessary for that progression to occur.

The tournament was great this year and hopefully will continue to get better. I hope that the kids that wrestled at the tournament of there choice enjoyed themselves and got out of it what they were looking for.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”