wvywa seeds

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Goldenponyboy

Re: wvywa seeds

Postby Goldenponyboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:13 pm

It's called WVYWA. What they plan on doing for the states this year is going to be very nice. I don't want to spoil it, but most likely you won't see it because it seems that you went the other direction. Which is fine for you. History in the making and the kids will love it!

Campion

Postby Campion » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:47 pm

If we would have just showed up at the region, we would have been in. Hell, nobody else showed up at the weight he "supposedly qualified for". How is that "earning" the entry into states that some criticized the Jr States? I have tried to find things positive with this gang, ponyboy, but have not been successful. And believe me, we won't miss a thing with WVYWA!! We will train and wrestle at other venues throughout the country. We don't look for singlets, belts or large trophies... Lol

WVYWA=Disappointed

Postby WVYWA=Disappointed » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Seeds are a joke. You seeded wrestlers that finished 3rd and 4th in their regional tournament over kids that CLEARLY deserved it more. Plus I thought this tournament was wrestling for a true second is that not happening now either?

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Only the 6 regional champions were seeded, per WVYWA bylaws. I believe all others were entered into the bracket using the "pill" method, making every effort to have wrestlers from the same region not wrestle each other in the first two rounds. Also, I believe according to the by laws it says that at regionals true second is encouraged, as needed. It does not say that the state tournament will be true second. Most of the problems people have could be easily resolved if they would read more and complain less.

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Don't be mad campion. It's ok. We understand you can be bitter. Look at the brackets you can see that the brackets are almost twice the size in many of the weight classes. We also do not "hunt" for singlets,trophies, and or belts. Which we have won many. We have too also travelled, not sure why that matters, but to be a youth champion maybe to you it isn't a big deal but to the kids it is. What will be the excuse when asked by your child. Well my parents are upset so I can't wrestle at my state tournament. Instead I went to a county championship, but hey I travel. Have a good one sir/ma'am

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:42 pm

WVYWA=Disappointed wrote:Seeds are a joke. You seeded wrestlers that finished 3rd and 4th in their regional tournament over kids that CLEARLY deserved it more. Plus I thought this tournament was wrestling for a true second is that not happening now either?

Region winners got seeded. Pill form is after that. Just because someone is seeded doesn't give you a spot on that podium. If they deserve it more it will show when they wrestle. To much crap on seeds. Good luck!!

brad32bury

Postby brad32bury » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:44 am

I love the concept and while I understood we needed to make a decision of which to participate in, it could have been setup to allow for both. I noticed one wrestler in my kid's bracket from Jr States that's qualified for Youth States. I know the logistics of getting the regions to be held on the same weekend can be a nightmare but a region qualifier was held a week before Jr States, correct? Allowing those kids to do both. If I knew there was a chance at both I would have figured out how to change my plans.

Ironeagles

Postby Ironeagles » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:37 am

Everyone that is supporting the new WVYWA don't take the bait on these forums. It's not worth your time. In one year we almost doubled the entries compared to Parkersburg. Not bad. 90 percent of the top kids will be there you have a great venue compared to Parkersburg you get a singlet if you make the finals and an awesome statue if you win it.

Jchap8750

Postby Jchap8750 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:20 am

Very well said :D !! Can't wait for this weekend! Plenty of
Mats all in the same room, plenty of room, all kinds of
Seating, and all kinds of great matches!!

southpaw

Postby southpaw » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 am

Goldenponyboy wrote:Don't be mad campion. It's ok. We understand you can be bitter. Look at the brackets you can see that the brackets are almost twice the size in many of the weight classes. We also do not "hunt" for singlets,trophies, and or belts. Which we have won many. We have too also travelled, not sure why that matters, but to be a youth champion maybe to you it isn't a big deal but to the kids it is. What will be the excuse when asked by your child. Well my parents are upset so I can't wrestle at my state tournament. Instead I went to a county championship, but hey I travel. Have a good one sir/ma'am

The brackets are currently inflated this doesn't represent what will show up. This is currently almost every kid that wresled in a qualifier....although I hope thry all show up. It's great to get the kids matches.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:45 am

Ironeagles wrote:Everyone that is supporting the new WVYWA don't take the bait on these forums. It's not worth your time. In one year we almost doubled the entries compared to Parkersburg. Not bad. 90 percent of the top kids will be there you have a great venue compared to Parkersburg you get a singlet if you make the finals and an awesome statue if you win it.

I am with you. Responding to the same ignorant comments over and over is getting old. The way these people are acting makes me super happy that I chose WVYWA rather than their tournament.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:22 am

Gonna be more chatter than a little league baseball game in here this week.

Goldenponyboy

Postby Goldenponyboy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:24 am

southpaw wrote:
Goldenponyboy wrote:Don't be mad campion. It's ok. We understand you can be bitter. Look at the brackets you can see that the brackets are almost twice the size in many of the weight classes. We also do not "hunt" for singlets,trophies, and or belts. Which we have won many. We have too also travelled, not sure why that matters, but to be a youth champion maybe to you it isn't a big deal but to the kids it is. What will be the excuse when asked by your child. Well my parents are upset so I can't wrestle at my state tournament. Instead I went to a county championship, but hey I travel. Have a good one sir/ma'am

The brackets are currently inflated this doesn't represent what will show up. This is currently almost every kid that wresled in a qualifier....although I hope thry all show up. It's great to get the kids matches.

Which possibly could be true bc people do not show, but they all paid so they will be losing money. I know stuff comes up injury sickness etc. but I will bet it's very minimal. Good luck this weekend if you go.

Ovrenegades

Postby Ovrenegades » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:39 pm

[quote="WP1992"]Only the 6 regional champions were seeded, per WVYWA bylaws. I believe all others were entered into the bracket using the "pill" method, making every effort to have wrestlers from the same region not wrestle each other in the first two rounds.

if that is the case, then why in the 8U HWT, 4 region 1 kids are going to see each other all before the round 3? they have two region 1 kids battling it out right off the bat and then winner has to see another region 1 kid. only one region one kid is separated from the others?

WP1992

Postby WP1992 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:48 pm

I would assume if you so desired, you could petitions the WVYWA board of directors to consider a change to the bracket. I believe the verbiage says that they will "make an effort" rather than a guarantee. However, I can see your point.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Ovrenegades wrote:
WP1992 wrote:Only the 6 regional champions were seeded, per WVYWA bylaws. I believe all others were entered into the bracket using the "pill" method, making every effort to have wrestlers from the same region not wrestle each other in the first two rounds.

if that is the case, then why in the 8U HWT, 4 region 1 kids are going to see each other all before the round 3? they have two region 1 kids battling it out right off the bat and then winner has to see another region 1 kid. only one region one kid is separated from the others?

I seperated the region 1 kids to assist as there should not have been three together. But when you have alternates in, some go in to other region spots.

RWWS

Postby RWWS » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:36 pm

JW is that bracket changing? If so could you post it.

justwrestle

Postby justwrestle » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Excited about the change, but I thought if regional champions hadn't went head to head common opponents were factored in. Is that not the case? Not complaining I expect mine to go throw the bracket to the top but mine beat 2common opponents and took a 3 seed.

J.W.

Postby J.W. » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:08 am

RWWS wrote:JW is that bracket changing? If so could you post it.

RWWS, I will repost all on Wednesday for a midweek update. I owe what changes were made to that bracket when I get home from the paying job tonight. Will get to you tonight.

ontop

Postby ontop » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:17 am

WVYWA is doing a great job on putting this tournament together there might have been some seeds that were flip-flopped around for the most part they did an awesome job I can't wait to see how it goes this weekend!!!!

Ovrenegades

Postby Ovrenegades » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:04 am

J.W. wrote:
RWWS wrote:JW is that bracket changing? If so could you post it.

RWWS, I will repost all on Wednesday for a midweek update. I owe what changes were made to that bracket when I get home from the paying job tonight. Will get to you tonight.

J.w. sent you an email.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”