WVYWA - Wood County Rec League Wrestling

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
WVYWA

WVYWA - Wood County Rec League Wrestling

Postby WVYWA » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:12 am

On behalf of the WVYWA, I would like to thank the Wood County Rec League Wrestling organization for opening a line of communication between our two organizations. With all of the changes happening in the state as pertaining to youth wrestling, there has been some contention between the two organizations. I am happy to say that we are working together to better the competition level and trying to foster a more cooperative atmosphere for the betterment of youth wrestling throughout the state of WV. We met Saturday 8/27/2016 to discuss some possibilities as to how to move past our philosophical differences and usher in a new and exciting era of wrestling in the state. The meeting was very successful and we feel we can move forward from here.

Thank you to Buddy Roberts and the leaders of Wood County Rec League Wrestling for your hospitality in meeting with us. I look forward to working with you in the future.

Sincerely,
Mike Carman
President WVYWA

Wood_co_wrestling

Re: WVYWA - Wood County Rec League Wrestling

Postby Wood_co_wrestling » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:38 am

Thank you Mike! I would also like to thank the WVYWA for the opportunity to meet and discuss cooperating for the better of the sport. I think as we have discussed that working together we can maximize the competition and growth of wrestling in West Virginia. I believe both organizations have a very solid board that wants what is best for the sport and those wrestlers competing.

Wood Co Rec and the WVYWA are currently working on a compromise that would allow both tournaments to be successful, working together to ensure the best kids in the state have multiple opportunities to meet through out the year and support both organizations.

Through our meetings with Mike and the WVYWA I have learned that the compromises for both leagues wasn't about greed, power or winning. But doing what we can to better and grow the sport across the State.

Moving forward I am very excited to see both organizations work together and grow. The future for WV wrestling is very bright. We ask that everyone refrain from any "negative" comments. Please be patient, positive and supportive of our choices to burry the the hatchet and move forward with us. GOODLUCK to all of our area wrestlers preparing for the upcoming season. Stay tuned for some exciting announcements.
Buddy Roberts
President-Wood County Jr Wrestling

Jchap8750

Re: WVYWA - Wood County Rec League Wrestling

Postby Jchap8750 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Thats great news to hear!

Return to “Youth Wrestling”