Jr states.

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Hwtmom

Jr states.

Postby Hwtmom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:21 am

Looking at the results from jr states. It makes me like the WVYWA even more. Not saying that jr dates is not a good tournament. Because it is. What I don't like about is that I see kids outside wv can come in and take a state championship away from a wv kid. I saw it today in the results. I love how wvywa verifies that all kids are wv kids competing and that's how it should be. Only wv kids. Congratulations to he WV kids who took a championship.

Wrestleforthewin1

Re: Jr states.

Postby Wrestleforthewin1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Who are Ohio kids that wrestled

Beast

Postby Beast » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 pm

If you knew they were OH kids, then why didn't you say something? I assume they could have been removed from the tourney if it was true.

Mrschristyfowler1

Postby Mrschristyfowler1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Any idea when we can expect the pictures we purchased

keepitinthecircle

Postby keepitinthecircle » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Beast wrote:If you knew they were OH kids, then why didn't you say something? I assume they could have been removed from the tourney if it was true.

Would not have done any good. Few years ago high school roster was shown at scratch meeting with kid in bracket that was on roster. Little bit of discussion then head in charge spoke up and said kid is in tournament end of discussion. Another reason for declining numbers at Jr States.

letsgetonechampion

Postby letsgetonechampion » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:13 pm

Keepitinthecircle
Its sad that the numbers at "Jr States" are declining but Its still a well ran money making tourney for Youth wrestling in wood county. As far as a "state champion"!? Some Daddys are still stuck in the past of how things used to be. The tournament does not pull in the major competition from around the state but still pulls a few stragglers. This "state tournament" will always continue bc Wood county is big enough that it will always have enough kids to support itself as awood county championship, which is what it will eventually turn in to.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”