WV Boys at the D2 Championships

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
EASwrestling

WV Boys at the D2 Championships

Postby EASwrestling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Just took a quick look at the D2 Wrestling Championship brackets. Looks like three WV boys are #2 seeds in their weight classes. Logan Grass - Mercyhurst - Huntington - 149lbs. Dalton George - Ohio Valley - Williamstown - 174lbs. Terrance Fanning - Wheeling Jesuit - John Marshall - 285lbs. If I missed anyone from WV that qualified, let us know. P.S. - I believe the High Schools that I listed for each one is correct (just going off memory). Great Job Guys!! Making WV proud!!

EASwrestling

Re: WV Boys at the D2 Championships

Postby EASwrestling » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:49 pm

I was Corrected on Fanning. He is from Preston.

russling

Postby russling » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Agree. Great job

Deerhuntr

Postby Deerhuntr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Lets not forget about the National Collegiate Wrestling Association. Cody Richmond, former Shady Spring High wrestler and now wrestling at D1 Liberty University placed 3 in the Mid Atlantic conference this weekend pining a boy from Clemson to secure 3rd place and qualify for the NCWA National Tournament in Allen, Texas next week. Liberty University has already won the National Duals Championship this year and our favored in the NCWA National meet in Texas. Lot of great teams and wrestlers in the NCWA and because of Title IV some great schools are competing at this level.

https://ncwa.net/

EASwrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:13 am

Congratulations to Cody Richmond from Shady Springs! I looked him up for WV State Tournament placement and didn't see his name. I don't know if he ever placed at states or not, but if he didn't then that shows that if you love the sport, work hard, and stick with it, that you can have some success at the next level. I have seen it happen personally myself. And yes, I agree, there is no doubt some really tough wrestling going on in the NCWA. Good Luck Cody!! Making WV proud!!!

EASwrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 am

In the most recent NCWA polls Cody Richmond is ranked #13 in the nation. Good Luck next weekend going for All-American status. Making WV Proud!!

EASwrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Ok, here it is. The whole Div. 2 Championship Tournament seeding thing has been bothering me. I couldn't make sense of where the wrestlers were being placed in the brackets according to national rankings and records. Guess what? They don't seed the wrestlers in the Div. 2 Championship Tournament. Makes a lot more sense now. I copied this directly from the NCAA website......................................(This tournament is made up of only 16 wrestlers per bracket. Further adding to the intrigue is the lack of traditional tournament seeding. Instead, it uses a method common to high school state tournaments that matches up the wrestlers from each region with someone who placed in a different region. Win your region and your first match is against the wrestler who finished fourth somewhere else. Take second and you face the wrestler who finished third in another qualifying event. The Super Regionals were not a good time to have a bad day on the mat. It also means that wrestlers could be facing a very difficult opponent early on. No match is a given and like every other national tournament, expect the blood round (round of 12) to be nothing short of phenomenal as wrestlers leave it all on the mat knowing a win means they are an All-American while a loss means their season is over.)

Deerhuntr

Cody RichmondLiberty University- NCWA D1 National Champs

Postby Deerhuntr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:31 am

Liberty University won the NCWA National Championship last week in Allen, Texas. This was a sweep of the championships for Liberty by also winning the National Duals in February.

Cody Richmond , former Shady Spring Wrestler and now Wrestling at Liberty University went 3-2 at the tournament with wins over BYU, Washington State and University of New Hampshire. Always good to see the WV boys succeed at the next level.

Always some strong competition in NCWA!!!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 3kXD4A0Ytk

http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clubsp ... 87&TeamID=

http://www.liberty.edu/campusrec/clubsp ... 79&TeamID=

EASwrestling

Postby EASwrestling » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Great job Cody!! Made it to the Round Of 16. A match or two away from All-American. Only a sophomore I believe. Keep it up Cody and you have a great chance to reach that podium in a year or two. Also saw where Cody has had a couple MMA fights under his belt. Tough kid it sounds like. Stay with it, and good Luck next year. Making WV Proud!!!

Return to “Collegiate”