Lets talk Big 12 Championships

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Qualityshots

Lets talk Big 12 Championships

Postby Qualityshots » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Its coming to an end of a heartbreaking year. But its not over yet. Who do we send off to the big stage in Pittsburgh? Lets do this

125- Devin Brown- Im a huge fan of this guy, alot of heart. Does he make it? I believe he does well by coming in 3rd at the big 12. If for some reason that doesnt happen he goes as one of the 5
133- Matthew Schmidt- This is a brutal class this year, I like Fix to win it (duh) but Schmitt is no slouch either. I have him coming in at 3rd respectfully and claiming one of the 5 spots
141-Luke Martin- With only 3 going to the NCAA I think Luke will sit this one out
149-Christian Monserrat- FINALS ALERT..... Does he win? I say yes. With a 3-1 loss to Oklahoma State I think he comes back for revenge and wins
157-Kyler Rea- With only 1 spot I think the Big 12 is a toss up, does he go? I say no
165-Nick Kiussis- This is my NCAA CHAMPionship upset. Marstellar over Vincenzo. Ok Nick is buried in a very tough class here. With 6 spots to fill I believe that he goes. Its gonna be some work
174- ???????????
184-Jackson Moomau- Boy o boy I would love to say yes quickly but I cant just yet. But I will tell you one thing The whole Eastern Panhandle and all counties south west of them will be watching and rooting for him to go. With 5 spots available unfortunately I think he falls short.
197-Noah Adams- While Jackson has us cheering up here Noah will have them cheering down there. I Believe with 7 spots to fill this is when Noah is at his best. The big stage is where he shines. He has made WV proud thus far and I say hes in it to win it. I think he will be punching the ticket.
HWT-Brandon Ngati- Im alittle bias here but with validity, Brandon is from S Hagerstown which is only about 20 minutes from me. We saw him in HS and of course follow him in college. The match with Utah Valley could have gone either way. Brandon could easily be in the finals but loses White. I say he gets to see some action in Pittsburgh.

So there you have it. This is exactly what is going to happen. These are not predictions. These words are bond. Good luck WVU wrestlers at the big 12, see you all in Pittsburgh
Last edited by Qualityshots on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

aacoach62

Re: Lets talk Big 12 Championships

Postby aacoach62 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 am

Big 12 Conference Awarded 53 Auto Bids to NCAA Championships,
The breakdown of the 53 automatic bids per weight class for the Big 12 Championship is as follows:
125 (5)
133 (5)
141 (6)
149 (7)
157 (1)
165 (6)
174 (5)
184 (5)
197 (7)
285 (6)

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:47 pm

Qualityshots wrote:Its coming to an end of a heartbreaking year. But its not over yet. Who do we send off to the big stage in Pittsburgh? Lets do this

125- Devin Brown- Im a huge fan of this guy, alot of heart. Does he make it? I believe he does well by coming in 3rd at the big 12. If for some reason that doesnt happen he goes as one of the 5
133- Matthew Schmidt- This is a brutal class this year, I like Fix to win it (duh) but Schmitt is no slouch either. I have him coming in at 3rd respectfully and claiming one of the 5 spots
141-Luke Martin- With only 3 going to the NCAA I think Luke will sit this one out
149-Christian Monserrat- FINALS ALERT..... Does he win? I say yes. With a 3-1 loss to Oklahoma State I think he comes back for revenge and wins
157-Kyler Rea- With only 1 spot I think the Big 12 is a toss up, does he go? I say no
165-Nick Kiussis- This is my NCAA CHAMPionship upset. Marstellar over Vincenzo. Ok Nick is buried in a very tough class here. With 6 spots to fill I believe that he goes. Its gonna be some work
174- ???????????
184-Jackson Moomau- Boy o boy I would love to say yes quickly but I cant just yet. But I will tell you one thing The whole Eastern Panhandle and all counties south west of them will be watching and rooting for him to go. With 5 spots available unfortunately I think he falls short.
197-Noah Adams- While Jackson has us cheering up here Noah will have them cheering down there. I Believe with 7 spots to fill this is when Noah is at his best. The big stage is where he shines. He has made WV proud thus far and I say hes in it to win it. I think he will be punching the ticket.
HWT-Brandon Ngati- Im alittle bias here but with validity, Brandon is from S Hagerstown which is only about 20 minutes from me. We saw him in HS and of course follow him in college. The match with Utah Valley could have gone either way. Brandon could easily be in the finals but loses White. I say he gets to see some action in Pittsburgh.

So there you have it. This is exactly what is going to happen. These are not predictions. These words are bond. Good luck WVU wrestlers at the big 12, see you all in Pittsburgh

I think Brown, Schmidt, Moserrat, Kiussis, Adams, and Ngati make it. That will be one of the best showings we have had in years.

Travelingman15

Postby Travelingman15 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 pm

What’s going on with WVU multiple starters from early in the season are no longer on the roster. Where’s Zach Moore, Fenstermacher, and Ramirez? Ramirez was talented

Travelingman15

Postby Travelingman15 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:07 pm

What’s going on at WVU? Multiple starters are gone in the last few weeks. What happened to Zach Moore, Fenstermacher, and Ramirez.

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:00 am

Looks like it's Naudeu instead of Moomau and Rea instead of Martin.

aacoach62

Postby aacoach62 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:43 pm

2019 Big 12 Tournament Pre-Seeds Announced

125 Pounds
Nick Piccininni, Oklahoma State
Brent Fleetwood, North Dakota State
Jay Schwarm, Northern Iowa
Rico Montoya, Northern Colorado
Alex Mackall, Iowa State
Cole Verner, Wyoming
Christian Moody, Oklahoma
Sidney Flores, Air Force

133 Pounds
Daton Fix, Oklahoma State
Austin Gomez, Iowa State
Montorie Bridges, Wyoming
Matt Schmitt, West Virginia
Cam Sykora, North Dakota State
Anthony Madrigal, Oklahoma
John Twomey, Air Force
Gary Joint Fresno State

141 Pounds
Josh Alber, Northern Iowa
Ian Parker, Iowa State
Dom Demas, Oklahoma
Matt Findlay, Utah Valley
Kaid Brock, Oklahoma State
Sam Turner, Wyoming
Garrett O'Shea Air Force
Chris DeLoza, Fresno State

149 Pounds
Kaden Gfeller, Oklahoma State
Max Thomsen, Northern Iowa
Jarrett Degen, Iowa State
Christian Monserrat, West Virginia
Khristian Olivas, Fresno State
Davion Jeffries, Oklahoma
Henry Pohlmeyer, South Dakota State
Jaden Van Maanen, North Dakota State

157 Pounds
Justin Thomas, Oklahoma
Jacob Wright, Fresno State
Chase Straw, Iowa State
Wyatt Sheets, Oklahoma State
Luke Weber, North Dakota State
Dewey Krueger, Wyoming
Alex Mossing, Air Force
Colten Carlson, South Dakota State

165 Pounds
Branson Ashworth, Wyoming
Demetrius Romero, Utah Valley
Chandler Rogers, Oklahoma State
Bryce Steiert, Northern Iowa
Nick Kiussis, West Virginia
Andrew Fogarty, North Dakota State
Isaiah Hokit, Fresno State
Jeremy Thomas, Oklahoma

174 Pounds
Jacobe Smith, Oklahoma State
Kimball Bastian, Utah Valley
Taylor Lujan, Northern Iowa
Marcus Coleman, Iowa State
Hayden Hastings, Wyoming
Lorenzo de la Riva, North Dakota State
Anthony Mantanona, Oklahoma
Dominic Kincaid, Fresno State

184 Pounds
Sam Colbray, Iowa State
Drew Foster, Northern Iowa
Dakota Geer, Oklahoma State
Tate Samuelson, Wyoming
Jackson Hemauer, Fresno State
Will Sumner, Utah Valley
Zach Carlson, South Dakota State
Kayne MacCallum, Oklahoma

197 Pounds
Preston Weigel, Oklahoma State
Willie Miklus, Iowa State
Josh Hokit, Fresno State
Tanner Orndorff, Utah Valley
Jake Woodley, Oklahoma
Noah Adams, West Virginia
Jacob Seely, Northern Colorado
Cale Davidson, Wyoming

285 Pounds
Derek White, Oklahoma State
AJ Nevills, Fresno State
Gannon Gremmel, Iowa State
Tate Orndorff, Utah Valley
Brian Andrew, Wyoming
Carter Isley, Northern Iowa
Brandon Ngati, West Virginia
Kayne Hutchinson, Air Force

Qualityshots

Postby Qualityshots » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:23 am

Qualityshots wrote:Its coming to an end of a heartbreaking year. But its not over yet. Who do we send off to the big stage in Pittsburgh? Lets do this

174- ???????????

So basically this scenario isnt gonna work

aacoach62

Postby aacoach62 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:27 pm

125 Pounds
Big 12: Nick Piccininni (Oklahoma State), Brent Fleetwood (North Dakota State), Christian Moody (Oklahoma), Alex Mackall (Iowa State), Jay Schwarm (Northern Iowa), At Large Rico Montoya Northern Colo., At Large Cole Verner Wyoming

133 Pounds
Big 12: Daton Fix (Oklahoma State), Montorie Bridges (Wyoming), Austin Gomez (Iowa State), Matt Schmitt (West Virginia), Gary Joint (Fresno State), At Large Cam Sykora North Dakota St.

141 Pounds
Big 12: Kaid Brock (Oklahoma State), Dom Demas (Oklahoma), Josh Alber (Northern Iowa), Ian Parker (Iowa State), Chris Sandoval (Northern Colorado), Sam Turner (Wyoming), At Large Matt Findlay Utah Valley

149 Pounds
Big 12: Kaden Gfeller (Oklahoma State), Jarrett Degen (Iowa State), Davion Jeffries (Oklahoma), Christian Monserrat (West Virginia), Henry Pohlmeyer (South Dakota State), Khristian Olivas (Fresno State), Max Thomsen (Northern Iowa)

157 Pounds
Big 12: Chase Straw (Iowa State), At Large Justin Thomas Oklahoma

165 Pounds
Big 12: Andrew Fogarty (North Dakota State), Demetrius Romero (Utah Valley), Bryce Steiert (Northern Iowa), Branson Ashworth (Wyoming), Joe Smith (Oklahoma State) At Large Nick Kiussis West Virginia

174 Pounds
Big 12: Jacobe Smith (Oklahoma State), Tristan Lujan (Northern Iowa), Lorenzo de la Riva (North Dakota State), Kimball Bastian (Utah Valley), Marcus Coleman (Iowa State), At Large Hayden Hastings Wyoming

184 Pounds
Big 12: Sammy Colbray (Iowa State), Drew Foster (Northern Iowa), Dakota Geer (Oklahoma State), Will Sumner (Utah Valley), Jackson Hemauer (Fresno State), At Large Tate Samuelson Wyoming

197 Pounds
Big 12: Preston Weigel (Oklahoma State), Willie Miklus (Iowa State), Jake Woodley (Oklahoma), Josh Hokit (Fresno State),
Noah Adams (West Virginia), Tanner Orndorff (Utah Valley), Anthony McLaughlin (Air Force), At Large Jacob Seely Northern Colo.

285 Pounds
Big 12: Derek White (Oklahoma State), AJ Nevills (Fresno State), Tate Orndorff (Utah Valley), Brian Andrews (Wyoming), Gannon Gremmel (Iowa State), Brandon Ngati (West Virginia)

wv16refgk

Postby wv16refgk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Congrats to WVU Coach Flynn and his assistants for their showing at the big 12 tourney!! Congrats to all of the wrestlers for making great strides thie year Good luck in PittsburgGK

indywvu

Postby indywvu » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 pm

It was nice to see that 5 of 10 wrestlers from WVU qualified for NCAA. Plus, Rea had a chance at 141. Good first step. Look forward to seeing this squad next year.

Return to “Collegiate”