WVU Southeast Open and Clarion Open Placements

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aaacoach6

WVU Southeast Open and Clarion Open Placements

Postby aaacoach6 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:29 pm

Southeast Open
157 Alex Hornfeck 2nd Place
141 Caleb Rea1st Place
174 John Joll 5th Place
133 Lucas Seibert 5th Place
285 Brandon Ngati 2nd Place
165 Nick Kiussis 3rd Place
197 Noah Adams 1st Place
149 Seth Hogue 5th Place
174 Isaiha Casto 6th Place
184 Mitchell Potterf 4th Place

Clarion Open
141 Jeffrey Boyd 3rd Place

aaacoach6

Re: WVU Southeast Open and Clarion Open Placements

Postby aaacoach6 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:32 pm

All of the wrestlers made a good showing I would post all of the results but Flowrestling does not make it easy to copy and paste from a phone.

aaacoach6

Postby aaacoach6 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Results for the other wrestlers from West Virginia
WVU
184 Jackson Moomau 2-2
149 Liam Lusher 2-2
184 Hunter DeLong 1-2
157 Hunter Jones 0-2, 1 was a medical forfeit
184 Anthony Carmen 1-2

Cambell
Cameron Pine 1-2

Clarion Open
Clarion
Alec Cook 1-2

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:42 am

From the Editor:

I tried to swipe the results from Flowrestling, and it gives results only for finals, semis, and quarterfinals.
https://www.flowrestling.org/results/65 ... open/27091

That page tells me I can Check brackets, team standing and more on FloArena.

The Teams and Competitors tab on that page tells me that every team there won first place.
http://arena.flowrestling.org/event/694 ... e4a94289d7

The Results tab says there are Freshman/sophomore and Open divisions.
http://arena.flowrestling.org/event/694 ... e4a94289d7

I've been clicking on these pages for an hour or two, and apparently West Virginia and West Virginia unattached are two different teams; but if you are unattached, how can you be attached to West Virginia? There apparently is a Freshman/Sophomore division and an Open division. Did West Virginia have 4 teams there? - West Virginia Freshmen/Sophomores, West Virginia Open, West Virginia Unattached Freshmen/Sophomores, and West Virginia Unattached Open?

Maybe someone from West Virginia will send me the results. I can't figure Flowrestling / FloArena out.

And what does this mean?
Cambell
Cameron Pine 1-2

Clarion Open
Clarion
Alec Cook 1-2
Jenny Hannan wvmat@outlook.com

aaacoach6

Postby aaacoach6 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:45 am

And what does this mean?
Campbell
Cameron Pine 1-2

Clarion Open
Clarion
Alec Cook 1-2

It means Alec Cook who wrestles for Clarion went 1-2 at the Clarion Open and Cameron Pine who wrestles at Campbell went 1-2 at the Southeast open.

The Southeast Open is two tournaments. One for underclassmen Freshmen and Sophomores, and one for Upperclassmen Juniors and Seniors / Open.

On most weekends, a large part of the collegiate wrestling rosters can be found competing on their own, with no coaches, not wearing team singlets in a small gym in front of minimal crowds. These wrestlers are competing unattached in open tournaments.

NCAA wrestling allows 16 dates of competition for Division I teams. Any event that has more than six competitors on a team counts as a full event. As a result, teams pay for six or fewer nonstarters to compete at open events nearly every weekend. The wrestlers do not wear team-affiliated clothing and coaches rarely attend since it is not an official team event.

The true value of unattached events for a wrestling team might come from the athletes that attend but do not have their expenses paid for by the university. Wrestlers in their redshirt year compete in opens as well, but must pay their own way. They find a way to compete while redshirting, unlike a football redshirt who must watch from the sidelines.

Return to “Collegiate”