WVU vs Ohio University

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
dunbar76

Re: WVU vs Ohio University

Postby dunbar76 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:38 pm

The bull would be fine. Zeke's wife has a son. It he is still in the area she might want to come back. Otherwise, I think, she likes a bigger stage than Morgantown.

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Now we are talking.....so let's get the bull in here....or perry...or Donny.....new blood

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:26 am

I think that my university would have to pay a good sum to bring in zeke...............but we could get the bull.......Donny.......or perry in here on the cheap....the good Lord knows that the athletic department is busted from the football program.....lets save some money.......they have never been head coaches.....pay them good once they establish themselves................we had better snag one of those three..........can't go wrong with any of them............new blood........wow it would be so exciting to grab one of those studs.............WVU could have a powerful program..........potential is endless..............lets do this

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:25 am

I think we are over looking the best choice. COLEMAN SCOTT Waynesburg native who could use his name for recruiting!

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:05 pm

coleman scott..............good thinking.........candidate #5................lets do this

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:51 pm

damian Hahn could be looked at hard also............cornell has been kicking tail for a while now.........jersey native..............candidate #6..........new blood

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:14 pm

John Hughes from Lehigh. Multiple AA and NCCA champ.

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm

john hughes..........great thinking............candidate #7.............new blood..........pa boy............lets do this

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:29 pm

ok zeke is out........probably would cost too much..............my list goes like this currently........in order of my personal favorites........#1.bull....#2.perry....#3.Donny....#4.Hughes....#5.Hahn....#6.coleman (a little young yet)..........who you guys want?......sky is the limit.....great pool of candidates............new blood..........new culture..........

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:32 pm

just to keep the discussion going........that i am having by myself..............maybe we are being too hard on turbull and company........they have improved this year............last year was a disaster.........monumental...........this year........they are not so bad...........next season....who knows????.............6 or 7 all americans.........

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 pm

since the discussion with myself is going so well............can we be so bold to dream of winning titles at WVU????.........i would say it would be dang near impossible.........the big 10 has a stranglehold on things for the long term........i would settle for a program with the success level that edinboro has year in and year out......three or so all americans every year....get kids in......have them buy into the fact that they should commit to the cause for 5 years...........365.......24.........7.........you know.......be respectable on a national stage..........create depth......provide leadership..........brainwash em................maybe we should just steal tim Flynn..........that guy is amazing.........candidate #7

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 pm

i will tell you what.......university of Wyoming was in our same position bout 5 years ago........they had a coach that had been there like 30 some years....they sucked something dreadful.........sound familiar.........anyways......a new athletic director came in........said hey........we can do better.........Wyoming rednecks love wrastlin.......why squander the potential????.....so the new AD canned the good ol boys...........was real smart......and brought in Mark Branch........head assistant at mighty Okie state.........Okie states loss was the cowboy states gain..........the pokes have done great in recent years............are they winning national titles??.....no...Laramie ain' no morgantown....are they respectable???......yes.....they would beat our asses.....now if you wrastle a poke you had better strap them up tight fellers.............that branch has changed the culture...........they are some mean dudes now..........maybe we should steal branch...............candidate #8

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Wow, you are on a roll!!!

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Hell yeah.........dream big......let's pretend we have a say in the matter.......in the end we will most likely deal with mediocrity for another decade or 3.....cause lets face it.......no one cares about WVU wrestling.....and that is sad

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:38 pm

truth be known we don't need to be stealing branch or Flynn.......any of the other candidates would give their left nuts to be the head coach at ol WVU......big 12.....close proximity to fertile recruiting grounds......world class facilities........opportunities like this are very hard to come by........blah.......blah........blah..........we need a hard ass.........get them boys in church and off high street......major in beating people down.........new hungry young delusional blood........new culture...........a man without dreams is a dead man.......

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Edinboro's athletic director is a former Olympic wrestler. I'm sure they get good coaching and funding.

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:27 pm

nice..........maybe we can get a package deal or steal from the boro.........bruce and tim........ahaahahhah........keep dreaming big....

dunbar76

Postby dunbar76 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Maybe Casey Cunningham or Cody Sanderson...........They have to be wanting their own D1 team sometime......

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 pm

hell yeah dunbar......I like how you think............leave the sandersons in happy valley......I will take casey any dang day......lets do this...........I personally think morganhole needs a maniac.......that is why I lean towards the bull and perry..........as my top two choices......the bull and perry are so crazy and delusional.........they would try winning national titles right out of the gate........those two are so nuts........I love that..........if we snagged perry he would bring his new illinois recruits and we would get some loyal transfers...........the same with the bull......we would get his recruits from mizzou and some transfers........along with WVU's incoming class...........a double recruiting class.......ala Tom Brands and Cael......back in the day.........guaranteed to kick ass and take names from day one...........lets do this............with only 9.9 to work with you gotta bend some rulz............ahhahhahhaha

HolyHighCrotch

Postby HolyHighCrotch » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:28 am

Frank Molinaro: Young, undefeated National Champion from Penn State so has PA Creds, Jersey boy (beat Jordan Burroughs in High School has big match experience at high school, college, and international), Assistant coach for three years at Rutgers, would love a head coaching job- sickest high crotch and leg turk series. Wrestled for Sanderson. Just giving Rodrego another tangent to run with.

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:34 am

thanks for the bone.............franky the tanky is a bad ass.........too young for my taste........but what the hell.........lets do this...........lets bring back the high crotch.........it is fading away.............franky has the best high crotch this side of bill zadick............bring in franky and we will have jersey boys at all ten wts........they will all be built like freaks..........I love it............he would bring the intensity for sure.........great thinking...........a high crotch works best when you yell real loud when you hit it...............lets do this...........

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:44 pm

everyone needs to call up ol Ollie luck and give some opinions on the matter..........I did...bout a year ago.....I bent his ear for 15 minutes.........I came across as a dumb redneck.......probably because that is what I am............hahahahhah......oh well..........I tried..........all a man can do is try..........

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:28 pm

you boys call Ollie yet?

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:01 pm

to keep the discussion rolling...........maybe we look inside our state for our new coach......I think Robbie Archer should be considered........why not? Second generation coach.......great personality.....gets results....wrestled in the Big 10. Lets do this.

Matofficial

Postby Matofficial » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Rodrego, I don't want to upset the applecart but for what it is worth Turnbull did try to recruit my son and he visited the school and liked what they had to say. It was just that John Hughes worked a lot harder to get him. Maybe that Lehigh Valley connection would work well. Buxton is running the LVAC for Lehigh. He obviously proved he knows how to recruit and win while at Blair. WVU did get a good Bethlehem kid in Zeke Moisey. He should make an instant impact for WVU. Maybe we could get both Bethlehem guys since they are working together, Hughes and Buxton.

rodrego

Postby rodrego » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 pm

hughes and buxton would be insanely cool.........lets do this..........turnbull has done fine....he is probably a great guy......blah .......blah........blah.............it is just time for new blood....the big 12 don't play around.......and neither should we..........I called Ollie and said my piece.....I probably came across as a dick on the phone with him.....it was awkward.....I could not get a feel for what his thoughts for the future are.....my main concern was maybe they were thinking of dropping the program........he assured me they are committed to wrestling..............there are many great options mentioned in this thread........I wish the university would bring in at least 5 of them and pick a new direction for the program...........seems like we are stuck.......the last few years have been horrid......seems to be no development of talent.......seems the pattern is to bring in a stud who really is going to thrive anywhere and unleash him... ....kind of like rader...he would have kicked ass for the citadel or whom ever.......man I watched that kid at the ncaas in okc his true freshman year........what a freak.....what a stud......true freshman AA........crazy.........but.....the team as a whole struggles it seems.....I have zero clue why but it is what it is.........a great dream would be keeping all the studs from wv at home......and even the kids that are not studs in the room too...........rooms need cannon fodder......rooms need depth..............I was college room cannon fodder...not at wvu......fine by me.......not everyone is mason........rader......Litton.......etc.......I am WVU alumni...........I want more for WVU and the state..........there are many great options.....go mounties........

Return to “Collegiate”