College "free" season

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Heath

College "free" season

Postby Heath » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:31 pm

If the season happens and it very well is a "free" year that doesn't count towards anyone's eligibility then why would any healthy wrestler take a RS year? Even if you have a descent senior coming back at a weight, and a pretty good freshman you were going to redshirt, wouldn't you have a wrestle off?
This season would be an opportunity to put the absolute best lineup you have out there which doesn't always happen. What's the downside? If there is one then I'm missing it.

Also it looks like their could possibly be a couple chances at 5x national champ. Yianni and Mekhi Lewis are the only returning champs who could possibly be a 5x champ in the future. Aaron Brooks could be a 5x big ten champ lol. Pretty crazy stuff. Obviously any rs freshman or true freshman would also have a "chance" however small at being a possible five timer. Carter Starocci is a guy who looks like he could at least have a shot at winning a title as a rsfreshman.

Yianni, besides having to win the next two first, would have to transfer in order to be able to win a fifth if the opportunity presented itself because the Ivy League has a rule that doesn't let guys hang around forever I guess. I doubt he'd ever leave Cornell tho. He has a job on their staff just waiting on him. Plus he probably will be onto bigger and better things hopefully and if he finished as a 4x undefeated champ I think that would do lol.

Sry for such a long post. Just a few things I thought was interesting. Wrestling fan and should happen. I just hope it does. Thanks.

Return to “Collegiate”