WVU @ OK State Sunday

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach4

WVU @ OK State Sunday

Postby mscoach4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 pm

WVU, OK State, Missouri & Wyoming will place their starting lineups into an 8 man bracket and fill them out with extras. In addition to the Mountaineers' starting lineup, junior Caleb Rea (141), redshirt freshman Anthony Carman (184) and freshmen Anthony D'Alesio (174) and Caleb Dowling (157) are expected to compete in Stillwater this weekend.This will be the first action this year for D'Alesio. Wrestling starts at noon with finals at 5pm. Trackwrestling will have live updates for the preliminaries and the finals will be on ESPN+

mscoach4

Re: WVU @ OK State Sunday

Postby mscoach4 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:05 pm

https://wvusports.com/news/2021/2/14/wrestling-wvu-completes-cowboy-challenge.aspx
Disappointing day for WVU that showed that while the program is progressing, it still has a ways to go

Heath

Re: WVU @ OK State Sunday

Postby Heath » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:30 pm

mscoach4 wrote:https://wvusports.com/news/2021/2/14/wrestling-wvu-completes-cowboy-challenge.aspx
Disappointing day for WVU that showed that while the program is progressing, it still has a ways to go

I don’t know if I’d say depressing. Three made the finals. No oe is touching Fix. An undersized 165 Hall took on top five Wittlake. Noah losing to Buchanan again sucked but Buchanan is an offensive machine. Still rae but just keeps coming. I was glad Noah beat Ferrari tho at least. 197 is so deep this year, with no one real dominant guy at the weight, a dozen guys could end up winning and I wouldn’t be surprised. Amine is the best guy but it’ll be interesting. Wolfgram struggled. Roberts and boyd have hit a wall but it is what it is. Joll wrestled Plott a lot better than I thought he would. The better guys did fairly well but we’re far from having a top rated guy at every weight. We’re young but yeah it’s definitely a long rebuilding process and we’ll most likely never beat oklahoma state lol. Especially the next four or five years. They have a stud freshman class this year and are loading up again next year.

Has Rea been banging up or did he just get beat out?

The portal is going to play a big role tho. Hopefully Flynn embraces it.
I’d like to see Hall at 157 and bring someone in or bulk up dowling for 65. 165 is insane this year. It’s loaded.

Return to “Collegiate”