WVU vs Oklahoma

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

WVU vs Oklahoma

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:29 am

Big 12 opponent Oklahoma comes to Morgantown soon. Using the latest rankings from Flo, here are the potential match ups:

125: WVU #9 Cardinale hasn’t wrestled yet vs. Flo #22 Prata
133: WVU Unranked (UR) Name Unknown vs. Flo #10 Madrigal
141: WVU Rea UR vs. Flo #13 Demas
149: WVU Name Unknown UR vs Flo #18 Moore
157: WVU UR Dowling vs Flo #18 Thomas
165: WVU Flo #14 Hall vs Unranked Name Unknown
174: WVU UR Name Unknown vs. Flo HM Mantanona
184: WVU UR Carmen vs Flo HM Roberts
197: WVU UR Moomau vs Flo #6 Woodley
285: WVU UR Wolfgram vs Flo #17 Heindselman

Based on WVU's wrestle offs and Clarion Open performances, I didn't want to guess who their starter might be in certain weight classes.

Ironically, WVU's lone active wrestler that is ranked is matching up with Oklahoma's only unranked/HM wrestler.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mscoach57

Re: WVU vs Oklahoma

Postby mscoach57 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:50 pm

125: #9 Cardinale returns with a new hairstyle and his Flynnstyle wrestling is too much for the Sooners maj dec 4-0
133: Titus thrills the record setting crowd with his first attached win by dec over #10 Madrigal. 7-0
0141:Rea upset Teasdale back in the day expect a similar win by dec over #13 Demas. 10-0
149: Karam makes his debut and upsets #18 Moore by maj dec. Coaches, teammates and professors are invited to gather round to get reacquainted with him after the match 14-0
157: Dowling wrestled for Coach Flynn's brother. He knows Flynnstyle. Expect a decision over #18 Thomas 17-0

Halftime will feature a free buffet for all out of state guests. Similar to the recruiting handbook, leftovers may be available to WV natives.

165:#14 Hall hammers the Sooners by Pin. The only question in this match is will PHD, Diamond and WVNorth buy 1 ticket or 3? 23-0
174: Joll is coming off of a 6th place finish in Clarion and that will be plenty to handle HM Mantanona by dec. 26-0
184: Carmen and HM Roberts traded wins last year. That was then, this is now. Joll is on a Quest. Joll by Maj dec 30-0
197: Moomau and Wickersham may need to regroup after Clarion. It is time to break out the secret weapon Jace Bradbury vs#6 Woodley. Already a strong wrestler two years in the world class WVU strength training program will cause Bradury to overwhelm Woodley by pin. 36-0
285: Wolfgram vs #17 Heindselman. Heindselman had a great summer representing the USA in Russia at Junior Worlds. But Freestyle ain't Flynnstyle. Wolfgram is coming in hot after a big overtime win over a WV native who was not recruited by WVU. Wolfgram by pin. 42-0

After watching the Clarion Open I have to agree with John Perkins this is the best WVU Wrestling Team ever. Coach Flynn has proven himself to be a great recruiter, coach, and has brought the fans from all corners of the state together. We hammered Pitt, Penn State and Maryland. Walking over Oklahoma should be a breeze.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:15 pm

Hey Paul Bunyan if you are going to grind your axe don't bring my name into it. I never said that this was "The Best WVU Team Ever" and you know I never said that. Do not get on here and purposely take my words out of context and twist them up to make it sound like I said things that I never said.
To purposely do that is rude and disrespectful. I may not agree with everything you say on here but I do not disrespect you and I am not rude. If you want to question the logic behind my thoughts then by all means go ahead, that is what this forum is for. Please do it respectfully and who knows we may have a meaningful conversation with some good thoughts and ideas. I do not expect much from anyone and I ask for even less out of people but I do expect to be treated with respect.

You obviously don't have respect for this coaching staff and that is fine by me. That is between you and them, please do not bring me into the conversation when you decide to just grind you axe with them.

Now, lets be friends... ;)

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:00 am

It’s gonna be ugly. Hall should have some pretty easy work but other than him it could possibly be a shutout.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:52 pm

mscoach57 wrote:125: #9 Cardinale returns with a new hairstyle and his Flynnstyle wrestling is too much for the Sooners maj dec 4-0
133: Titus thrills the record setting crowd with his first attached win by dec over #10 Madrigal. 7-0
0141:Rea upset Teasdale back in the day expect a similar win by dec over #13 Demas. 10-0
149: Karam makes his debut and upsets #18 Moore by maj dec. Coaches, teammates and professors are invited to gather round to get reacquainted with him after the match 14-0
157: Dowling wrestled for Coach Flynn's brother. He knows Flynnstyle. Expect a decision over #18 Thomas 17-0

Halftime will feature a free buffet for all out of state guests. Similar to the recruiting handbook, leftovers may be available to WV natives.

165:#14 Hall hammers the Sooners by Pin. The only question in this match is will PHD, Diamond and WVNorth buy 1 ticket or 3? 23-0
174: Joll is coming off of a 6th place finish in Clarion and that will be plenty to handle HM Mantanona by dec. 26-0
184: Carmen and HM Roberts traded wins last year. That was then, this is now. Joll is on a Quest. Joll by Maj dec 30-0
197: Moomau and Wickersham may need to regroup after Clarion. It is time to break out the secret weapon Jace Bradbury vs#6 Woodley. Already a strong wrestler two years in the world class WVU strength training program will cause Bradury to overwhelm Woodley by pin. 36-0
285: Wolfgram vs #17 Heindselman. Heindselman had a great summer representing the USA in Russia at Junior Worlds. But Freestyle ain't Flynnstyle. Wolfgram is coming in hot after a big overtime win over a WV native who was not recruited by WVU. Wolfgram by pin. 42-0

After watching the Clarion Open I have to agree with John Perkins this is the best WVU Wrestling Team ever. Coach Flynn has proven himself to be a great recruiter, coach, and has brought the fans from all corners of the state together. We hammered Pitt, Penn State and Maryland. Walking over Oklahoma should be a breeze.

Lol I know you’re playing but neither psu or pitt sent their starters. Although their backups did put it on a couple of our starters.

Return to “Collegiate”