NC State 34 WVU 6

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aacoach61

NC State 34 WVU 6

Postby aacoach61 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:20 pm

Match Results
125: 10/9 Jakob Camacho (NCSU) major dec. Colton Drousias (WVU), 14-4
133: -/17 Kai Orine (NCSU) dec. Garett Lautzenheiser (WVU), 4-1
141: -/19 Ryan Jack (NCSU) dec, Caleb Rea (WVU), 8-7
149: 2/3 Tariq Wilson (NCSU) major dec. Jeffrey Boyd (WVU), 13-4
157: -/31 Ed Scott (NCSU) major dec. Alex Hornfeck (WVU), 22-8
165: 14/16 Peyton Hall (WVU) dec. 11/17 Thomas Bullard (NCSU), 6-3
174: 4/5 Hayden Hidlay (NCSU) tech. fall Dennis Robin (WVU), 20-3; T-5:30
184: 3/3 Trent Hidlay (NCSU) wins by fall Anthony Carman (WVU), T-:23
197: 19/19 Isaac Trumble (NCSU) tech. fall Jackson Moomau (WVU), 18-0; T-5:49
HWT: HM/33 Michael Wolfgram (WVU) dec. HR/20 Owen Trephan (NCSU), 6-5

Letsgooo

Re: NC State 34 WVU 6

Postby Letsgooo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:32 am

Not surprising. We couldn’t have pulled this one out with Cardinale, Sullivan and Adams but it would of helped.

Is Dowling hurt? If not then why isn’t he starting.

Also I know the ncaa talked about possibly allowing the redshirts to keep their RS while wrestling in the exhibition matches? Is that true? If not then I would of expected Roberts to RS.

174-197 is just bad. I know Carman was facing a stud but a 20 second pin? Come on now. I guess you could say the same for 125-141.

Hall with a huge win. Gunning for AA this year in a stacked weight class.
Wolfgram has gotten in better shape and the results are showing. Maybe a round of 12 guy if things go his way.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:40 am

The team score is similar to the Oklahoma score. This is what can be expected for the season. There will be some duels where WVU has some wrestlers pick up some wins.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Bearhugger wrote:The team score is similar to the Oklahoma score. This is what can be expected for the season. There will be some duels where WVU has some wrestlers pick up some wins.

And also some duals ;) .

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:16 am

One time I prepared for a dual and unfortunately it was a duel ... didn’t go well.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:58 am

Many top wrestlers get taken out due to poor grades. We need to help them rather than contribute to their demise. Although I have made the mistake most of my life (because I have read it wrong during wrestling season), duel is a noun and dual is an adjective.

NC State won the duel.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:48 am

"Match" would save this argument,,, but I guess Dual or Duel does signify that 2 teams were present

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:37 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Many top wrestlers get taken out due to poor grades. We need to help them rather than contribute to their demise. Although I have made the mistake most of my life (because I have read it wrong during wrestling season), duel is a noun and dual is an adjective.

NC State won the duel.

If you look up the meaning of both words you are clearly wrong, however going forward I will now know what you mean when u write “duel”.... Dual match would be a better phrase for all to use going forward so as to avoid the misconception of possible Burr/Hamilton type thing. That gets me thinking what if Burr and Hamilton signed up for a dual instead of a duel , would that have resulted in a rasslin match thus saving Hamilton’s life??

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Doyablameme? wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:Many top wrestlers get taken out due to poor grades. We need to help them rather than contribute to their demise. Although I have made the mistake most of my life (because I have read it wrong during wrestling season), duel is a noun and dual is an adjective.

NC State won the duel.

If you look up the meaning of both words you are clearly wrong, however going forward I will now know what you mean when u write “duel”.... Dual match would be a better phrase for all to use going forward so as to avoid the misconception of possible Burr/Hamilton type thing. That gets me thinking what if Burr and Hamilton signed up for a dual instead of a duel , would that have resulted in a rasslin match thus saving Hamilton’s life??

I did look them up. A duel is a noun and dual is an adjective. So, when saying "Dual Match", that is correct. What kind of match? A dual match.

It really doesn't matter. I prefer bracketed tournaments.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:10 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
Doyablameme? wrote:

NC State won the duel.

I did look them up. A duel is a noun and dual is an adjective. So, when saying "Dual Match", that is correct. What kind of match? A dual match.

It really doesn't matter. I prefer bracketed tournaments.

You know there are bracketed dual tournaments also. Maybe the best of both worlds :) .

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:50 am

This is the dumbest argument but I have nothing better to do this morning.

"Duel"... is an arranged engagement of two people with matching deadly weapons. (Key words, matching deadly weapons) In order to win one person must die or get permanently maimed. Duels were most commonly fought with swords and pistols.

"Dual"...meaning two. Example: A Triangular wrestling match (meaning 3 teams in one venue) is broken down into three separate dual matches (meaning two teams competing against each other without matching deadly weapons).

But whatever, it's a dumb argument.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:29 am

Jon Perkins wrote:This is the dumbest argument but I have nothing better to do this morning.

"Duel"... is an arranged engagement of two people with matching deadly weapons. (Key words, matching deadly weapons) In order to win one person must die or get permanently maimed. Duels were most commonly fought with swords and pistols.

"Dual"...meaning two. Example: A Triangular wrestling match (meaning 3 teams in one venue) is broken down into three separate dual matches (meaning two teams competing against each other without matching deadly weapons).

We are just doing our part to elevate WVU's graduation rate from 58% to 59%.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:22 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:This is the dumbest argument but I have nothing better to do this morning.

I guess I, who started it all should have explained things better. It was not an argument. I was just kidding Bearhugger, since there previously had been "arguments" on here regarding these things :) . I get the use of definitions, but the above definition of duel has to be off a little because I am sure a while back I heard of two guys dueling with banjos, and to top that off one of them cheated and used a guitar. I never understood that and they never actually showed who died. And by the way, I used both words and then used spell check and both are allowed so I guess that ends the "argument" because, unlike me, my computer is never wrong ;) .

Talk about seemingly having nothing better to do.... shoot (alternatively I could have used "chute"), gotta go, wife's yelling something about finishing Christmas decorations!!

Return to “Collegiate”