Wrestle-Offs

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
LGWVUM

Wrestle-Offs

Postby LGWVUM » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:32 pm

Any schedule/order/info on wrestle-offs?

Bearhugger

Re: Wrestle-Offs

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Who are the starters now?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KBratke

Postby KBratke » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:16 pm

Complete results from today's wrestle-offs. We're exited to open the season next weekend at the Southeast Open. That will be live on FloWrestling! I will post on here later this week when we know for sure everyone we are taking. Let's Go Mountaineers!

Jace Schafer dec Colton Drousias, 2-1

Jordan Titus dec Blake Boyers, 9-0
Michael Dolan maj dec Blake Boyers, 8-0
Jordan Titus dec Michael Dolan, 6-1

Sam Hillegas tech fall Michael Pescatore, 15-0
Jeff Boyd dec Brayden Ivy, 8-6
Brayden Ivy FALL over Michael Pescatore
Jeff Boyd dec Sam Hillegas, 4-3

Alex Hornfeck tech fall George Johnson, 18-0
Brayden Roberts dec Nick Cicciarelli, 7-4
Caleb Dowling maj dec Joseph Chiappazzi, 13-2
Alex Hornfeck tech fall Brayden Roberts, 16-0
Caleb Dowling dec Walker Heard, 5-1
Nick Cicciarelli dec George Johnson, 10-9
Nick Cicciarelli dec Joseph Chiappazzi, 3-1
Caleb Dowling dec Alex Hornfeck, 5-3

Peyton Hall dec Patrick Daum, 6-1

Brody Conley dec Jack Blumer, 2-0
Scott Joll FALL over Andrew Sharer
Jack Blumer maj dec Andrew Sharer, 9-1
Scott Joll dec Brody Conley, 5-1

Dennis Robin maj dec Kyle Myers, 12-4
Anthony Carman tech fall Brian Finnerty, 16-0
Brian Finnety dec Kyle Myers, 2-1 UTB
Anthony Carman dec Dennis Robin, 4-0

Austin Cooley FALL over Nate Wickersham

Michael Wolfgram tech fall Leo Muzika, 17-2
Tristan Kemp dec Leo Muzika, 5-1
Michael Wolfgram FALL over Tristan Kemp

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:01 am

KBratke wrote:Complete results from today's wrestle-offs. We're exited to open the season next weekend at the Southeast Open. That will be live on FloWrestling! I will post on here later this week when we know for sure everyone we are taking. Let's Go Mountaineers!

Jace Schafer dec Colton Drousias, 2-1

Jordan Titus dec Blake Boyers, 9-0
Michael Dolan maj dec Blake Boyers, 8-0
Jordan Titus dec Michael Dolan, 6-1

Sam Hillegas tech fall Michael Pescatore, 15-0
Jeff Boyd dec Brayden Ivy, 8-6
Brayden Ivy FALL over Michael Pescatore
Jeff Boyd dec Sam Hillegas, 4-3

Alex Hornfeck tech fall George Johnson, 18-0
Brayden Roberts dec Nick Cicciarelli, 7-4
Caleb Dowling maj dec Joseph Chiappazzi, 13-2
Alex Hornfeck tech fall Brayden Roberts, 16-0
Caleb Dowling dec Walker Heard, 5-1
Nick Cicciarelli dec George Johnson, 10-9
Nick Cicciarelli dec Joseph Chiappazzi, 3-1
Caleb Dowling dec Alex Hornfeck, 5-3

Peyton Hall dec Patrick Daum, 6-1

Brody Conley dec Jack Blumer, 2-0
Scott Joll FALL over Andrew Sharer
Jack Blumer maj dec Andrew Sharer, 9-1
Scott Joll dec Brody Conley, 5-1

Dennis Robin maj dec Kyle Myers, 12-4
Anthony Carman tech fall Brian Finnerty, 16-0
Brian Finnety dec Kyle Myers, 2-1 UTB
Anthony Carman dec Dennis Robin, 4-0

Austin Cooley FALL over Nate Wickersham

Michael Wolfgram tech fall Leo Muzika, 17-2
Tristan Kemp dec Leo Muzika, 5-1
Michael Wolfgram FALL over Tristan Kemp

I see there wasn't a wrestle off at 133. The word on the street is neither of the 133s made weight. What happened?

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:49 am

I wont say that is false but that is not the word that I got. We must have been on different streets in Morgantown.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 am

Jon Perkins wrote:I wont say that is false but that is not the word that I got. We must have been on different streets in Morgantown.

Regardless, WVU is off to a rough start at 133.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:46 am

I wouldn't use the word "rough", to me that implies bad results. The team as a whole doesn't have any results yet because they haven't even wrestled a match. Davin Rhoads is the only guy on the roster listed at 133, so there would have been no one for him to wrestle off with. Did he make weight? Who knows, if you aren't on the team then you don't know who weighed in and who didn't weigh in. Besides if he didn't have anyone to wrestle off with then there was no need for him to weigh in. Let's say that he did not weigh in. Is he sick? Is he injured? Who knows besides the coaches and maybe a few guys on the team, casual fans are not privy to that inside information, and the inside information that you do get you can, and should, only believe about half of it.

At least give the team a week or two before deciding if they are off to a rough start at any particular weight class or not. For example, if the "American Dream" Davin Rhoads is not ready to compete and if someone bumps up or cuts down to fill in and that guy goes 0-6 in the first 3 weeks of the season, then you can definitely say they are off to "Rough" start at 133, because now we know the starter is out and the substitute is not any good. However, if there is a sub and that guy goes 3-3 in the first 3 weeks then you should say that 133 is off to a "Slow" start because the starter is out and the substitute is a 500 wrestler. In the end, for all we know, Davin is fully healthy and will be ready to go on Saturday. The season hasn't even really started yet so let's hold judgement on who is and who is not off to a good or bad start.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:02 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:I wouldn't use the word "rough", to me that implies bad results. The team as a whole doesn't have any results yet because they haven't even wrestled a match. Davin Rhoads is the only guy on the roster listed at 133, so there would have been no one for him to wrestle off with. Did he make weight? Who knows, if you aren't on the team then you don't know who weighed in and who didn't weigh in. Besides if he didn't have anyone to wrestle off with then there was no need for him to weigh in. Let's say that he did not weigh in. Is he sick? Is he injured? Who knows besides the coaches and maybe a few guys on the team, casual fans are not privy to that inside information, and the inside information that you do get you can, and should, only believe about half of it.

At least give the team a week or two before deciding if they are off to a rough start at any particular weight class or not. For example, if the "American Dream" Davin Rhoads is not ready to compete and if someone bumps up or cuts down to fill in and that guy goes 0-6 in the first 3 weeks of the season, then you can definitely say they are off to "Rough" start at 133, because now we know the starter is out and the substitute is not any good. However, if there is a sub and that guy goes 3-3 in the first 3 weeks then you should say that 133 is off to a "Slow" start because the starter is out and the substitute is a 500 wrestler. In the end, for all we know, Davin is fully healthy and will be ready to go on Saturday. The season hasn't even really started yet so let's hold judgement on who is and who is not off to a good or bad start.

Ok, I shall rephrase my words.

Whereas WVU has wrestlers listed as winners of wrestle offs at 125, 141, 149, 157, 165, 174, 184, 197 and 285............they are 90% set for the season to start.

Doyablameme?

Postby Doyablameme? » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:30 am

Jon Perkins wrote:I wouldn't use the word "rough", to me that implies bad results. The team as a whole doesn't have any results yet because they haven't even wrestled a match. Davin Rhoads is the only guy on the roster listed at 133, so there would have been no one for him to wrestle off with. Did he make weight? Who knows, if you aren't on the team then you don't know who weighed in and who didn't weigh in. Besides if he didn't have anyone to wrestle off with then there was no need for him to weigh in. Let's say that he did not weigh in. Is he sick? Is he injured? Who knows besides the coaches and maybe a few guys on the team, casual fans are not privy to that inside information, and the inside information that you do get you can, and should, only believe about half of it.

Can one use the term “rough start” at the end of this month ?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:58 am

Opinions vary. I am interested to see how the January 6th match with Ohio University goes. Two seasons ago, WVU smoked OU. Last season, Ohio blasted WVU.

WVU competes in the powerhouse Big 12 and Ohio University is in the MAC.

Ohio University gained Derek Raike, 4x WV State Champion and Dutton Award winner. WVU has half of their entire team at 149.

Ohio also has an interesting addition to their coaching staff that I learned of last night.

Many performance indicators for the season and direction of the program. This match up has my interest.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:06 pm

WVU led the Southeast Open injuries. Word is Cardinale didn't compete due to injury. The season just started. The start is rough!!!

armyscot0873

Postby armyscot0873 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:59 pm

WVU did great this weekend! Definitely not a rough start. Cardinale didn't wrestle last year until almost January and Jace didn't have bad showing. Upper weights were really impressive.

Return to “Collegiate”