WVU vs UTC

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
mscoach4

WVU vs UTC

Postby mscoach4 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:54 pm

Tonight down in Tennessee, on ESPN+ at 7

mscoach4

Re: WVU vs UTC

Postby mscoach4 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:30 pm

Kind of an ugly workman like closer than expected 24-16 win for the Mountaineers.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 am

The score was certainly closer than everyone thought that it would be. In my opinion this shows how tough D1 wrestling is. With only 10 matches each win is critical and bonus points become a premium and it shows that everyone on the team has to show up and do their job. WVU had a starter out and they gave up a win at 197 and they probably got upset in the match at 184, giving up bonus points. Those two matches right there made the score much closer than it should have been. Thankfully the rest of the team did their jobs and picked the wins they were supposed to. This is why I say that the rankings don't matter all that much, they still have to show up and wrestle the matches. In any case, it was another win for the Mountaineers and something else to build off of. For now, they better get back to work and prepare for the next two road trips to Oklahoma and Iowa, those four teams are beasts of a different nature.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:37 am

Jon Perkins wrote:The score was certainly closer than everyone thought that it would be. In my opinion this shows how tough D1 wrestling is. With only 10 matches each win is critical and bonus points become a premium and it shows that everyone on the team has to show up and do their job. WVU had a starter out and they gave up a win at 197 and they probably got upset in the match at 184, giving up bonus points. Those two matches right there made the score much closer than it should have been. Thankfully the rest of the team did their jobs and picked the wins they were supposed to. This is why I say that the rankings don't matter all that much, they still have to show up and wrestle the matches. In any case, it was another win for the Mountaineers and something else to build off of. For now, they better get back to work and prepare for the next two road trips to Oklahoma and Iowa, those four teams are beasts of a different nature.

My mistake, the Mountaineers don't have a road trip to Iowa, they are hosting Iowa State and Northern Iowa.

Return to “Collegiate”