WVU Quad on YouTube

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

WVU Quad on YouTube

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:12 pm

Regarding WVU's recent quad, you can find the matches on YouTube.

If you want to watch WVU vs Duke, you need to search WVU vs Cleveland State.

If you want to watch WVU vs Cleveland State, you need to search WVU vs Duke.

The titles are flip flopped in error.

I didn't look for WVU vs Kent State.

Enjoy
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

mscoach4

Re: WVU Quad on YouTube

Postby mscoach4 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:54 pm

Nice win tonight against Clarion 31-7

Geoswaff

Postby Geoswaff » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:11 pm

Super impressed with Watters his bonus rate is fantastic.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:05 am

I was really hoping to see Dowling get a win against someone like Herrera-Rondon. It looked like he struggled against someone significantly taller, hopefully he takes the loss and learns from it. Overall, it was a good showing. I’m still very impressed by Jett, Jordan, and Ty. Those three guys are just fun to watch.

Pottstd

Postby Pottstd » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:45 pm

I think WVU's preformance over these last 4 duals has been overall impressive. While beating teams like Ohio, Duke, Kent St., and Clarion should be expected of WVU, the fact that for the most part they were relatively dominant is a positive sign.

Of course there were some disappointments. However, 3 of the 7 matches lost came at 133 where unfortunately everyone know WVU would struggle. Two more of those matches were surprise disappoints with Hall getting caught and pinned and Cooley giving up a late 5 point lead on a ranked opponent by giving up a takedown and back points in the last 10 seconds. The other two were just, in my opinion, poor matches for the wrestlers involved with Wolfgram losing against Ohio and Dowling loosing against Clarion.

However, several bright spots have appeared in WVU lineup as well. As others have noted. Those being the addition of Strickenberger at 125 who has been impressive so far. Waters at 149 who certainly appears ready to be a threat immediately and is wracking up the bonus points.

Overall, despite it being early in the year still, I would argue that this team from top to bottom is the most complete and competitive teams WVU has fielded in a long time. Even in some of the spots of question like 157 and heavyweight (and arguably 174 and 184) there seems to be alot of possibility for upside as those wrestlers have all shown themselves at points to be able to compete with numerous ranked guys.

Return to “Collegiate”