How hurt is Shawn Taylor and a new commit

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Letsgooo

How hurt is Shawn Taylor and a new commit

Postby Letsgooo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:57 am

Taylor isn’t wrestling in the post season and had a big brace on his right knee (I think). Everytime I see him I don’t see anyway he wrestles 184. He’s so small. I wonder more if Conley tries moving down once Peyton leaves.

TJ Langley 157lber from Ohio. Not in the top 20 of the weight. Maybe a diamond in the rough or maybe a room guy. No idea. He finished 4th or 5th at National Preps.

Jon Perkins

Re: How hurt is Shawn Taylor and a new commit

Postby Jon Perkins » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:20 am

Shawn Taylor hasn’t wrestled all year. I was really looking forward to watching him wrestle at the Iron Man but unfortunately he didn’t wrestle. I would assume that the plan is have Shawn wrestle 165 after Peyton is done. Brody Conley needs to stay right where he is and Hoke Hogan might take a redshirt year but he will be at 184. I don’t know if anyone seen the pictures of that dude after he won his GA state title this year but that dude is, “jaaaacked up”.

As for Mr. Langley, I would expect to see more guys coming in at this weight along with 133 and HWT. These will be the major holes to be filled.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:44 am

I stand corrected, good find, thanks for sharing.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:42 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:Shawn Taylor hasn’t wrestled all year. I was really looking forward to watching him wrestle at the Iron Man but unfortunately he didn’t wrestle. I would assume that the plan is have Shawn wrestle 165 after Peyton is done. Brody Conley needs to stay right where he is and Hoke Hogan might take a redshirt year but he will be at 184. I don’t know if anyone seen the pictures of that dude after he won his GA state title this year but that dude is, “jaaaacked up”.

As for Mr. Langley, I would expect to see more guys coming in at this weight along with 133 and HWT. These will be the major holes to be filled.

Taylors record says 16-0. Might be a typo tho. Hogan is huge. I think it’ll be interesting watching him and Lawrence’s weight. Both look a size bigger than they’re being listed while Taylor looks smaller imo. Not sure how someone can’t be excited for our future upper weights. Hope Kehler is in there as well.

Cooley is done after this year. Lawrence may get to go right away. Or move Carman or Robin up.

I dunno I wouldn’t mind Hall going 174 next year IF Conley could make 165. He’d have a much easier time trying to AA at 174 but that’s obviously up to him.

We need to hit the portal HARD for either a 125 and let Jett move up or just get a 133.

JohnK73

Postby JohnK73 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:59 pm

Cooley has atleast 1 more year of eligibility, if not 2 more years after this year, depending on if can get a medical rs for 21-22. He redshirted 19-20, then 20-21 was the Covid year which doesn’t count for anyone, and then missed 22-entire 21-22 for injury. Assuming what they do with Lawrence might depend how long he stays here, but would be nice to let Lawrence redshirt and see how he does with growth. Maybe Lawrence will replace Wolf after his RS

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:56 am

After the season that Ty Watters is having as a true freshman, I have a hard time seeing Rune taking a redshirt next year. Flynn is known for putting the best team possible on the mat, and I think he will be the best guy at 197. I can see Hoke needing a redshirt season. I think Robin will be at 184 next season and then letting Hoke and Ian Bush fight it out for that spot the year after.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:12 pm

Jon Perkins wrote:After the season that Ty Watters is having as a true freshman, I have a hard time seeing Rune taking a redshirt next year. Flynn is known for putting the best team possible on the mat, and I think he will be the best guy at 197. I can see Hoke needing a redshirt season. I think Robin will be at 184 next season and then letting Hoke and Ian Bush fight it out for that spot the year after.

I agree with this. If Lawrence can make 197lbs no prob then I think he wrestles next year. He’s head and shoulders better than what they have started there right now. Plus he’s really good at the one place a lot of freshman struggle and that’s on the mat. He’s a beast on top. If he’s healthy, and they have no plans to spend a year beefing him up for HW, then he goes.
All the others RS, except the better Clem, IF they can’t find a transfer at 133. Which hope to god they can.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:06 am

Lawrence has a Finals match today that some are calling one of the biggest matches ever in PIAA championships history where he will take on a returning state champion, Johnson from Muncy. Anyone want to share their Flo login in for a day?

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 am

mscoach4 wrote:Lawrence has a Finals match today that some are calling one of the biggest matches ever in PIAA championships history where he will take on a returning state champion, Johnson from Muncy. Anyone want to share their Flo login in for a day?

If you didn't get to watch this match, you didn't miss a lot. Although the score was close, Rune controlled the whole match. Johnson was very defensive on his feet just trying to not get taken down but when Rune stepped on the gas, Johnson couldn't come close to defending Rune's attacks. It did get a little chippy at the end when Rune put his hand in Johnson's face and gave him a shove. Rune is going to be so fun to watch the next few years, this dude can wrestle for sure.

Return to “Collegiate”