NCAA Brackets

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jon Perkins

NCAA Brackets

Postby Jon Perkins » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 am

Overall, I like the draws the WVU guys got for each of their weight classes. With all the parody in the 125 pound weight class, I think Jett fits right in and I like his chances to make the Round of 12. He definitely seems to wrestle better the deeper he gets into a tournament. Jordan Titus has beaten his first round opponent this year. His second round opponent, Ryan Jack, is very good but I think Jordan matches up good with him. A podium finish for either of these two guys might be a stretch but it is obtainable. Ty and Peyton both have great draws. I look for Peyton to have a very good chance of wrestling O'Toole in the quarters, and we have seen this year that he can beat Keegan. Ty should comfortably make the quarters where he will have Henson from VTech, this isn't great. With their draws both of these guys have a good chance of making the podium. That leaves Brody Conley, and I am not loving his first round match-up but one thing we have learned from Brody is that he has grit. Looking at the bracket a Round of 12 would be very tough to get to but is certainly obtainable.

To have 2 All-Americans and 3 guys finish in the Round of 12 is overly optimistic and certainly will not happen. However, a Round of 12 finish is a very good finish to the season for anyone and is certainly obtainable by any of these guys.

Pottstd

Re: NCAA Brackets

Postby Pottstd » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:47 pm

I agree, overall I think WVU's spots in the bracket are as good as you could hope for at NCAAs. It certainly puts all of the guys in places where they have a change to make a run. Will assuming the best is optimistic, if you would have said a few years ago you could even optimistically argue WVU had 5 wrestlers who were contenders for bloodround/AA finishes that would have been laughable. Especially with a few of these wrestles still on the front side of their careers.

NJwvu12

Postby NJwvu12 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:48 am

Jon Perkins wrote:Overall, I like the draws the WVU guys got for each of their weight classes. With all the parody in the 125 pound weight class, I think Jett fits right in and I like his chances to make the Round of 12. He definitely seems to wrestle better the deeper he gets into a tournament. Jordan Titus has beaten his first round opponent this year. His second round opponent, Ryan Jack, is very good but I think Jordan matches up good with him. A podium finish for either of these two guys might be a stretch but it is obtainable. Ty and Peyton both have great draws. I look for Peyton to have a very good chance of wrestling O'Toole in the quarters, and we have seen this year that he can beat Keegan. Ty should comfortably make the quarters where he will have Henson from VTech, this isn't great. With their draws both of these guys have a good chance of making the podium. That leaves Brody Conley, and I am not loving his first round match-up but one thing we have learned from Brody is that he has grit. Looking at the bracket a Round of 12 would be very tough to get to but is certainly obtainable.

To have 2 All-Americans and 3 guys finish in the Round of 12 is overly optimistic and certainly will not happen. However, a Round of 12 finish is a very good finish to the season for anyone and is certainly obtainable by any of these guys.

Any idea if Titus is cleared and good to go ?

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:00 pm

I don't have any idea, but I am pretty sure he will be good to go.

Return to “Collegiate”