WVU AD

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jon Perkins

WVU AD

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:33 am

I have it on high authority that Wren Baker is a big fan of the WVMAT college wrestling forum. Not really, I made that up but lets hope he sees this. The coaching staff has proved they can produce better results than the resources given to them, doing a lot with a little if you will. It's time to step up your money game and supply them with another full-time coaching position and a recruiting coordinator. Given these two additions to the coaching staff they can have quality coaching for the low end of the line-up, the middle weights, and the top end of the line-up. The additional coaching positions would make it more incentivizing for top high school recruits and college transfers and could potentially take this team from the Top 20 to consistently being a Top 15 or even a Top 10 team and producing multiple All Americans year in and year out. In addition to the coaching positions, you need to talk to your pals at the Country Roads Trust and get them on board with supplying the only team on campus that consistently produces All Americans with more NIL dollars. Like it or not, money talks and that is what it takes to keep other Universities from fishing away your top talent.

dunbar76

Re: WVU AD

Postby dunbar76 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:31 pm

You are correct.Thanks for the post.

mscoach4

Postby mscoach4 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:03 am

Consistent top 15 is realistic, consistent top 10 is a big jump but doable with the lots of right kind of support,

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:34 pm

mscoach4 wrote:Consistent top 15 is realistic, consistent top 10 is a big jump but doable with the lots of right kind of support,

My idea there didn't come across very clear. It is possible to have a Top 15 consistently and break into the Top 10 from time to time. To consistently have a Top 10 team, that takes a lot of support from outside of what the university provides and WVU just doesn't have that.

Return to “Collegiate”