Best College Wrestler from WV

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
BigGuy6767
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:50 am

Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby BigGuy6767 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:13 am

whose the best college wrestler from the state of West Virginia? Who had the most succes ?

russling
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby russling » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Copied this from an earlier post.

Maybe asked before, but Who? has made D1 all American from our state?

Ken Chertow, 3x, Penn State, Huntington
Mike Mason, 2x, WVU, Williamstown
Mark Samples, 1x?, Edinboro, George Washington
Sam Kline, 1x, WVU, Elkins
Brandon Radar, 2x, WVU, Parkersburg

Now add Jared Haught to list with AA 2016 and he has 2017 left. Could be a 2xAA on the short above.

BigGuy6767
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:50 am

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby BigGuy6767 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:14 pm

russling wrote:Copied this from an earlier post.

Maybe asked before, but Who? has made D1 all American from our state?

Ken Chertow, 3x, Penn State, Huntington
Mike Mason, 2x, WVU, Williamstown
Mark Samples, 1x?, Edinboro, George Washington
Sam Kline, 1x, WVU, Elkins
Brandon Radar, 2x, WVU, Parkersburg

Now add Jared Haught to list with AA 2016 and he has 2017 left. Could be a 2xAA on the short above.

Hopefully we can add Haught x2 then cotrelland Jake smith !

Gator
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm
Location: South Parkersburg-Moderator WV Mat

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby Gator » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Moderator WV Mat

J.W.
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:29 am

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby J.W. » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Gator wrote:http://www.wvmat.com/hallfame/merrill.htm


Thanks for sharing. Great article.

Gator
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm
Location: South Parkersburg-Moderator WV Mat

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby Gator » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:54 pm

J.W. wrote:
Gator wrote:http://www.wvmat.com/hallfame/merrill.htm


Thanks for sharing. Great article.



Welcome J.W. Good luck to your boys this weekend!
Moderator WV Mat

russling
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby russling » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 pm

BigGuy6767 wrote:
russling wrote:Copied this from an earlier post.

Maybe asked before, but Who? has made D1 all American from our state?

Ken Chertow, 3x, Penn State, Huntington
Mike Mason, 2x, WVU, Williamstown
Mark Samples, 1x?, Edinboro, George Washington
Sam Kline, 1x, WVU, Elkins
Brandon Radar, 2x, WVU, Parkersburg

Now add Jared Haught to list with AA 2016 and he has 2017 left. Could be a 2xAA on the short above.

Hopefully we can add Haught x2 then cotrelland Jake smith !


With Jared Haught getting 4th this year, does anyone who of the group above placed the highest?

Gator
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm
Location: South Parkersburg-Moderator WV Mat

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby Gator » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Mike Mason finished 3rd one year. Leland Merrill won a Bronze medal in 1948 Olympics.
Moderator WV Mat

Crusty1
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby Crusty1 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Did Sam Kline wrestle in high school in WV?

indywvu
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Re: Best College Wrestler from WV

Postby indywvu » Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Elkins


Return to “Collegiate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests