Regionals two weeks before the State

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
aaacoach28

Regionals two weeks before the State

Postby aaacoach28 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:25 pm

This is total BS for moving the regionals back a week. I hope someone can explain the reason to me on this.From my understanding it has all to do with the skin issues this past year. Total BS the way it was handled. Should have not let the kids that had the skin issues wrestle and wrestled the rest. The entire State was exposed to to the skin problems with the wrestlers that wrestled in the region . The same Refs that worked the regional worked the state. That same workout parteners was exposed . I don't understand why the board moved back a week. We have rules to go by and never had a problem prior to this year. Handled totally wrong. So if there is skin issues this year after the regionals are we going to move it back another two weeks??? Shame on you that have your own interest before the rest of the state. Time for the State to move location where there is no influence regarding changing to benefit those who run the state.We have had rules to go by and they worked . Just need logical personal to inforce the rules and turn a deaf ear to those that complain!!This should have been decided by everyone in the state not just a select few. Move The State Tournament !!!!!!!!!!!

forthekids

Re: Regionals two weeks before the State

Postby forthekids » Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Where the state tournament is held had nothing to do with how the decided the skin issue. I agree there was protocol in place and should have follow it. (but this is America run by lawyers and judges) HOWEVER, to say it was decided because where it was is beyond ridiculous. Where would you want to move it to? Who would volunteer all the hours necessary to do it. It is put up for bid every 2 to 4 years. Every notice NO ONE else bids on it. CMON MAN lets not get crazy! Besides I am sure the twp piece singlet will solve all the skin issues! LOL

MaleMatMaid

Postby MaleMatMaid » Wed May 03, 2017 7:48 am

aaacoach28 wrote:This is total BS for moving the regionals back a week. I hope someone can explain the reason to me on this.From my understanding it has all to do with the skin issues this past year. Total BS the way it was handled. Should have not let the kids that had the skin issues wrestle and wrestled the rest. The entire State was exposed to to the skin problems with the wrestlers that wrestled in the region . The same Refs that worked the regional worked the state. That same workout parteners was exposed . I don't understand why the board moved back a week. We have rules to go by and never had a problem prior to this year. Handled totally wrong. So if there is skin issues this year after the regionals are we going to move it back another two weeks??? Shame on you that have your own interest before the rest of the state. Time for the State to move location where there is no influence regarding changing to benefit those who run the state.We have had rules to go by and they worked . Just need logical personal to inforce the rules and turn a deaf ear to those that complain!!This should have been decided by everyone in the state not just a select few. Move The State Tournament !!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely correct! Could not have said it better myself. Clearly this is a new biased rule and if this would have happened to any other team there wouldn't have been a change to the rule. Ridiculous. :x

aaacoach33

Postby aaacoach33 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Maybe this is just a cruel hoax/rumor. Just when everyone was putting the skin issue and the debacle of a response behind us, they're going to start trying to fix things that aren't broke?
In the end we win

aaacoach28

Postby aaacoach28 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:15 pm

This is fact. Another decision that is terrible!!

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Wed May 03, 2017 9:19 pm

It was voted on by the coaches committee! Key word coaches! The NCAA has a break between conference tournaments and NCAA. What is truly wrong with it. Rest the give them two weeks to get ready for states. Personally think it is a good idea. Look matches week before regionals, a lot of teams don't even wrestle. Plus no one is saying you cant schedule a match that week. I doubt many will. Looks like a people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

GRECO

Postby GRECO » Thu May 04, 2017 2:24 am

Coach28

You are so correct in everything you have said!
Look who runs wrestling in WV and who does all of this benefits?
Two weeks before State??
Give me a break.. WV is one of the smallest states with 3 divisions and now you want to wait another week to wrestle states??

Instead of just complaining.. let me tell you how to make boys become MEN that can go to the next level!
1. One class state championships
2. No waiting an extra week ( this is wrestling not for wimps)
3. Skin checks at weigh ins like most tough big state tournaments do ( WV is so small should not be a problem)
4. Like most long term senators that should have term limits.. so should the WV wrestling committee.
5. Promote WV wrestling more, get the old farts out and bring in new blood to revive WV wrestling

aacoach55

Postby aacoach55 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:12 am

So I would guess that anyone will be allowed to wrestle in Regionals with or without skin checks then. No reason to - plenty of time to get on meds and wrestle at States, that is what this would be prompting. This is a sad time in our wonferful state.

aaacoach33

Postby aaacoach33 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:40 am

From what I understand the reason for wanting to do this has nothing to do with giving kids an extra weeks rest. It was to stop future skin issues at states. The problem is, the reason for the skin issue wasn't because the lack of an extra week. It was because they allowed wrestlers with skin issues to wrestle at regionals. I'm not trying to place blame but they need to address how this was allowed to happen. Not add an extra week.

And what about teams that have things scheduled on February 10?

Like forthekids said, some teams don't like to wrestle the week before regionals. The OVAC dual team championships are February 7 and 8. And I'm sure there's lots of other things scheduled that week around the state

I think the extra week deflects from the real reason there were skin issues at states.
In the end we win

Return to “High School Wrestling”