H.I.T Hilltopper Intensive Training

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
westlibcoach

H.I.T Hilltopper Intensive Training

Postby westlibcoach » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:25 pm

HIT program gets underway this fall at two premier high school program's in the state of WV. This a great opportunity for serious wrestlers to get an idea of what it takes to be a successful college wrestler. The HIT program is designed for committed individuals that want a jump start on the upcoming season. The workout will be conducted like a college style practice, ran by WLU coaches, and WLU wrestlers.

The two locations are Ripley High and Parkersburg South High School.

Ripley High School
Youth Wrestlers 5th - 8th grade
Saturday September 23rd
5-7pm
High School Wrestlers
9th-12th grade
Sunday September 24th
3-5pm

Parkersburg South High School
Saturday October 21st
5-7pm
High School Wrestlers
9th-12th grade
Sunday October 22nd
3-5pm

Registration will be completed on site the day of the workout. Cost will be $20 per wrestler in attendance. For more information contact Coach Smith at msmith1@westliberty.edu
Attachments
HIT(1)-page-001.jpg
HIT(1)-page-001.jpg (246.23 KiB) Viewed 2350 times

J.W.

Re: H.I.T Hilltopper Intensive Training

Postby J.W. » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 pm

2 schools 43 minutes apart, not sure that really makes it convenient for the entire state. Ever thought about doing one on the eastern side and one on the western side and maybe reach more wrestlers.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am

J.W. wrote:2 schools 43 minutes apart, not sure that really makes it convenient for the entire state. Ever thought about doing one on the eastern side and one on the western side and maybe reach more wrestlers.

jw The other northern panhandle wrestling college just had one in your area. When does southern wv see some love? If they named it Southern Hilltoppers Intensive Training they sure couldn't use the acronym.

I am glad wv college coaches care enough to put on camps and clinics anywhere in the state. Wasn't that long ago that none of the college coaches seemed to care about you if your area code was 304. Thanks to these coaches for improving wv wrestling

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:44 am

ZZChooseTop wrote:
jw The other northern panhandle wrestling college just had one in your area. When does southern wv see some love? If they named it Southern Hilltoppers Intensive Training they sure couldn't use the acronym.

Why not? I do not understand. Please elaborate lol :twisted:

While southeastern WV lacks any colleges with wrestling programs to do this. I expect some border colleges in VA and NC will soon get the idea to try and start pulling some of those boys across the state line. Bluefield College is starting a program, Southern Virginia U and VMI are close enough to be interested in some of those boys too.

westlibcoach

Postby westlibcoach » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 am

I'm all for doing this program or camp/clinic anywhere in the state of WV. My information is listed on the front page and I have listed it below, please contact me to get something set up in the future. Theses types of camps/clinics are conducted by coaches reaching out to me.

Mitch Smith

Email msmith1@westliberty.edu

Office # (304) 336-8230

Cell # (304) 531-2172

westlibcoach

Postby westlibcoach » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Reminder: H.I.T program will be underway this weekend at Ripley High School. WLU wrestlers for this weekend include the following

Corey Secrist- Petersburg HS-4-time state placer and 2-time state runner-up at Petersburg (W.Va.) HS. ...2-time NHSCA All-American. ...4-year starter posted eye-popping 193-13 record

Chase Morgan- 3-time state qualifier and 2-time state placer at Ripley HS. ...Class AAA state runner-up at 170 as a senior

Chance Morgan- 3-time state qualifier placed 3rd at 182 in West Virginia Class AAA state tournament as a senior at Ripley HS

Logan Arneson- Maryland Class 3A/4A state runner-up at 138 as a senior at Urbana HS. ...Posted 110 wins during high school career. ...3-time state qualifier, 2-time state placer

Darius Bunch- Transfer from Emmanuel (Ga.) College. ...2-time NWCA All-American and 2016 national champion at 133. ...2-time state champion and 3-time state placer at Buford (Ga.) HS. ...Posted 63-1 record as a senior at Buford

Ripley High School

Saturday September 23rd
5-7pm

High School Wrestlers
9th-12th grade
Sunday September 24th
3-5pm

$20 per athlete

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Quality coaching at that price; be hard to beat.

Return to “High School Wrestling”