Braxton at Super 32

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Braxton at Super 32

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Is anybody from Braxton County going to Super 32?
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

coach_williams

Re: Braxton at Super 32

Postby coach_williams » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Bearhugger wrote:Is anybody from Braxton County going to Super 32?

Not that I am aware of. My son is focused on weight lifting and packing on the muscle for this season, which is our agreed upon plan. I would rather he focus on being at a top level for this season and then we can look at VB Nationals, ToC or other national tournaments after the season ends rather than take him to Super 32 as a sophomore. For point of reference, he came out of Super 32 last year with a damaged ligament in his shoulder that affected him all season. I made him not do VB or ToC after the season ended just so he could get healthy and focus on off-season conditioning.

Other than that, most of our juniors and seniors are playing other sports.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 pm

coach_williams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:Is anybody from Braxton County going to Super 32?

Not that I am aware of. My son is focused on weight lifting and packing on the muscle for this season, which is our agreed upon plan. I would rather he focus on being at a top level for this season and then we can look at VB Nationals, ToC or other national tournaments after the season ends rather than take him to Super 32 as a sophomore. For point of reference, he came out of Super 32 last year with a damaged ligament in his shoulder that affected him all season. I made him not do VB or ToC after the season ended just so he could get healthy and focus on off-season conditioning.

Other than that, most of our juniors and seniors are playing other sports.

I actually watched the match live where your son hurt his shoulder. For other readers' information, his opponent had a brutal half nelson and your son fought it the whole match.....................to the point of the injury.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:02 am

Bearhugger wrote:
I actually watched the match live where your son hurt his shoulder. For other readers' information, his opponent had a brutal half nelson and your son fought it the whole match.....................to the point of the injury.

He told me afterwards that he was willing to have his shoulder ripped out before he was going to accept getting pinned.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 pm

coach_williams wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

He told me afterwards that he was willing to have his shoulder ripped out before he was going to accept getting pinned.

What weight is he looking at this season?

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
What weight is he looking at this season?

Still undecided. The weight room will decide that. 160 is a thing of the past tho.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 am

We shall wait and ponder the great mystery of life and weight classes. If last year is an indicator we can tell what weights wrestlers will be by listening to the Daddies complain about someone's attempt to rank the weight classes. If they don't rank someone who was out with an injury or played multiple sports while others were wrestling out of season tournaments the Daddies are usually quick to speak up.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:We shall wait and ponder the great mystery of life and weight classes. If last year is an indicator we can tell what weights wrestlers will be by listening to the Daddies complain about someone's attempt to rank the weight classes. If they don't rank someone who was out with an injury or played multiple sports while others were wrestling out of season tournaments the Daddies are usually quick to speak up.

True enough. I prefer to just watch and wait. No point in anyone knowing where he will be until they see him across the mat from them. As for rankings, he learned a difficult, but good lesson last year, that the only ranking that really matters is the one on Feb 24th.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 pm

coach_williams wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:We shall wait and ponder the great mystery of life and weight classes. If last year is an indicator we can tell what weights wrestlers will be by listening to the Daddies complain about someone's attempt to rank the weight classes. If they don't rank someone who was out with an injury or played multiple sports while others were wrestling out of season tournaments the Daddies are usually quick to speak up.

True enough. I prefer to just watch and wait. No point in anyone knowing where he will be until they see him across the mat from them. As for rankings, he learned a difficult, but good lesson last year, that the only ranking that really matters is the one on Feb 24th.

Fair enough. However, my friend "TrueSouthFanInFlatwoods" told me that he is much bigger than last season. Probably be 182. We shall wait and see.

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
coach_williams wrote:

Fair enough. However, my friend "TrueSouthFanInFlatwoods" told me that he is much bigger than last season. Probably be 182. We shall wait and see.

I thought you might actually have some insider info until you said there was a South fan here :lol:

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:03 pm

coach_williams wrote: No point in anyone knowing where he will be until they see him across the mat from them. As for rankings, he learned a difficult, but good lesson last year, that the only ranking that really matters is the one on Feb 24th.

Do you mean weight class or did you move again? TrueSouthFanInGraham and TrueSouthFanatBlair both wanted to know if you are going to be available to help coach and advise their Athletic Director. TrueSouthFanInLouisville wants to know if Adidas offered you any money to make the move?

coach_williams

Postby coach_williams » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:01 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
coach_williams wrote: No point in anyone knowing where he will be until they see him across the mat from them. As for rankings, he learned a difficult, but good lesson last year, that the only ranking that really matters is the one on Feb 24th.

Do you mean weight class or did you move again? TrueSouthFanInGraham and TrueSouthFanatBlair both wanted to know if you are going to be available to help coach and advise their Athletic Director. TrueSouthFanInLouisville wants to know if Adidas offered you any money to make the move?

LOL nope, no more moving. We are firmly dug in here in Braxton. However, I am a big Adidas fan, so you never know... :mrgreen:

Return to “High School Wrestling”