IRON MAN SEEDS

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
TrueSouthFanInPburg

IRON MAN SEEDS

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:42 am

South seeds, 132-Martin #14, 152-Humphries #5, 160-Hinzman #13, 220-Amos #1 and 285-Haga #6. Peyton Hall-Oak Glen is #7 at 126 and Caleb Rea-Weir is #16 at 132. Peyton Kellar-Warren, Ohio is #10 at 106 and Jashon Hubbard-Steubinville, Ohio is #8 at 152.

Frank

Re: IRON MAN SEEDS

Postby Frank » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 am

Good Luck West Virginia Wrestlers

TheDonald

Postby TheDonald » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 am

Look forward to seeing these gentleman represent the great state of WV!

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Where’s PS Roberts and Dunbar seated? Any of PHS team going to iron man?

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Roberts did not make the top 16 seeds and Dunbar is not going to the Iron Man. He's going to the Barnsville Tourney the other five starters and the B team.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm

PHS is not in the Iron Man

noshowjoe

Postby noshowjoe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Is Mikey Shamblin going .

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 pm

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Roberts did not make the top 16 seeds and Dunbar is not going to the Iron Man. He's going to the Barnsville Tourney the other five starters and the B team.

Thanks for the info thought they both would be seated both good wrestlers.

Truesouthfaninhunt

Postby Truesouthfaninhunt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 pm

I have always been in favor of assigned seats.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Truesouthfaninhunt wrote:I have always been in favor of assigned seats.

That was good! Spellcheck I didn’t catch Seeded.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 am

Shamblin in injured and will not be in the iron man.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 am

That means Hubbard would have to get past seed #1 and Humphreys would have to get past seed #4 for the two to meet in the championship bracket in what would be the semifinals. If neither makes it all the way to the finals then it could happen in the consolations. Otherwise the excitement will continue to build for a possible showdown in January. I've been looking forward to it since it appeared it could happen.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:28 am

TrueSouthFanInPburg wrote:Roberts did not make the top 16 seeds and Dunbar is not going to the Iron Man. He's going to the Barnsville Tourney the other five starters and the B team.

If I'm not mistaken, the two "non-seated" ;) wrestlers are Roberts at 126 and Quiocho at 138 that will be at the Ironman for South with the other 7 starters attending the Barnesville Tourney with the other weight classes filled in by the JV team members. Wish I could be in two places at the same time but I already bought my tickets for the Ironman.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 am

Interstingly looking at the Ironman program online for 2017 it actually lists Drew Dunbar in its list of state placers coming to the tournament. He also just pinned the two kids from St. Eds and Wadsworth that are going with their full teams. Wadsworth is ranked 33rd in the nation and beat South by one weight class (37-33). Their are 8 non-nationally ranked teams sending full teams. Seems like South could have had the full team attend also. However, maybe the Barnesville tourney will give those starters not going to the Ironman a little better experience in the long run.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

KDunbar wrote:Interstingly looking at the Ironman program online for 2017 it actually lists Drew Dunbar in its list of state placers coming to the tournament. He also just pinned the two kids from St. Eds and Wadsworth that are going with their full teams. Wadsworth is ranked 33rd in the nation and beat South by one weight class (37-33). Their are 8 non-nationally ranked teams sending full teams. Seems like South could have had the full team attend also. However, maybe the Barnesville tourney will give those starters not going to the Ironman a little better experience in the long run.

Be nice to see Drew try a shot at Ironman this year isn’t he a senior?

shemailman

Postby shemailman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm

KDunbar wrote:Interstingly looking at the Ironman program online for 2017 it actually lists Drew Dunbar in its list of state placers coming to the tournament. He also just pinned the two kids from St. Eds and Wadsworth that are going with their full teams. Wadsworth is ranked 33rd in the nation and beat South by one weight class (37-33). Their are 8 non-nationally ranked teams sending full teams. Seems like South could have had the full team attend also. However, maybe the Barnesville tourney will give those starters not going to the Ironman a little better experience in the long run.

It is my understanding individuals are decided on after the end up the previous wrestling season. These are based on past credentials, like placing top two at a state tournament and placing high at national tournaments are only two examples. Results from the current season do not play a part in whether or not an individual gets invited to go.
"Trans people deserve something vital; they deserve your respect. From that respect comes a more compassionate community."

-Caitlyn Jenner

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 pm

shemailman wrote:

It is my understanding individuals are decided on after the end up the previous wrestling season. These are based on past credentials, like placing top two at a state tournament and placing high at national tournaments are only two examples. Results from the current season do not play a part in whether or not an individual gets invited to go.

I agree with you on that. Just was making the observation regarding the recent matches and found it curious that South had 8 kids listed as attending. Quiocho is apparently taking Shamblin's spot now that he is out for the season, as Shamblin's was on the list of attendees along with Drew.

bearcat1

Postby bearcat1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 pm

I had not heard of Shamblin being out for the year. What is his injury? Hate to hear that about him!

Return to “High School Wrestling”