WVYWA Region and State Championship is this still happening

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
figure4match

Postby figure4match » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Postby figure4match » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:49 pm

The WVYWA web site looks really good but has no real information.
I have seen very little information posted on Facebook or this forum. Since the regions were voted to be condensed to 4 which is similar to WV High School format with a pill system to seat brackets, that is about all we have to work with.
Our club as no idea who the region chair is and when the regional tournament is going to take place and what location. There has been some posts on Facebook about the State meet taking place at the Beckley Raleigh Convention Center the weekend of March 10. But nothing else!!
We are about 40 days out form this event. Is it still happening and can anyone within the know share the details and provide? Hotels need to be booked. You can't set a date and think that people will just show up. You/ We are trying to improve WV wrestling. Please don't lose sight of this.. With this tournment moving every two years a lot of people have no idea what to expect in a new location.

1) Can the web site be updated with dates, times and contacts for Regional tournaments.
2) weigh allowance for region and state tournaments
3) Is this a age or grade base tournament? ES 4-12 MS 13-15?
4) Please define the MS level requirements. Not all wrestlers took part in the WSAZ and I believe there are lot of questions about this.
5) Any rules that Raleigh convention has that we need to take note
6) Are you going to presale admission tickets
7) Post local hotels and resturants

What else am I missing???

misskimlpn

Re: WVYWA Region and State Championship is this still happening

Postby misskimlpn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm

I had the same question. I am not finding any regional qualifying tournaments or anywhere where it tells what Region I am in since it realigned.

Shuysmom

Postby Shuysmom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm

I found a region map on the website at http://wvywa.com/

I think the regions are as follows:
Region 1 is red
Region 2 is yellow
Region 3 is blue
Region 4 is green

The following was on the middle school forum-

Region 1 Chair – Scooter Myers – kevinemmitt22@gmail.com
Region 2 Chair – Mark Preolitti – mark@dandgmachine.com
Region 3 Chair – Tim Casto – outlawloggin@gmail.com
Region 4 Chair – Chris Morgan – cmorg77@gmail.com

On the WVYWA website there are links to regional entry forms, but they have not been updated for this year yet. The link is http://wvywa.com/regional-entry-forms/

Slitteral1

Postby Slitteral1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:19 pm

The website really needs updated. The regional map on the front page is correct, but the drop down menu only has the old divisions listed. If you go to the links for the Regional Tournaments, it list Clay County High School as the host site for Region 4, but Clay is in region 3. University High in Region 2 is hosting the Region 3 tournament, and Hedgesville High is hosting Region 2, (as it should be). It is very confusing.

Return to “Youth Wrestling”