WSAZ 106 JVs

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

WSAZ 106 JVs

Postby Bearhugger » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Junior varsity! One of my favorite topics.

This is one of the reasons why the WSAZ is a great tournament. Many great teams and usually many great JV wrestlers coming in to show how they stack up.

The 106lb weight class was filled with all kinds of JV action.

Working up the podium, Huntington High had Doss and JV Arthur. Doss pinned Arthur in round 3 of the tournament. These two met AGAIN in a battle for 7th place with Arthur winning the rematch. It doesn’t get any closer than this.

Point Pleasant had Cornell and JV Smith. These two met in the quarterfinals with Smith winning by decision. Although there was no rematch, Cornell rebounded for 3rd place while Smith finished in 5th place.

East Fairmont brought Boyers and JV Cassucio. These two met in the semifinals with Cassucio winning by decision. Cassucio finished in 2nd place and Boyers finished 6th.

Summary:

2nd Cassucio JV / East Fairmont
3rd Cornell / Point Pleasant
5th Smith JV / Point Pleasant
6th Boyers / East Fairmont
7th Arthur JV / Huntington
8th Doss / Huntington

Great job guys!!!!!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

Diamond

Re: WSAZ 106 JVs

Postby Diamond » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:25 am

Bearhugger wrote:Junior varsity! One of my favorite topics.

This is one of the reasons why the WSAZ is a great tournament. Many great teams and usually many great JV wrestlers coming in to show how they stack up.

Working up the podium, Huntington High had Doss and JV Arthur. Doss pinned Arthur in round 3 of the tournament. These two met AGAIN in a battle for 7th place with Arthur winning the rematch. It doesn’t get any closer than this.

Point Pleasant had Cornell and JV Smith. These two met in the quarterfinals with Smith winning by decision. Although there was no rematch, Cornell rebounded for 3rd place while Smith finished in 5th place.

East Fairmont brought Boyers and JV Cassucio. These two met in the semifinals with Cassucio winning by decision. Cassucio finished in 2nd place and Boyers finished 6th.

Summary:

8th Doss / Huntington

Great job guys!!!!!

EF JV is Cassucio? I thought he was finally in the famous (infamous) Murderers Row? If he isn’t it looks like he should be.

magna145

Postby magna145 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 am

Diamond wrote:

Summary:

8th Doss / Huntington

Great job guys!!!!!

EF JV is Cassucio? I thought he was finally in the famous (infamous) Murderers Row? If he isn’t it looks like he should be.

The whole East Fairmont senerio is very odd. Can anyone explain what is going on there?

Repoman1304

Postby Repoman1304 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 am

magna145 wrote:
Diamond wrote:

Summary:

8th Doss / Huntington

Great job guys!!!!!

The whole East Fairmont senerio is very odd. Can anyone explain what is going on there?

So instead of East getting the 28 points that Cassucio earned they had to settle for 11 or 14 that the Boyers kid earned and Cassusio beat Boyers in that tournament..

Diamond

Postby Diamond » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Wrestleoffs are the fair way to establish your lineup but many times I’ve seen the jv kid figures out how to beat his practice partner yet struggles in real competition. It’s none of my business what they do but as an opponent of that team ,I hope they keep the lesser scoring wrestler in their lineup. Not sure why a coach would do that but there must be a reason.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:25 pm

redgreen wrote:Odd for sure. Was there a final wrestle-off? If so Whoever won should be the varsity guy if the rules for the wrestle-offs were established at the start of the season. I guess only the people at East know the answers.

I only know what I know and that is:

Cassucio appeared to be the Varsity all season.

I was at the Cameron Tournament and watched the two wrestlers in the finals. Cassucio won that match.

It appeared Cassucio continued to be varsity after Cameron based on scores and pictures on Facebook.

I was at the Winner's Choice. I saw Cassucio wrestling there among the top AAA 106s in the state. I looked for JV wrestlers for all teams and didn't see where Boyers wrestled that weekend. Boyers must have took the weekend off.

Sometime between Winner's Choice weekend and when the WSAZ seeds were made public, there must have been a wrestle off where Cassucio lost because he was listed as JV per the WSAZ seeds. Boyers was seeded 2nd at the WSAZ and Cassucio was seeded 4th.

The 3rd seed from Bluefield did not make weight so Cassucio moved to third seed.

Once again, Cassucio wrestled Boyers in a real tournament and won again. Cassucio finished the WSAZ in second place while Boyers dropped to sixth. I would have thought he would have bounced back for third like the Point Pleasant wrestler did after losing to his teammate.

Indeed, a very odd situation but the above points are facts.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Diamond wrote:Wrestleoffs are the fair way to establish your lineup but many times I’ve seen the jv kid figures out how to beat his practice partner yet struggles in real competition. It’s none of my business what they do but as an opponent of that team ,I hope they keep the lesser scoring wrestler in their lineup. Not sure why a coach would do that but there must be a reason.

When you look at the regional map, you can click on each team and obtain all kinds of information. Principal's name, coaches' names, school history. East Fairmont has a coaching staff that includes three men with the same last name as former EF state champions. A lot of dedicated fathers! Great job.

FBISURVALINCEVAN1

Postby FBISURVALINCEVAN1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Boyers wrestled two phenomenal matches lastnight against two of the best 106s in the state being Cornell PP and Stocket Uni. Defeating both wrestlers.

And yes he beat Cassucio in wrestle-offs to EARN the varsity spot. I truly hope you are not taking away the talent that boy has b cause he’s been “JV” most of the season.

“Hard work beats talent,when talent doesn’t work hard.”

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:57 pm

FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:Boyers wrestled two phenomenal matches lastnight against two of the best 106s in the state being Cornell PP and Stocket Uni. Defeating both wrestlers.

And yes he beat Cassucio in wrestle-offs to EARN the varsity spot. I truly hope you are not taking away the talent that boy has b cause he’s been “JV” most of the season.

Thank you for clarify the wrestle off mystery. I never questioned EITHER wrestlers' talent level or work ethic although you brought that into the discussion...............for some odd reason.

Whereas I am trying to keep this factual, explain the WSAZ results?

How many more wrestle offs are left? It is not even February yet. Surely this is not a done deal.

mattman

Postby mattman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Bearhugger wrote:
FBISURVALINCEVAN1 wrote:Boyers wrestled two phenomenal matches lastnight against two of the best 106s in the state being Cornell PP and Stocket Uni. Defeating both wrestlers.

now your stating Geno doesnt work hard? Who performed when it counted? I do not have a dog in the hunt but practice what you preach. I wish them both the best but how can 1 day of wrestleoffs decide the fate for a kid? He won heads up and placed 2nd to 6th compared to the varsity wrestler in the biggest tournament in the state. Maybe you know something the obvious doesnt??

Thank you for clarify the wrestle off mystery. I never questioned EITHER wrestlers' talent level or work ethic although you brought that into the discussion...............for some odd reason.

Whereas I am trying to keep this factual, explain the WSAZ results?

How many more wrestle offs are left? It is not even February yet. Surely this is not a done deal.

ringworm14

Postby ringworm14 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:23 pm

I would take bearhuggers advice and look at coaches names. The whole thing makes more sense that way.

lovesthesport

Postby lovesthesport » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Bearhugger and ringworm14,
Your low character is shining through. Bearhugger mentions the coaches names on purpose to get people curious, please don’t say that you mentioned it for any other reason than I said, because you will be lying, because he believes he knows everything or at the very least, is entitled to know everything, and ringworm14 chimes in with, if you look at the coaches names it will make more sense.
Bearhugger, your overly self importance is sickening. Why you think you should be privy to information that is just none of your freakin business, is beyond me. I know who your sources are, quit acting like you have all these EF alumni’s reaching out to the great bearhugger for advice. The truth of the matter is that 2 kids and 2 families are going through a ton of crap right now and for someone who claims to want to promote wrestling and positivity, you are not doing that regarding this matter. So Robert, until you know the WHOLE story, just hush! You have ONE side, period. I have been friends with both of these families for a very long time. One for over 30 years and the other for almost 20, what they BOTH are going through right now is heartbreaking. It is not as cut and dry as all you keyboard coaches think it is.
ringworm14, your ridiculous comment shows your character as well, or your lack thereof.

Nicki Michael
Nicki Michael

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:53 pm

lovesthesport wrote:Bearhugger and ringworm14,
Your low character is shining through. Bearhugger mentions the coaches names on purpose to get people curious, please don’t say that you mentioned it for any other reason than I said, because you will be lying, because he believes he knows everything or at the very least, is entitled to know everything, and ringworm14 chimes in with, if you look at the coaches names it will make more sense.
Bearhugger, your overly self importance is sickening. Why you think you should be privy to information that is just none of your freakin business, is beyond me. I know who your sources are, quit acting like you have all these EF alumni’s reaching out to the great bearhugger for advice. The truth of the matter is that 2 kids and 2 families are going through a ton of crap right now and for someone who claims to want to promote wrestling and positivity, you are not doing that regarding this matter. So Robert, until you know the WHOLE story, just hush! You have ONE side, period. I have been friends with both of these families for a very long time. One for over 30 years and the other for almost 20, what they BOTH are going through right now is heartbreaking. It is not as cut and dry as all you keyboard coaches think it is.
ringworm14, your ridiculous comment shows your character as well.

Nicki Michael

Mrs Michael:

The coaches' names are public record. I also never mentioned any specific names. I actually had one of these coach's sons reach out to me last Thursday night/Friday morning. He was very nice and we had a good chat. I WILL REPEAT, HE REACHED OUT TO ME. I cannot help who contacts me. It doesn't make me self-important.

Last week I simply asked for the WSAZ seeding criteria so I could understand what I was reading. Instead of getting the criteria, I was told by a few people to mind my own business. The easiest way for the matter last week to have been handled would have been for somebody to step in and state the seeding criteria. That still has not happened. Instead, the choice of silence was made that created a bigger cloud of doubt.

Maybe there is something nobody wants anybody to know? It sure does look that way.

In order for wrestling to be promoted, it needs to be understood. Understanding wrestling includes understanding seeding criteria.

Promoting wrestling also comes in the form of questioning strange seeding.

If I have one side, which is the side everybody else is reading, then what is the other side?

Although you have been a little disrespectful to me, you will never upset me more than my exwife. BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

I hope you guys get this situation resolved. I suggest having a final, final wrestle off where the winner wrestles the season. If that what was already done, then maybe the best man has to beat the other man on more than one day.

magna145

Postby magna145 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:10 pm

ringworm14 wrote:I would take bearhuggers advice and look at coaches names. The whole thing makes more sense that way.

That’s very interesting.

lovesthesport

Postby lovesthesport » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Well Bearhugger, maybe someone else wants your advice on how you think this should be resolved, however, no one here does. I will state again, just because our coaches have too much class to respond to you very pointed jabs, doesn’t mean they are hiding anything. The people directly involved with this know what happened, just because all the information isn’t being shared with you, doesn’t mean it is being hidden. What on earth makes you think this situation isn’t resolved, because it isn’t the resolution you think is appropriate? You saying that the coaches names are public record isn’t the point, you and I, and every intelligent person on this site knows why you mentioned them, so people would look. You have no idea what these coaches are going through right now, no idea. There is a lot of stuff that is public record, should we share it all? My heart aches for Geno and his family, as it does for Blake and his. Both are going through unimaginable things right now, you can whine and complain all you want about not getting what you want in regards to your questions, but you don’t always get what you want. People paint the picture that they want you to see, I have learned that over these last couple of weeks.
Nicki Michael

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 pm

You must be a special kind. You don’t get it. It is none of your business. You talk about about promoting the sport. When is the last time you spent time in the room with youth, take a officiating class to help fill the void and shortage, go into YMCA or schools and talk about the TRUE benefit of the sport. You started a Facebook and get on this site and just plain stir what you can. That is not promoting anything. I can assure you this life lesson for all involved when they come out on other side is more important the a 6 minute wrestling match. So come off your high horse about promoting anything. You sit behind a computer, that is it. The people who are truly promoting this sport are in the trenches and surely forgot more about wrestling then you will apparently ever know. SO JUST STOP IT!

Chris DIserio
35 year official
CW0441

Doc and Gator don’t delete this. Needs to be said, this is getting out of control

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 pm

lovesthesport wrote:Well Bearhugger, maybe someone else wants your advice on how you think this should be resolved, however, no one here does. I will state again, just because our coaches have too much class to respond to you very pointed jabs, doesn’t mean they are hiding anything. The people directly involved with this know what happened, just because all the information isn’t being shared with you, doesn’t mean it is being hidden. What on earth makes you think this situation isn’t resolved, because it isn’t the resolution you think is appropriate? You saying that the coaches names are public record isn’t the point, you and I, and every intelligent person on this site knows why you mentioned them, so people would look. You have no idea what these coaches are going through right now, no idea. There is a lot of stuff that is public record, should we share it all? My heart aches for Geno and his family, as it does for Blake and his. Both are going through unimaginable things right now, you can whine and complain all you want about not getting what you want in regards to your questions, but you don’t always get what you want. People paint the picture that they want you to see, I have learned that over these last couple of weeks.

You can call me Robert as you did before. What was the seeding criteria for the WSAZ?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 pm

forthekids wrote:You must be a special kind. You don’t get it. It is none of your business. You talk about about promoting the sport. When is the last time you spent time in the room with youth, take a officiating class to help fill the void and shortage, go into YMCA or schools and talk about the TRUE benefit of the sport. You started a Facebook and get on this site and just plain stir what you can. That is not promoting anything. I can assure you this life lesson for all involved when they come out on other side is more important the a 6 minute wrestling match. So come off your high horse about promoting anything. You sit behind a computer, that is it. The people who are truly promoting this sport are in the trenches and surely forgot more about wrestling then you will apparently ever know. SO JUST STOP IT!

Chris DIserio
35 year official
CW0441

Doc and Gator don’t delete this. Needs to be said, this is getting out of control

Mr. Diserio, the first, second, third and fourth time I ever heard your name came from four different areas of the state. I have never let what I have heard influence my opinions. With that being said, I guess you are a good referee.

What I have learned is that years of experience means nothing all the time, in all fields and arenas. As for what I do, I do more than type behind a computer. I just do not publicize it. The ones I have helped know who they are. They owe me nothing.

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Your post sums up the insanity of this thread. What kind of official I am has nothing to do with this topic. AVERAGE at best. And we know you don’t publitcy, because you hide behind screen name why myself and others don’t abd take the criticisms that go with it.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 pm

forthekids wrote:You must be a special kind. You don’t get it. It is none of your business. You talk about about promoting the sport. When is the last time you spent time in the room with youth, take a officiating class to help fill the void and shortage, go into YMCA or schools and talk about the TRUE benefit of the sport. You started a Facebook and get on this site and just plain stir what you can. That is not promoting anything. I can assure you this life lesson for all involved when they come out on other side is more important the a 6 minute wrestling match. So come off your high horse about promoting anything. You sit behind a computer, that is it. The people who are truly promoting this sport are in the trenches and surely forgot more about wrestling then you will apparently ever know. SO JUST STOP IT!

Chris DIserio
35 year official
CW0441

One of the life lessons wrestling taught me is to pay attention to details. Your 35 years are "paid" years. I was an official for one year. The pay was pretty good. I had to give it up because of a new job that jerked me around on my schedule. However, another life lesson wrestling taught me is you will get jerked around sooner or later. I left that job. Anything I do for anybody is free and I am glad to do it. Why don't you officiate for free this weekend?

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm

forthekids wrote:Your post sums up the insanity of this thread. What kind of official I am has nothing to do with this topic. AVERAGE at best. And we know you don’t publitcy, because you hide behind screen name why myself and others don’t abd take the criticisms that go with it.

YOU attacked me. I am not upset with you and I responded as honestly and fairly as I could.

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Not attacking you at all simply stating facts! This is none of your business and you hindering the sport not prompting it.

maskedman

Postby maskedman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm

The Maury Povich show is being taken off air and being replaced with WV Mat Forum.

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 pm

And for the record, with my job it cost me to officiate and once again you have no idea what and how I do with that money. So until you put your name and face out there in public to take the hits like I and others do you really are irrelevant.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:27 pm

forthekids wrote:And for the record, with my job it cost me to officiate and once again you have no idea what and how I do with that money. So until you put your name and face out there in public to take the hits like I and others do you really are irrelevant.

With my job, it costs me to come and support wrestling in WV. On the flip side, none of this is your business. I do suggest you and I call a truce. I want you calm and focused to call the matches this weekend. Good luck!

forthekids

Postby forthekids » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Another post to prove my point. Take everybody advice on here and quit bringing the sport down instead of promoting. And if you are take time off work and spending money then you have have time to get in the fight and not be a spectator. Just saying!

Return to “High School Wrestling”