Predictions For Region 4 AAA Tournament

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
guard0544

Re: Predictions For Region 4 AAA Tournament

Postby guard0544 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

aaacoach28 wrote:Remember this name!! Collins at 145.

There could be some good matches at that weight.

ZZChooseTop

Postby ZZChooseTop » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:04 pm

KDunbar wrote:
You do realize that the regions were drawn up the same for all sports and no consideration as to the strength of teams in wrestling was considered in the decision by the WVSSAC. Not saying it's correct, just explaining it.

You do realize that your statement is incorrect. Almighty football does not have regions and swimming has regions but the membership of said regions differs from the wrestling regions.

Your point is well taken that for the majority of sports the principals drew the regions the same but there are two glaring exceptions. If exceptions can be made for football and swimming, why not common sense exceptions for wrestling? If not then we should be uniform across the board as suggested in your post. It would be fun to sit in on the discussion when they decide to take football to a regional playoff system.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:50 pm

ZZChooseTop wrote:
KDunbar wrote:
You do realize that the regions were drawn up the same for all sports and no consideration as to the strength of teams in wrestling was considered in the decision by the WVSSAC. Not saying it's correct, just explaining it.

You do realize that your statement is incorrect. Almighty football does not have regions and swimming has regions but the membership of said regions differs from the wrestling regions.

Your point is well taken that for the majority of sports the principals drew the regions the same but there are two glaring exceptions. If exceptions can be made for football and swimming, why not common sense exceptions for wrestling? If not then we should be uniform across the board as suggested in your post. It would be fun to sit in on the discussion when they decide to take football to a regional playoff system.

I apologize for my error, as I actually was unaware of the swimming situation (I'm guessing this had to be done due to so few schools actually having swim teams). Of course football has no regions. I also have posted previously, saying what would be the big deal to make the wrestling regions different from other sports. This would not affect any other sport. I had mentioned to Coach Stump of coming up with the alternative region proposal that he presented to the WVSSAC in 2017 and posting it on here for all to see. If this was something that seemed acceptable and better by the wrestling fans who follow this site, then possibly circulate a petition including this information at the State Tournament to get signatures and again approach the WVSSAC with this, showing the level of support. Just a thought of actually doing something instead of just talking.

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:56 pm

ZZChooseTop is correct. My niece swims for South. South is in Region 1, and their regional swim meet was at Brooke last weekend. (Bear with me while I share a side story...) Her relay team qualified for next week's state swim meet, but it's bittersweet for her. Her brother is a United States Marine, and he ships out to Japan next Thursday the 15th, the same day as the first day of the state swim meet. Since her mom and stepdad (her biological dad is deceased) are understandably making the trip to North Carolina to see her brother off, Aunt Jenny is going to go to the state swim meet to cheer her on. :)

JennyHannan

Postby JennyHannan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Since the regional alignment does not apply to all high school sports in West Virginia, I TOTALLY agree that since football and swimming don't follow the regional alignment, a very strong case could be made for regional realignment of wrestling.

vortexfan

Postby vortexfan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 pm

KDunbar wrote:
ZZChooseTop wrote:
KDunbar wrote:

I apologize for my error, as I actually was unaware of the swimming situation (I'm guessing this had to be done due to so few schools actually having swim teams). Of course football has no regions. I also have posted previously, saying what would be the big deal to make the wrestling regions different from other sports. This would not affect any other sport. I had mentioned to Coach Stump of coming up with the alternative region proposal that he presented to the WVSSAC in 2017 and posting it on here for all to see. If this was something that seemed acceptable and better by the wrestling fans who follow this site, then possibly circulate a petition including this information at the State Tournament to get signatures and again approach the WVSSAC with this, showing the level of support. Just a thought of actually doing something instead of just talking.

Sounds like a good person to do the proposal, just curious if Coach Stump posted on here his idea or proposal, if so I must have missed it. Be nice to change this craziness sooner rather than later.

TrueSouthFanInPburg

Postby TrueSouthFanInPburg » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 pm

106-Easton-1st. 113-Johnson-1st, 120-Windland-1st, 126-Roberts-1st, 132-Quiocho-1st,138-MARTIN-1ST, 135-Collins-1st, 152-Humphries-1st, 160-Hinzman-1st, 170-Linder-1st, 182-Dunbar-1st, 195-Fullerton-1st,220-Amos-1st, 285-Haga-1st. Parkersburg South-1st with 391-points. :D

brentsams

Postby brentsams » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 am

Westfall pins Tucker in first round. Guarantee fourth place. Just like someone figured.

george

Postby george » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Are brackets online anywhere?

Gator

Postby Gator » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:12 pm

george wrote:Are brackets online anywhere?

Under the thread Region 4 AAA seeds
Moderator WV Mat

Return to “High School Wrestling”